Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Storm Silverhand duel against Iyachtu Xvim
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2020 :  09:54:41  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, in the Seven Sisters book (old 2d stuff) I found a reference about Storm Silverhand dueling (and defeating) the evil god Iyachtu Xvim. I assume Storm fought against an avatar of Xvim. But I have no idea of what was at stake. Apparently two of her sisters magicaly prepeared her with magic, so it wasn't a spur of the moment, but a planificated event.
I think that's a unnical event that needs some explanation... When did it happen? How? Why? I'm imagining people making millionaire bets at Sigil and places like that. And Xvim is (was) chaotic evil, so probably wasn't playing fair. Probably lots of cultists tried to help him in some way.
So, could somebody bring me details?

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2020 :  13:03:06  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to make everyone's life easier who won't necessarily remember this

Long ago, Alustriel and Laeral protected Storm in preparation for a duel against Iyachtu Xvim, the Godson of Bane (a duel she won, earning his eternal enmity) with a spell reversal and permanency, so that to this day four specific spells do not harm her. Instead, these spells heal her or give her extra hit points equal to the damage they would have done; these extra hit points disappear after one day The four spells are magic missile, lightning bolt, ice storm, and chain lightning. Storm is also immune to natural lightning damage, and she loves to stand out in storms, lashed by the wind and rain. Her habit of doing so as soon as she could toddle is the origin of her first name.

To my knowledge, this was never written up. However, it would have occurred after 764 DR, since apparently that's when Storm was born UNLESS time travel was used. Assuming time travel wasn't involved, that would mean it wasn't during the time that Iyachtu Xvim was the "Fiend King" of Westgate. Also, this quandary presents a bit of a conundrum, since the GHotR states that her name is Ethena Astorma. So, her name includes Storm as part of it THEORETICALLY from birth. Oddly enough, even this stuff is questionable too, because the copy of Seven Sisters that I have says her truename is Esheena not Ethena.

From Seven Sisters
The Sisters all have private names known only to each other, Khelben, Elminster, Lhaeo, and certain trusted Harpers. These truenames are used in messages and communication and guardian magics, so the Sisters can recognize each other without breaking any disguises. Storm's truename is "Esheena."

From GHotR
762 DR Year of the Snow Sword
In Silverhand Tower, near Neverwinter, Endué Alustriel is born to the human noble Dornal Silverhand and his sorceress wife, the half-elf Elué Shundar. Elué was possessed by the goddess Mystra, so as to birth mortal servants for herself. Alustriel is the second of seven silver-haired daughters destined to become the famous Seven Sisters [1357], all Chosen of Mystra. Her elder sister Anastra Syluné [841] was born a year earlier, and Ambara Dove [1374] the year after, followed in succeeding years by Ethena Astorma [1235], Anamanué Laeral [806], Alassra Shentrantra (known today as The Simbul [1295]), and Erésseae Qilué. Alustriel [815] became famous across Faerûn as the High Mage of Silverymoon [719, 784], and is now the High Lady of the Silver Marches.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2020 :  15:28:27  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

So, her name includes Storm as part of it THEORETICALLY from birth. Oddly enough, even this stuff is questionable too, because the copy of Seven Sisters that I have says her truename is Esheena not Ethena.

The Seven Sisters' true names (or secret names) have nothing to do with their full names. For example in The Seven Sisters Endué Alustriel true name is "Dlaertha" (page 14), Ambara Dove is "Amandorna" (page 21) and so on.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2020 :  18:24:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Demzer

quote:

So, her name includes Storm as part of it THEORETICALLY from birth. Oddly enough, even this stuff is questionable too, because the copy of Seven Sisters that I have says her truename is Esheena not Ethena.

The Seven Sisters' true names (or secret names) have nothing to do with their full names. For example in The Seven Sisters Endué Alustriel true name is "Dlaertha" (page 14), Ambara Dove is "Amandorna" (page 21) and so on.

