Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Erevis Cale and Kessen-Rel?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

685 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2020 :  20:06:29  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So Erevis Cale, Rivalen Tanthul and Drasek Riven each took a shard of power from the god Mask to defeat Volumvax/ Kessen Rel, correct? You must have some mighty stats to take on a demi-god. What about Magadon? A Psychic Psionic so powerful that he can move a Shadovar Enclave by himself against the Mythallar's will?

So tell me if I'm close...

Rivalen Tanthul: CR 37; Shade Shadovar Wizard 11/ Shadow Adept 7/ Cleric 15 of Shar.

Erevis Cale: CR 29; Shade human Rogue 5/ Assassin 5/ Cleric 15 of Mask.

Drasek Riven: CR 25; Fighter 10/ Assassin 10/ Divine Champion 5 of Mask.

I'm not good at stats for Psionics like Magadon.

Anyone want to contribute?

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2020 :  07:12:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's always challenging and not altogether productive to give fiction antagonists game stats.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

redking
Seeker

61 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2020 :  13:57:20  Show Profile Send redking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think it's always challenging and not altogether productive to give fiction antagonists game stats.

LOL. I'm the guy that started a thread called 3.5 - changing stat blocks for narrative accuracy.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21476

For what its worth, I suggested this change to Rivalens classes.

Wizard 5, Cleric 5, Shadow Adept 10 (5 levels into wizard spell progression, 5 levels into cleric spell progression split), Mystic Theurge 10, Archmage 3

Edited by - redking on 19 Jan 2020 13:58:43
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
32829 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2020 :  13:57:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Agreed. Part of the problem is that the fictional characters are often given abilities, tools, and options that the plot and their backstory require. If you're telling a story, the plot is what matters -- not some rulebook that's going to be invalidated in a few years.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of the published characters of the Realms began as a concept specifically for their first fictional appearance, and not as a playable character.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

redking
Seeker

61 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2020 :  14:05:32  Show Profile Send redking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm willing to bet that the majority of the published characters of the Realms began as a concept specifically for their first fictional appearance, and not as a playable character.

I am also the guy that sent a Direct Message to Wooly Rupert asking for stats for one of his fictional characters ;(
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
32829 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2020 :  21:23:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by redking

quote:

I am also the guy that sent a Direct Message to Wooly Rupert asking for stats for one of his fictional characters ;(

Heh, I'd forgotten about that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2382 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2020 :  04:14:06  Show Profile  Send CorellonsDevout an AOL message Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to agree that you can't always apply game stats to fictional characters (even if they're written in a game setting).

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

554 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2020 :  15:29:15  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kesson had official stats in a splatbook. IIRC he was a low epic with divine rank 0

Edit: Faiths&Pantheons, page 173.

half-fiend shade, Clr7/Sha8/Dis5 of Shar, DvR 0

Edited by - Mirtek on 13 Feb 2020 18:26:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000