Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms Carpet?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2020 :  20:55:49  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
<link removed>

My birthday is coming up if anyone is interested. ;-)

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 05 Feb 2020 00:50:49

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2020 :  21:18:39  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love it and would buy 2 if my wife would let me.

However, it's not totally clear to me they have the legal right to create the product. Or how to validate that they do.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2020 :  21:21:19  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

However, it's not totally clear to me they have the legal right to create the product. Or how to validate that they do.

Then perhaps I should delete this thread. I’m sorry, I didn’t think of that.

Darn I want it though lol

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2020 :  00:26:17  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

quote:

Possible work around... if I'm wrong, I'm open to correction. I know Mike Schley sells the digital file of that map for about ten bucks on his website, and gives permission for you to have it printed for personal use. Buy the digital file, find a vendor that will print it on a rug for you. I know a couple people have had the map printed on tablecloths, vinyl banners, etc after buying his map. That doesn't fix *this* website's questionable authority, but you might be able to get what you want with proper permissions that way?

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2020 :  00:52:16  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

quote:

Possible work around... if I'm wrong, I'm open to correction. I know Mike Schley sells the digital file of that map for about ten bucks on his website, and gives permission for you to have it printed for personal use. Buy the digital file, find a vendor that will print it on a rug for you. I know a couple people have had the map printed on tablecloths, vinyl banners, etc after buying his map. That doesn't fix *this* website's questionable authority, but you might be able to get what you want with proper permissions that way?

That’s a good idea. I think it’s a lot less immoral to have things made for yourself and for personal use than purchasing it off of a location that is questionable. I’ve removed the link

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000