Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Rhymanthiin Returned
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2020 :  20:26:53  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Yeah, that's a positive and creative mindset; I wasn't arguing against trying to turn the Spellplague stuff into something that can work in your game (and Ao's wanting to move gods between Abeir and Toril is interesting, though I'm having troubles figuring out why he would want to do it in such a destructive way).

Personally, on that last part, I'm a BIG proponent of Ao is a liar. He's not as powerful as he lets on or as people believe. He can't just "snap his fingers" and things happen. He has to make them happen, and sometimes they don't exactly happen the way he figured they would. He also probably has less power over the "primordials" than he does the "gods". So, when he sends a few dozen gods over to Abeir, along with the mortals that they'll need for worship energy..... its kind of like someone playing a game of "Warcraft" who spawns up a bunch of high powered creatures and a lot of "support minions" and then just hurls that "horde" at the enemy and hopes it will wean them down a bit.... then he turns back to doing his build up again and not paying attention to exactly how some of those live and/or die.

So, in essence, why did Ao twin the worlds? Because he wanted one world that he could put under his thumb (Toril) with his gods, and another that held those beings that were a problem for him. Then he setup a bulwark of sorts between him and them, and slowly began marshalling forces. I suspect too that this isn't truly the first time lands have transferred back and forth, though a lot of those transferred lands may have been separated from Faerun proper.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2020 :  20:43:22  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's actually some neat suggestion, and intuitive too. Thanks for sharing.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2020 :  21:39:10  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

That's actually some neat suggestion, and intuitive too. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback. A lot of times its people coming back and saying "I don't get why X would happen" that makes me think things through. It was actually Wooly saying repeatedly that he didn't get why Ao would want Leira to fake her death that made me think through some of these shenanigans actually. A lot of this is just fun to conjecture when I'm sitting around waiting in a waiting room, etc... and then an idea hits me, and I just start trying to put pieces together. The other day, I was stuck in an MRI machine for an hour (yay, no brain aneurysm) and my mind was just buzzing away with stories that you'll see in another thread for some NPC's from the moon.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000