Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Developing the Moon Colonies/Cultures: GODS
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9752 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2020 :  16:57:49  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baltas

Shee focusing on Leira is actually fairly brilliant - Leira and Oghma were rivals in past (and giess they are again, after she revealed her survival)in the past, so it would make sense for Leira to a deity who also took interest in bards as Oghma's rival.

Taking Laduguer as Ellefolk-Brag primary worship deity is also an idea I quite like - with Brag I think focusing on Laduguer aspects as "The Gray Protector" and "Master of Crafts".

Muryan being worshiping Eilistraee is also a very good idea, and i wonder if in distant past, the Eilistraee wasn't connected to the Muryans ancestors before in times before Araushnee's rebellion.

Ok, good, the idea of Laduguer hit me... but I wasn't sure that anyone else would like it. It really hit me though when I pictured the brag as taking someone's shadow to make a changeling carpenter who works all day. This is an act which THEY don't see as evil (they see it as improving the person by helping them focus better), but others definitely DO see as evil, but it fits the same ideals as them taking slaves without actually doing so.

The idea here is that I want these ellefolk to not be a goody goody society, but I also don't want them as the epitome of evil either. Throwing in the idea that other societies might literally want to bleed them in order to push off the effects of curses makes them skeptical of outsiders too. If we want a society of shining good, we have those on Toril's surface, and we have societies that are dark as hell. Shades of grey that are well developed though are priceless. This kind of roleplay isn't for everyone though, but then they don't need to come to this section.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
797 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2020 :  18:11:49  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also think Eshebala could have a presence on Selune, taking notice of it, feeling vengeful about her Foxwomen being released from her corrupting, personality changing influence, them being "stolen away" from her.

Although I think she could be more of a devil figure, being mythologized as Selune's malicious daughter, and evil sister to Leira (not that she really would be, but overtime, she would be seen as such), using illusions in malicious manner, rather Leira's (chaotic) neutral/amoral stance. I suggest so, due to Eshebala being also connected to illusions to a degree, and also being noted to be elven and fey among the Therianthrope Pantheon, and would tempt to evil therianthopes in control, as well as Ellefolk, or even humans and elves,

Edited by - Baltas on 30 Jun 2020 18:16:03
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000