Either way, her full name had storm in it

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2020 :  18:29:00  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I just found it funny that in a duel between two insanely powerful individuals, someone might be breaking out Magic Missiles.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerûn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerûn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2020 :  18:53:22  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Long ago, Alustriel and Laeral protected Storm in preparation for a duel against Iyachtu Xvim, the Godson of Bane (a duel she won, earning his eternal enmity) with a spell reversal and permanency, so that to this day four specific spells do not harm her. Instead, these spells heal her or give her extra hit points equal to the damage they would have done; these extra hit points disappear after one day The four spells are magic missile, lightning bolt, ice storm, and chain lightning. Storm is also immune to natural lightning damage, and she loves to stand out in storms, lashed by the wind and rain. Her habit of doing so as soon as she could toddle is the origin of her first name.

I guess I found the reason some people hate Mystra and her Chosen,

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2020 :  19:25:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-I just found it funny that in a duel between two insanely powerful individuals, someone might be breaking out Magic Missiles.

It's a good tactic if you're going against someone with protection against magical attacks. A lot of arcane protections are against specific amounts of magic -- a certain number of spells or spell levels, or even a number of hit points of damage. Wasting wimpier spells to lower that protection, making the opponent more vulnerable to stronger attacks, is a good tactic.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Aug 2020 01:31:40
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2020 :  04:10:52  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

It's a good tactic if you're going against someone with protection against magical attacks. A lot of arcane protections are against specific amounts of magic -- a certain number of spells or spell levels, or even a number of hit points of damage. Wasting wimpier spells to lower that protection, making the opponent more vulnerable to stronger attacks, is a good tactic.

Not to mention it is a fast spell, there is no saving throw, and if you maximize it, 25 hit points of damage is 25 hit points of damage. A level 20 wizard (2e rules) would have a maximum of 70 hps if he rolled a 4 on all his hit die rolls and had a 16 Constitution so that would be over a third of his hit points in one shot.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2020 :  12:04:00  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:

Yeah, I remember in 2nd edition poring through spell lists for my NPC's and having numerous things like this where mages had layers upon layers of protections.... because in 2e you could do that. I remember developing a drow lich NPC, designing his defenses, and then literally trying to figure out any way that I could hurt the guy and drawing a blank. I actually wrote an article around several archmages sitting around "discussing" what kind of defenses they "expected" him to have before they arranged to take him out. I was literally coming up with ideas like "a tenser's floating disk following behind a flying mage that has been filled with holy water so that when the drow liches spells drop the disk, the water flings forward".

So, when I hear people tell me how bad 3.5e magics were compared to 2e, I can't help but laugh. This 5e edition, with a loss of a lot of the disclaimer language gets a little more dangerous, but the fact that you have like NO spell slots (a wizard in 2e with a full spell allotment would have like double or triple the number of spells.... at the same time, it would take him a week to restore those slots, not an hour).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2020 :  16:35:28  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I remember in 2nd edition poring through spell lists for my NPC's and having numerous things like this where mages had layers upon layers of protections.... because in 2e you could do that. I remember developing a drow lich NPC, designing his defenses, and then literally trying to figure out any way that I could hurt the guy and drawing a blank. I actually wrote an article around several archmages sitting around "discussing" what kind of defenses they "expected" him to have before they arranged to take him out. I was literally coming up with ideas like "a tenser's floating disk following behind a flying mage that has been filled with holy water so that when the drow liches spells drop the disk, the water flings forward".

So, when I hear people tell me how bad 3.5e magics were compared to 2e, I can't help but laugh. This 5e edition, with a loss of a lot of the disclaimer language gets a little more dangerous, but the fact that you have like NO spell slots (a wizard in 2e with a full spell allotment would have like double or triple the number of spells.... at the same time, it would take him a week to restore those slots, not an hour).

Were those released spells or homegrown that made the lich so hard to defeat? I am curious what defenses he could have had that made him hard to kill.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2020 :  17:08:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

quote:

quote:

quote:

Were those released spells or homegrown that made the lich so hard to defeat? I am curious what defenses he could have had that made him hard to kill.

