Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 HEROQUEST IS BACK!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4008 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2020 :  13:19:54  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So my friend let me know that they [Hasbro] were creating a Kickstarter for possibly re-releasing the old RPG-Board Game HeroQuest! Now I'm super excited because this game is just so much fun and easy to get into. I was lucky to find a used copy 90% completed on eBay for $85 (an amazing steal!) and now it's getting a new facelift.

Here's the link to the Kickstarter Hero Quest

So with the kickstarter, you have two options: Heroic Tier ($99) and Mythic Tier ($149). They both offer exclusives that you wouldn't get at the retail store (I think a few additional characters, plus female/male counterparts for the Heroes - which I think is a great touch!) plus the Mythic tier adds two expansions and I think two new heroes (Warlock being one, I believe).

They were shooting for a million for the Kickstarter and hit that number (1.2mil currently) in less than 24-hours. This is definitely a game I'd suggest to pick up if you can or try to get in on the Kickstarter, its just so much fun.

One disappointing note, which I'm seeing a lot of anger about, is that it's not being shipped outside the USA or Canada. Which, from what I'm reading, is kind of a slap in the face since HQ was owned/controlled by Games Workshop, a UK run company. So I understand that frustration. Hopefully when the game is fully ready for retail, it'll go out to other countries.

4E Realms = Great Taste, Less Filling.

"If WotC were to put out a box of free money, people would still complain how it was folded."
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000