Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Treasure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

St3v3nMC198666
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2020 :  17:55:25  Show Profile Send St3v3nMC198666 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello,

Since my child-hood I have been intrigued by Dungeons & Dragons as a games & theory enthusiast I am sure you can make the connection as to why considering combat is the antithesis of lethality hence success at all for instance. That being said I wish to bring to the world every single module Dungeons & Dragons has produced thus far my debut being Baldur's Gate in it's entirety. The question I have for you is if you feel it should be based on the novels or should we decide on a character thus saluting the spirit of the game/puzzle put simply. I wish to pay homage to any & all survivors out there artists or not which Abdel Adrian does any-thing but...............where-as (considering what has been done with the code-kids at the wheel out there so far....) implementing a character we agree on it will be a proper mode of engagement not still another execution malfunction of self knowingly or not as the display. Personally I am DONE with the snark-anthem suffice to say & am quite inspired to put it on the big-screen.

I also wish to expand on the history that is Balduran too among other things. The time & life of Bodhi as well as Jon prior to their choosing fear in-stead of wisdom for example. Dragon-lance (--_--) will be in the mix too shortly after the debut &...................I eagerly await your response.

Sincerely,

Steven Michael Cunningham

< ( _ + * = _ + * ) >

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6354 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2020 :  17:59:51  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to say, I have absolutely no idea what the first paragraph was about.

Love Baldurs Gate as a computer game. Even as a theoretical module Baldurs Gate I would be a great source (lots of lore and intrigue and not too much God nonsense). But as a novel I've heard nothing but bad things about it, and the FR novels as a whole are not of great quality to start with. Abdel Adrian in particular gets a lot of bad press, so he's a character I could (and do) ignore.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2020 :  21:44:44  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry,your language seems confusing to me, as well.

Do you want to write an adventure for your own gaming group? If so, then good luck and enjoy. You can strictly adhere to published canon or you can modify the setting and characters any way you like. Beware that canon itself is not very consistent and is always changing because the Forgotten Realms are a collaboration from many authors over many years.

Or do you want to write a game sourcebook, write a novel, make a video game, or make a fan movie? If so, then it's wise to first consult Wizards of the Coast (a subsidiary of Hasbro) - because they're the legal "owners" of the Forgotten Realms and of the D&D brands. Their open licenses do permit fanmade publishing within defined limits but they tend to be very territorial when they perceive trespassers on "their" property.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000