Back in 2e, drow magic resistance was like a flat percentage that increased by level. Don't quote me, but I think his number was up to where he could simply shrug of 3/4 of effects or thereabouts. That's before even attempting a save or looking at other resistances. Then he was also a lich, with their attendant protections. Then I was looking at literally any spell out there at the time that was published by TSR as available (I would never give anyone a blanket "you can have any published spell you can find" nowadays, but I was in my early 20's... I've learned). The number of "hang a spell in a spell, and release 3 at a time" options, or long term casting spells, etc.. or spells with a permanency option, that texisted were horrendous. Then things like stoneskin, with options for multiple delayed castings of stoneskin and ironguard, just made being physically attacked a joke.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2020 :  17:43:47  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Back in 2e, drow magic resistance was like a flat percentage that increased by level. Don't quote me, but I think his number was up to where he could simply shrug of 3/4 of effects or thereabouts. That's before even attempting a save or looking at other resistances. Then he was also a lich, with their attendant protections. Then I was looking at literally any spell out there at the time that was published by TSR as available (I would never give anyone a blanket "you can have any published spell you can find" nowadays, but I was in my early 20's... I've learned). The number of "hang a spell in a spell, and release 3 at a time" options, or long term casting spells, etc.. or spells with a permanency option, that texisted were horrendous. Then things like stoneskin, with options for multiple delayed castings of stoneskin and ironguard, just made being physically attacked a joke.

Yep, I can see how that would drag a fight out but that would be an epic battle to batter down his defenses and would be worthy of a bard's song or story. It is also why I never counted on being able to use magic to directly take down something that had magic resistance and instead had to use their environment. That holy water idea was awesome.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2020 :  18:06:21  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep, I can see how that would drag a fight out but that would be an epic battle to batter down his defenses and would be worthy of a bard's song or story. It is also why I never counted on being able to use magic to directly take down something that had magic resistance and instead had to use their environment. That holy water idea was awesome.

Tenser's Floating disk is a very much under utilized tool. In earlier editions, you could move it around you, rather than it simply following you. You can in theory strap a battering ram or anvil on it, or a razor sharp disk. You can strap something on it such that it will slide forward when you "stop" and simple move forward and then turn 90 degrees and thereby launch whatever it is a short distance (if its heavy, that may be just inches). When I mention that, picture a glass 5 gallon jug of acid. Since it disappears when you cross a pit or chasm, you can bombard things at the bottom. Since its a ritual nowadays, if you have the time for it, you can cast it repeatedly without issue.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

see
Learned Scribe

235 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2020 :  00:27:33  Show Profile Send see a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Given the 2e Wizard's Spell Compendium was a 1,152-page set of four volumes, well.
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2020 :  01:11:43  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by see

quote:

Given the 2e Wizard's Spell Compendium was a 1,152-page set of four volumes, well.

Oh, I know. That is why I asked. But those don't have the later spells from Dragon mag or even the spells from Secrets of the Magister. Sleyvas could also have a "private" spellbook like the one I have: a 574 page Word document of spells from various published sources (most of which were not in the 2e WSC) as well as over 250 original spells.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2020 :  12:58:50  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by see

quote:

Oh, I know. That is why I asked. But those don't have the later spells from Dragon mag or even the spells from Secrets of the Magister. Sleyvas could also have a "private" spellbook like the one I have: a 574 page Word document of spells from various published sources (most of which were not in the 2e WSC) as well as over 250 original spells.

I did have a small subset of personalized spells as well, but those were mostly confined to specific NPC's. For instance, Sleyvas was fond of a spell I called Sleyvas' Magical Battery, which could be tied to certain already cast spells to give them the option of working even in an anti-magic shell. I'm not fond of using spells that weren't published at the time though unless they were my own, and I tended to be very scrutinous at the time for spell design (so using other spells for comparison). I find way too many third party spells are overpowered. However, in the case of the drow lich (going from memory), it was just published stuff (I know I had the spell compendium at the time, etc...).

