Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Royal House of Myrmoran
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2020 :  23:17:20  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there something resembling a complete royal lineage for the Royal House of Myrmoran?

I have:
Uth I (Uthtower)
Ornoth I (Uthtower)
Uth II (Uthtower) / Ornoth II (Yarlith)
... Approx 340 years unknown
Uth VII (Uthtower)

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2020 :  02:42:47  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure, but they are all Uths. Not very exciting.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2020 :  15:47:00  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those are some long lived Uths. Uths 3 thru 7 would have had an average reign of almost 70 years and assuming each wasn't born immediately before their long lived father's death they probably had an average lifespan quite a bit over those 70 years.

I also doubt the Yarlith branch we're all Uths as well. The numbering scheme would have been quite confusing.

Edited by - perlmugp on 09 May 2020 15:48:38
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2020 :  16:31:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Uth" sounds like someone asked the mother what the name of the baby would be -- while she was in labor.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2020 :  16:59:01  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

"Uth" sounds like someone asked the mother what the name of the baby would be -- while she was in labor.

Or, someone had a cut on their tongue and was trying to say "us".

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2020 :  12:37:47  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uth V was a wizard and known as "the Slumbering King" as he would spend significant amounts of time in stasis to avoid the effects of aging. He reigned from 349 DR to 543 DR. He was also regent for the adolescent King Ramorth III of Yarlith from 390 DR to 398 DR.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 12 May 2020 12:38:55
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2020 :  20:34:56  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks this is great. Now the question is who was the power behind the throne while the king was slumbering.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2020 :  22:46:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Uth V was a wizard and known as "the Slumbering King" as he would spend significant amounts of time in stasis to avoid the effects of aging. He reigned from 349 DR to 543 DR. He was also regent for the adolescent King Ramorth III of Yarlith from 390 DR to 398 DR.

-- George Krashos

He must have had a number of regents, himself, if he was taking decade-long naps during his reign.

Can you imagine being a new servant in that palace? "Now this is the king, here. Don't try to wake him up, but make sure he gets dusted every week. He once woke up with a spider web on his nose and was very cross!"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2020 :  08:24:27  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When Uth V was slumbering, the realm was ruled by a council of noble regents known as the Isandiani (or Lord Vassals in the Illuksan tongue).

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2020 :  20:12:27  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

I was just reading Dungeon magazine numbers 69 - 73 yesterday. Was the reference to Uth V and the Isandiani in there and I may have overlooked it, or in some other tomes? That is really interesting!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2020 :  01:27:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Krashos,

I was just reading Dungeon magazine numbers 69 - 73 yesterday. Was the reference to Uth V and the Isandiani in there and I may have overlooked it, or in some other tomes? That is really interesting!

Best regards,

No, that lore comes from private work (for now) that Eric Boyd and I (and others) are doing on the North. It's "Fanon" so feel free to ignore it.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2020 :  01:40:52  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

Oh, I am more than happy to take your work as effectively canon. I think you have the background enough to make that more than reasonable! I was just absolutely lost in trying to find it.

Alas...I didn't search your personal documents to find it. haha

Thank you for that! Is that something you are considering on putting more information out about in the future?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2020 :  10:00:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Krashos,

Oh, I am more than happy to take your work as effectively canon. I think you have the background enough to make that more than reasonable! I was just absolutely lost in trying to find it.

Alas...I didn't search your personal documents to find it. haha

Thank you for that! Is that something you are considering on putting more information out about in the future?

Best regards,

About Uthtower? Unlikely, Small realm that fell some 800 years ago and wasn't famous for anything other than playing a role in the fall of Phalorm. Can't see it adds all that much to the Realms historical firmament. We've mapped out its royal lineage and that of Yarlith too. Anyone want more, they can have fun and make it ups themselves.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2020 :  21:55:00  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

Fair enough. :)

I just never assume what is out there and available, especially with some of the more prolific realms writers of lore such as yourself who are well known for putting that fantastic lore out there for public consumption! :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000