Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 L1: The Secret of Bone Hill
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2020 :  03:55:20  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I’m thinking about where this old Greyhawk module might fit well in the Forgotten Realms.

My first thought is either Orlumbor or Mintarn. What do you all think?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2020 :  04:27:45  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since our group started in Proskur, we ran that module at the mouth of the Tun river where it empties into the Lake of Dragons. The name of the town was changed to Tunford to accommodate the change.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2020 :  05:21:47  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did your group go through L2 as well?

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2020 :  16:11:39  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, we didn't have that one. We started next on the Slave Lords series with A1 in Ilipur. The A series later lead to the G, D, and Q modules. Q had to be modified the most since there is no way a group was going to be able to take out Lloth the way it was set up in the module so they didn't actually fight her. They just stopped her plan from becoming a greater god at that time (Lloth, by way of the Drow, was collecting slaves on several worlds to be used in a mass sacrifice and get her "over the hump" into greater godhood). That drew Lloth's wrath so since it happened on the 14th of the month, for several years there were events on the 14th of every month that she inspired (attacks by various spider creatures, framings for murders/thefts, etc.) It only stopped when she needed to focus her attention on the next iteration of her plan and the group found the werespider that was coordinating the activities against them.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2020 :  01:59:02  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just can't tell if Mintarn or Orlumbor are too small because I plan to run both L1 and later L2.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2020 :  02:26:12  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I integrated L1: Secret of Bone Hill into FRC1: Ruins of Adventure (Pool of Radiance) ... Bone Hill became part of Valhingen Graveyard.

It seemed a good fit because all that fishing stuff was at the edge of the Moonsea. And the presence of many (far too many) monster populations could be explained by the events occurring in Phlan. Plus I always liked mixing some random "sidequest" adventures/complications into the main campaign arc, give the players lots of stuff to do.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2020 :  09:00:57  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FWIW, there was an L3 released as well: L3 - Deep Dwarven Delve. I think it was included in some other boxed set (maybe silver boxed set)?

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2020 :  16:25:45  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DriveThruRPG has this on it:
"L3: "Deep Dwarven Delve" (1999) is the third adventure in Len Lakofka's Lendore Isle trilogy. It was also the final official adventure for first edition AD&D, released a decade after the line ended. It was published in August 1999 as part of the Silver Anniversary Collector's Edition Boxed Set."

Eric has a mind like a steel...um, steel....um, steel....box! Yeah, a mind like a steel box.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2020 :  16:28:00  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

DriveThruRPG has this on it:
"L3: "Deep Dwarven Delve" (1999) is the third adventure in Len Lakofka's Lendore Isle trilogy. It was also the final official adventure for first edition AD&D, released a decade after the line ended. It was published in August 1999 as part of the Silver Anniversary Collector's Edition Boxed Set."

Eric has a mind like a steel...um, steel....um, steel....box! Yeah, a mind like a steel box.

I was going to go with "steel anchor."

Also, I was not reviewing that adventure. Just pointing out it exists. There may be a non-Wizards published L4 floating around the net as well.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2020 :  18:45:34  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is indeed an L4

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000