Just to give an idea of the things that could be done, there were way too many "fire and forget" spells that let you cast a spell and delay its operation until later. One was something like "shock" something, and it would let you cast a spell that stored an electrical jolt on a piece of metal. Afterward, the caster could handle the material with no problem, but anyone else touching the material would be impacted. There was no limit to how many could be cast. Picture this cast on say ball bearings or bullets in the gond gun that was multiple barrels laid side by side, or even individual spikes in a pit trap, etc..... Then the ability to store x spells in another spell, and release 2 at a time made certain combinations extremely dangerous (wall of force dome and proof from teleportation, especially if used in combination with a cloud spell, something that removed the ability to breathe, etc...). Its because of this that you'll often hear me giving props to 3rd edition for limiting the TYPES of metamagics someone can pull off, because too many available makes for unbelievably powerful scenarios.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2020 :  05:21:50  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Magic Missile had no level cap to the number of magic missiles that could be had...there was no limit of 5 in 1e AD&D...so it was good to be immune to something that could do several dozen HP damage.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2020 :  13:22:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had to dig, but found it. Here is Ed on the battle between Iyachtu and Storm:

The battle occurred around 996 DR or so, when Xvim, who was proud, arrogant, hot-tempered and extremely violent, was slaughtering mortals here, there, and everywhere as he wandered Faerûn. Storm happened upon some Harpers he’d messily dismembered after they sought to stop him, and tried to track him. When she found an entire Calishite satrap’s bodyguard slaughtered and strewn about, she called on her sisters to alert them to a powerful peril, and they all started using magic to try to locate where this slayer was, and who it was.

They found Xvim terrorizing an encamped caravan in the wilderlands east of Amn, and her sisters hastily helped Storm prepare to do battle with him, observing the gleeful destruction he was hurling (from an arsenal of magic items he’d seized from various victims). She hastened to the camp he was looting and bade him cease. He sneered at her, so she challenged him to a formal duel, hoping he’d name himself. He did, so she knew who she faced—and then casually attacked her, not knowing or caring who she was (her name meant nothing to him, and “Chosen of Mystra” sounded like some empty self-bestowed boasting title to him).

Storm hit him with all she could, astonishing and hurting him, and then they fought, briefly and savagely, until the Son of Bane fled, wracked with agony and bewildered that a seemingly puny mortal could so harm him. Storm pursued, and that pursuit became a nightmare of pain for Xvim; she found him wherever he hid, withstood his cunning attacks whenever he rallied to strike back, and hurt him whenever they fought toe to toe. In the end, he fled to his father—who ridiculed him for being so weak, and so foolish as to antagonize a servant of Mystra (rather than avenging him, though Bane didn’t forget, and in the Time of Troubles did take his revenge on the goddess of magic).

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2020 :  13:59:56  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

The battle occurred around 996 DR or so, when Xvim, who was proud, arrogant, hot-tempered and extremely violent, was slaughtering mortals here, there, and everywhere as he wandered Faerûn. Storm happened upon some Harpers he’d messily dismembered after they sought to stop him, and tried to track him. When she found an entire Calishite satrap’s bodyguard slaughtered and strewn about, she called on her sisters to alert them to a powerful peril, and they all started using magic to try to locate where this slayer was, and who it was.
-- George Krashos

THAT was what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!
I think Storm is the most badass bard of the entire Dnd Multiverse.
I suppose Xvim was only a real powerful balor back then, not a demigod.
Curiously I haven't read in any gods book that Xvim hated Storm for his previous defeat, even when he became a god.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2020 :  14:13:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mrestos Khorvaen

quote:

-- George Krashos

Curiously I haven't read in any gods book that Xvim hated Storm for his previous defeat, even when he became a god.

