Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 5 points if you finish this song
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2020 :  17:32:21  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
IF you are remotely musically inclined and wouldn't mind helping me, I have a rather strange request. Its probably best if I give the climate. I'm looking for some help to create a song, and I basically have the refrains written. Some notes:

1) Magic can recreate music that we normally have to do with electronics. This song would be in a club in a colony devoted to illusionists heavily, but other mages as well. The idea behind the song is that it should have unusual beeps and dings which we might equate to "midi" or "techno" music nowadays (if I'm using the wrong terms, please forgive... again, I'm music illiterate)

2) The song is meant to revolve around Zulkir Mythrell'aa, and its to be played in a "Lady's Club" that she frequents in her own land. She knows the owner (and is rumored to have once had a fling with him long ago), and whenever she visits there she's known to "go overboard" and let loose. Its one of her few times that she lets go, and her people appreciate seeing her having fun instead of being as serious as she often is.

3) The place is called "The Pleasure Palace of the Prancing Pegacorn". Its owner is a werepegacorn (making up his backstory now, and will be referencing some stuff in the past that me and AJA worked with about werepegasi). I haven't even named the guy yet truthfully, so I'd love a good name (last name will likely be Roaringhorn). I'm picturing tall, tanned, clean shaven face, hairy arms/chest, long black hair with a white stripe, and violet eyes.

4) During the song, the place will have exotic male dancers for the female clientele. Its fashionable in this club for women to wear al-mi'raj horns on their heads like unicorn horns (a traditional stolen from a Waterdeep shop that "mimicked" the high fashion of the lady of Silverymoon). They'll alos be drinking shots from hollowed al-mi'raj horns that have been coated in a thin layer of glassteel resin to harden them (its the glassteel that "failed" to pass the test, so they use it for other purposes rather than waste it). As to what the men and women are doing, you've all seen the clubs. I shouldn't have to delve further.

5) The refrains are

"<insert several lines of song>

Party
Party
Party like a Zulkir

<insert several lines of song>

You can Party like a Zulkir
a Zulkir

Party
Party
Party like a Zulkir

You can Party like a Zulkir
a Zulkir"

Meanwhile throughout the song would be a repeating techno rhythm, and the singer's voice may sound a little mechanized via some magic microphone.

Now, don't get me wrong... I don't encourage this atmosphere anywhere else in the realms. However, I picture this isolated enclave having developed some focus on entertainment that might mirror some of today's society. It would be there for shock value for player's coming from somewhere else to go WTF is this.... Also, if I ever use this, it will be to entertain my fiancé and one of my player's wives who also plays with us. I think they'd get a hoot out of it.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000