Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Reading everything chronologically
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tangelo1023
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2020 :  17:56:33  Show Profile Send tangelo1023 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
During the quarantine, I basically took every FR novel and short story and chronologically spliced them together into a gigantic multi-volume ebook. I've been reading through these volumes and it's such an amazing experience. Way more immersive than just reading one particular series and stopping there. It's like you're following the history of this massive world. You see all these little corners of the setting. You have big epic stuff followed by really intimate stories. You see someone from a minor short story 1000 pages ago lead a full novel. My favorite part was reading these little snippets following fan favorite characters like Artemis, years before they take a central role. Another good part is "discovering" stories by relatively unknown authors that are just as good as the more popular stuff. I thought this would be a good way to get into the Realms before BG3's release and it's really made the setting into a interconnected, living world.

Has anyone else tried this? What was your favorite part? Did you stumble across an obscure story that was actually amazing?

For reference, I used a combination of the Mythbank list and Ed Greenwood's official list from 2000.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000