I'd say that either Xvim was too busy with the demands of godhood, or he was very carefully pretending the whole thing never happened. Kinda damaging for a god's image to have been curbstomped by a mortal. If he pretended it didn't happen, then no one needed to know why he hated her.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2020 :  19:42:48  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

He was never a balor. He's usually described as a half-breed demon, though they do note in F&A that his mother might have been a corrupted paladin and that he LOOKS like a 12 foot tall broad shouldered troll. Possibly all three are true (i.e. the mother being a demon-troll or Mur-Zhagul that was also a corrupted paladin) unless they ever gave more info somewhere else.

You know, if some of the theories that Bane was a half-orc (green skinned) are true, that makes for a very "colorful" ancestry for Xvim. And before anyone says it, yes, I know a god can look like whatever they want.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2020 :  19:46:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've suggested that Xvim's mom could have been a tiefling paladin, and she was so corrupted by Bane's seed that she went full-on fiend. This allows Xvim to have a paladin mom and still be half-demon.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2020 :  08:48:14  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my realms Xvim is the son of Queen Iya of Ixinos.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Compaste
Acolyte

21 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2020 :  02:23:48  Show Profile Send Compaste a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Her skill is awesome! May it continue to prevail
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2020 :  12:52:54  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If 5E is correct and the original Bane is floating around as a subdivine entity like Myrkul and Bhaal, then let's go with Wooly's postulate that Xvim took over Bane's portfolio, faked his own death, and pulled a really outstanding con job on Faerunian mortals.

I think Xvim would be far more than ready for a rematch. He does not come across as a "forgive and forget" type.

Edited by - Delnyn on 07 Oct 2020 12:54:13
Go to Top of Page

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2020 :  15:53:53  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

If 5E is correct and the original Bane is floating around as a subdivine entity like Myrkul and Bhaal, then let's go with Wooly's postulate that Xvim took over Bane's portfolio, faked his own death, and pulled a really outstanding con job on Faerunian mortals.

I think Xvim would be far more than ready for a rematch. He does not come across as a "forgive and forget" type.

Maybe I'm the only pal around who liked Xvim... And I expect he is around somewhere, somehow!
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2020 :  17:32:10  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You mean, FR's Bane. Because Bane still lives on, as the new holder of that title is Achra, from the Dawn War pantheon.

Naturally, this leads to a lot of interesting conclusions. Like Whooly's theory that Xvim was the one impersonating Bane during the post-ToT/pre-Spellplague years. Achra may have take the position of Bane in the Realms during the post-Spellplague/pre-Sundering years (what happened to Xvim during this time?), as the backstory of FR Bane during 4e is basically the same of NV Bane's.

Then, perhaps Achra left the Realms when Ao began to tyrannize the gods of the Realms and Xvim at last has his chance to use the "Bane" title.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2020 :  21:50:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Maybe I'm the only pal around who liked Xvim... And I expect he is around somewhere, somehow!

I thought Xvim had better style than Bane, which is part of why I so very much like my theory that Bane never returned, and that Xvim was impersonating him.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2020 :  22:57:38  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe Delnyn,

I think that is a reasonable idea. I mean, Lord Xvim proved his trickiness mettle in Tymora's Luck.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2020 :  11:46:17  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can only imagine how the Dark Three operated as an adventuring group.

Myrkul lays out the convoluted plots, complete with traps, maps and uncannily accurate schematics.

Bane goes "no biggie, I'll boink the paladin. she'll tell me everything."

Bhaal goes "and i'll boink everyone else."

Myrkul: "*facepalm*"
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2020 :  15:17:47  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

I can only imagine how the Dark Three operated as an adventuring group.

Myrkul lays out the convoluted plots, complete with traps, maps and uncannily accurate schematics.

Bane goes "no biggie, I'll boink the paladin. she'll tell me everything."

Bhaal goes "and i'll boink everyone else."

Myrkul: "*facepalm*"

Wouldn't they be called the Boinking Three, then? Or Two and a half Boinkers?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000