Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Waukeen's return
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2020 :  19:39:37  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have been digging around and I haven't found anything. Was it ever said HOW she announced to everyone that she was back? I have an idea but I don't want it to counter any canon reference.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2020 :  20:12:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

I have been digging around and I haven't found anything. Was it ever said HOW she announced to everyone that she was back? I have an idea but I don't want it to counter any canon reference.

I don't recall any specifics, but it's been a long time since I read the For Duty & Deity module. I trust you've looked there?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2020 :  20:31:39  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

I don't recall any specifics, but it's been a long time since I read the For Duty & Deity module. I trust you've looked there?

Oh, yeah. This is the entirety of it:

"The goddess reveals her return to her church (and the rest of Faerün) on the 24th of Nightal, 1370 DR. This day becomes an official festival for the worshipers of Waukeen."

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2020 :  23:29:57  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Serves me right for donating my copy of For Duty and Deity back in 2003. As I remember, the return assumes the party rescues Waukeen from Azzagrat. She grants each of the surviving members a cost-free wish.
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2020 :  03:16:58  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Delnyn. I am looking for how Waukeen notified everyone on Faerun that she was back. Did she have golden eagles spell it out in the sky? Did she have bards all over the place fall into a trance and say:

"Fiddle dee dum,
Fiddle dee day,
Waukeen is back,
And here to stay."

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2020 :  03:27:56  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote is simply that they were notified by her clergy when those individuals discovered her again answering their prayers.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2020 :  03:51:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would expect major manifestations in her temples, and minor ones around her remaining clergy. Lliira may have also been involved.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2020 :  03:54:51  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I would expect major manifestations in her temples, and minor ones around her remaining clergy. Lliira may have also been involved.

Wait, didn't Lliira hold Waukeen's portfolio in trust as a favor? IIRC, Lliira appreared to the faithful with Waukeen and publicly returned Waukeen's portfolio and power as a shower of golden coins.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2020 :  04:20:27  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-The stock market boomed

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2020 :  05:02:13  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since there doesn't seem to be anything canon for this, I will just use what I came up with (if your a god gone for a dozen years, either go big or go home):

After operating this way for only a handful of years, the faithful Iriaeben Waukeenar had their most fervent prayer answered: Waukeen returned. At two hours after sundown on 24 Nightal, 1370, a column of golden light shot up into the night sky from the Tower of Gold. At the same time, every coin and trade bar within earshot of an intelligent being gained a golden aura and a female voice was heard to say “Behold! The Merchant’s Friend has returned. All give praise to Waukeen!” Merchants and townspeople rushed down to the Tower of Gold where they found Lannilea and the other Waukeenar (who had been compelled earlier to go down to the Tower of Gold) bathed in the golden light and leading a ceremony to give thanks to Waukeen. Many merchants joined in the celebration and made substantial donations on the spot. The 24th of Nightal became a new festival celebrated by Waukeenar everywhere.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2020 :  07:35:15  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe TheIriaeban,

I like your idea. Being that Waukeen and Lliira were already close before Waukeen got nabbed and imprisoned, I would imagine, that as Master Rupert implied, there would likely be involvement by Lliira. I would say that there would be an enormous festival in honor of Lliira keeping her word and bond to Waukeen and that there would be significant financial assistance going forward from the church of Waukeen.

I can see those festivals being absolutely amazing! :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000