Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dwarven views on nudity
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rantfiend
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  09:12:15  Show Profile Send Rantfiend a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
As it says on the tin, what views do Dwarves have on nonsexual nudity? Does it differ between the different groups? (i.e. shield, gold, ect.)

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  11:13:22  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It depends on several factors such as what bushes are they hiding behind to peep and how much foliage are on such bushes to prevent good viewing . It does differ between the different age groups, because the older dwarves eyes are not as good, so a lot of what they're doing is imagining. Different groups also react differently, for instance, on group of hill dwarves is known for exclaiming "Hi Ho" in a high pitched voice whenever they are particularly excited.

Thank you, Thank you very much, I'll be here all week!

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  14:58:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarves barely even notice nudity -- their beards cover up everything, either way!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  18:46:02  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Rantfiend,

I believe this is what you are looking for from Ed. It doesn't seem by my look that he differentiates between the ethnicities of Dwarves, but it this is at least a good start:

https://www.sageadvice.eu/2019/12/23/aside-from-the-followers-of-eilistraee-are-there-any-groups-sects-in-the-forgotten-realms-that-practice-non-sexual-nudity/

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

lookatroopa
Acolyte

Netherlands
38 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  18:51:31  Show Profile Send lookatroopa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure about any widely held attitudes concerning dwarven nudity, but the seafaring Madbeards of the tides northwest of Ruathym (formerly the dwarves of Haunghdannar) seem to eschew clothing, as well as beard-trimming (see: pages 58 and 63 of FR11: Dwarves Deep).

Edited by - lookatroopa on 27 Mar 2020 18:52:46
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  20:26:53  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Better than those waify elves drinking their soy lattes with avocado toast. And don’t even get me started with halflings. There are entire websites dedicated to those folks.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 27 Mar 2020 20:27:58
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  21:14:16  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarves call nudity "bathing." (The wind's blowing off the dirt!)
Elves call nudity "formal wear."
Halfings view nudity as annoying. (Where are the pockets?)
There are no such thing as gnomes.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 27 Mar 2020 21:52:13
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  21:25:10  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

You are a man after my own heart.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  22:56:15  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker lookatroopa,

Great find. Thanks for sharing that!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2020 :  12:24:54  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Dwarves call nudity "bathing." (The wind's blowing off the dirt!)
Elves call nudity "formal wear."
Halfings view nudity as annoying. (Where are the pockets?)

OMG, you just made me laugh

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000