Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Heroes of Silver Marches
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  20:42:55  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hail thee all,
That question might seem like nonsense
but
is there any well known heroes and adventurers surviving in 1372 except dove falconhand and drizzt?

I m not asking for organizations such as harpers. I need famous heroes whose adventures are mentioned in the novels.
But if you have a character venturing silvermarches with some reputation, I appretiate if you post the stats and basic background and list of heroic deeds.
You can post the npcs that you create just for fun.


Edited by - Roewyn on 07 May 2004 20:59:46

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  21:01:59  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I might have a fella for ya after I have played in Arivia's PbEM, we just need to start first

His name is Dalabrac "Dale" Shadowfoot and he's a halfling. Aren't too many halfling heroes around now is there ?

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  21:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, you all might be considered heroes of the Marches...or its greatest traitors...
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  21:21:28  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cherrn

Well I might have a fella for ya after I have played in Arivia's PbEM, we just need to start first

His name is Dalabrac "Dale" Shadowfoot and he's a halfling. Aren't too many halfling heroes around now is there ?



Can you give details about that fella?
of course if you don't care about the copyrights.
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  22:11:13  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well since we haven't started yet he's a rogue lvl 1 but he has a special talent for magic, he just doesn't know it yet. He's a tragic figure as shown by the background I have written up for him. Don't know if I should post it cos then the other players in Arivia's PbEM will know his story and that would be giving away all the secrets wouldn't it ?

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  22:16:42  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cherrn

Well since we haven't started yet he's a rogue lvl 1 but he has a special talent for magic, he just doesn't know it yet. He's a tragic figure as shown by the background I have written up for him. Don't know if I should post it cos then the other players in Arivia's PbEM will know his story and that would be giving away all the secrets wouldn't it ?



yeah, you' re right. But my email is cbasaran@ku.edu.tr and if you mail your info to me and your prospects for the band oyur halfling will wander around. Then I can make your char a hero of my campaign


Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  22:20:10  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roewyn

yeah, you' re right. But my email is cbasaran@ku.edu.tr and if you mail your info to me and your prospects for the band oyur halfling will wander around. Then I can make your char a hero of my campaign


Ill send you an email shortly then along with some notes. Im gonna post his background story in the adventuring section some time anyway cos it would be nice to get some feedback on it from the sages here at the keep seeing as how it is one of the more thorough backgrounds I have done for a character

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  22:28:56  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
People heed me;

I forgot to tell you that your characters don't need to be played. there are few heroes mentioned in the source books and novels but there are hundreds of heoes wandering in the marches.

So I would love to hear your hero ideas and of course villians. But the only thing is necesary that these fellas must be in marches for some cause in 1372.

As Chern please send post your ideas. That can help me very much.
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  22:30:26  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roewyn

People heed me;

I forgot to tell you that your characters don't need to be played. there are few heroes mentioned in the source books and novels but there are hundreds of heoes wandering in the marches.

So I would love to hear your hero ideas and of course villians. But the only thing is necesary that these fellas must be in marches for some cause in 1372.

As Chern please send post your ideas. That can help me very much. Thanx Chern very much.

Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  22:32:13  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The email should be on its way Roewyn, lemme know what you think

He's a somewhat untraditional hero don't ya think ?

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."

Edited by - Cherrn on 30 Apr 2004 22:33:09
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  22:48:58  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cherrn

The email should be on its way Roewyn, lemme know what you think

He's a somewhat untraditional hero don't ya think ?



You know what I love him
Great character, and I will use him in my campaign if you let me to
I m very impressed with the little folk because of him.
Because I like hulking warriors,determination and honor.
But I loved him.
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  23:02:02  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roewyn

You know what I love him
Great character, and I will use him in my campaign if you let me to
I m very impressed with the little folk because of him.
Because I like hulking warriors,determination and honor.
But I loved him.



Glad ya did, feel free to use him if ya want

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  00:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roewyn, are you running a campaign based in the Marches? I've got a few items and such you might be interested in, then...specifically in the area of flora of the Marches.
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  00:28:04  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes, I do.
I would be very intersted whatever you have about silvermarches
my email is cbasaran@ku.edu.tr.

But I still want to use my fellow scribes heroes in my game. I bet they all can make interesting heroes and villians.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  00:31:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll throw a few other pieces in too, including some NPC concepts.(I won't post them here, for fear that my players will read this scroll.) Expect something in the next few days.
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  00:41:14  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I'll throw a few other pieces in too, including some NPC concepts.(I won't post them here, for fear that my players will read this scroll.) Expect something in the next few days.



I see your point.
Thank u, Arivia. I ' ll wait your mail.
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  01:09:43  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want then I can have the fella named Casio I mentioned sent to ya. Just need to sort his background. This one is a villain type

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  01:18:36  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you get over to the WotC site you may want to track down a poster named Autospongue. He's run what looks like a fantastic Silver Marches campaign for quite a long time. He's probably one of the best informed players on this region that I've seen on either board. I know for a fact that he has posted info there regarding music colleges that he has created, newspapers full of gossip and events, and quite a lot of other fantastic in game material.

We need to lure him over to Candlekeep.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  01:28:32  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarta

If you get over to the WotC site you may want to track down a poster named Autospongue. He's run what looks like a fantastic Silver Marches campaign for quite a long time. He's probably one of the best informed players on this region that I've seen on either board. I know for a fact that he has posted info there regarding music colleges that he has created, newspapers full of gossip and events, and quite a lot of other fantastic in game material.

We need to lure him over to Candlekeep.

Sarta



Shall we start with the propaganda Sarta ? You know, drop various hints right after his posts like this:

Phew, I just came from Candlekeep.com, man those people are nice, and intelligent too. One with a vast ammount of knowledge about a region sure would be welcome over there, and liked too!

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  02:38:55  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know. Might not be enough. We want to make sure he gets the message, after all.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  10:59:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If your willing to accept Neutral characters as Heroes then Ive got 2 NPCs for you a Divine Champion of Hoar and a Cleric of Talona LN and CN

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  22:32:12  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

If your willing to accept Neutral characters as Heroes then Ive got 2 NPCs for you a Divine Champion of Hoar and a Cleric of Talona LN and CN




That would be nice, Dargoth. I have no neutral NPCs. I suspect that Talona cleric is a bit unusual. And divine champion of hoar seems to be a good one too.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  22:44:58  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too have a halfling thief for Arivia's PbEM, and might I say "I was the original female halfling thief." However, her past is a bit mysterious right now...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  23:01:12  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pah Shadowlord! I wanted to make a halfling rogue before you even started to think about hairy feet!

And I bet your story isn't as mysterious as the one I have cooked up for Dalabrac, and I bet his feet has a lot more hair on them than your halfling! There, I said it, so hah!

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  23:05:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's because Shadowlord's character doesn't want to look like she has the feet of some unwashed male, so she prefers to keep hers trimmed and brushed.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  23:09:43  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol

Errmm well...

I bet... errrr

That my feet are much more hairy than Shadowlord's IRL then! Hah!



and my dad can beat up his dad, yeah it's true, you know it is.

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."

Edited by - Cherrn on 02 May 2004 23:11:17
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000