Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Circa -30,000 DR. (with help from LoB}
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  21:15:45  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

No I agree. You both misunderstand me. I never said she was a war goddess ever. Just that she was portrayed as a warrior in melee combat. Even a wizard can use a blade. lol.

In that case, we might have talked past each other. My whole point was that she can definitely fight with a blade--and very well--but she's an artist and a nurturer before she's a warrior.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2020 :  18:01:59  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Evermeet: Island of Elves, she was first in the trees shooting evil gods with her bow before she was forced into melee combat. I just picked up the storyline from Erevan's point of view.

This is still a work in progress.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2020 :  18:18:57  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Evermeet she first appears playing the flute, dancing and then going on a hunt, but you're of course right that we also see her fighting during the battle for Arvandor.

A I said in my very first post, what you do in your story is perfectly right for Eilistraee's charater--she is known to go wild when her people are harmed. My point wasn't a criticism towards your story (in fact, I explicitly say this in my other replies) but a comment on the statement that was made here that Eilistraee is a war-related goddess.

So, in TL; DR, what you had Eilistraee do in your story (i.e. fighting in melee to protect her people in Arvandor) is something she'd totally do; I was just explaining why the main trait of her charater isn't that of a warrior goddess.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2020 :  18:53:38  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

In Evermeet she first appears playing the flute, dancing and then going on a hunt, but you're of course right that we also see her fighting during the battle for Arvandor.

A I said in my very first post, what you do in your story is perfectly right for Eilistraee's charater--she is known to go wild when her people are harmed. My point wasn't a criticism towards your story (in fact, I explicitly say this in my other replies) but a comment on the statement that was made here that Eilistraee is a war-related goddess.

So, in TL; DR, what you had Eilistraee do in your story (i.e. fighting in melee to protect her people in Arvandor) is something she'd totally do; I was just explaining why the main trait of her charater isn't that of a warrior goddess.

Agreed and understood. :)
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  20:19:03  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"There are thousands of celestials Erevan." laughed Vergadain.

Just then a silent pop resounded in all their minds as Garl Glittergold appeared in a multi-coloured flash of power that popped all the ears of the gathered deities.

Garl stepped forth in front of Erevan and stood before him with his hands on his hips. "Why do you only call on me when you need something Trickster?"

"You are key to my plan Garl." said Erevan as he finished the contents of his ever-full goblet. "You are the most powerful deity here, and us Seldarine can use your help."

"Bah, you'll live even if your pantheon dies Erevan." said the powerful god of the Gnomes. "Why do you even care?".

"I, we... all us gathered can end this war now, and expose the traitors to all in one fell move." said Erevan with a dire tone in his flippant voice.

"I am done with your trickery Erevan." quipped Garl.

"I've never been more serious Garl." retorted Erevan.

"We rush Malkizid and his celestial entourage, expose Aurashnee and capture them if possible." Said The elven Trickster as he pointed his shortsword out into the crimson light of the battlefield.

"You're a fool and a dolt if ye think we can bring 'em down ourselves." said Vergadain with sudden seriousness.

"Agreed Coinmaster" laughed Erevan Ilesere. "I'm possibly both and much more, but we need to try or this war will rage for millenia across the multiverse."

"Forward to a quick death then?" said the Quickling god called Serendipity.

"only if you advance towards death as fast as you can my friend." quipped Erevan in jest. "I'm sure that out of all of us here gathered, you'll be the quickest to meet their doom. You're the fastest among us after all."

Erevan Ilesere couldn't suppress a chuckle as he said this. He knew quite well that this Quickling god was nothing like his evil kin.

"So shall we do this then?" Erevan Ilesere disappeared in a flash of blinding motes of light.

"And so it happens" quipped Brandobaris.

All the demi-human deities left the campsite and teleported towards Malkizid and his celestial entourage. The fate of the war was upon them all as they left one by one.

First to arrive was Baravar Cloakshadow, and he stood before the Pale King with a sour look on his face. Baravar was surrounded by dozens of powerful celestials. Next came Brandobaris in a puff of silent smoke that no celestial seemed to notice. After him came Jaxipuf the Quickling god whom circled the entourage 3 times before reporting to Baravar. Next came Garl Glittergold in a frenzy of chaos and deception that left the celestial minions confused.

Right after Garl, came Vegadain in a shower of platinum coins that clattered onto the ground, each coin turning into a image of the god and attacking the celestials in Malkizids service.

Before the Celestials knew what was happening, a gate appeared before the Pale King and out burst Hyrsam and his fellow Fey Lords, slashing and butting and kicking and killing in a chaotic frenzy that kept the beat to the floating Lyre of Hyrsam.

Distracted, Malkizid and his celestial entourage wondered what was happening. This was far from the plan the Dark elf queen had planned.
Before he could contemplate the matter, the Fey Lord Hyrsam and his followers descended upon their ranks in melee and spell combat.

Malkizid slew 10 pixies in one foul swoop as he waved his hand and brought death in a stunning display of power. Hyrsam himself was blown back a hundred yards by the sheer force of the spell.

Brandobaris cast a quick spell that locked him in a temporary cage as he sneak attacked him repeatedly until The Pale King fell down into his pseudo-prison and fell on his knees.

Squelaiche then appeared in a burst of green light and touched Malkizid on the hip, unleashing a paralyzing status that grounded the powerful Solar in place. Dozens of celestials turned angry eyes towards the god of Leprechauns, trickery and illusions. He was a marked god as far as the lawful beings were concerned.

Squelaiche was suddenly helped by Nathair Sgiathach... The Faerie Dragon god of mischief clashed a sonic boom towards Malkizid and summoned his followers towards him as a threat. Projecting a 12 foot tall purple elf to dissuade the minions of Malkizid the Pale KIng.

Then, out of thin air pounced Erevan Ilesere on to the back of Malkizid

Edited by - Copper Elven Vampire on 25 Mar 2020 03:00:30
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2020 :  07:05:13  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There you have it in a nutt shell
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2020 :  12:35:36  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why are so many of them gathering to handle an upstart solar literally any of them could kill with a stray sneeze.

And holy crap, that's an absolutely terrible thing for the cheerful, easy-going, Lawful Good god of gnomes to say.

Seriously, a lot of this seems bizarre, and really poorly written. Is Malkizid just standing there while they talk? Add with the odd use of game terminology and I can't tell what's going on. Why are celestials helping Malkizid in attacking a bunch of benign deities? Lawful celestials at that?

It's really shoddily written and vaguely described.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2020 :  05:59:57  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Why are so many of them gathering to handle an upstart solar literally any of them could kill with a stray sneeze.

And holy crap, that's an absolutely terrible thing for the cheerful, easy-going, Lawful Good god of gnomes to say.

Seriously, a lot of this seems bizarre, and really poorly written. Is Malkizid just standing there while they talk? Add with the odd use of game terminology and I can't tell what's going on. Why are celestials helping Malkizid in attacking a bunch of benign deities? Lawful celestials at that?

First of all... Malkizid is much more powerful than you think to seem. And his entourage of celestials are just as duped as the elven gods.

Secondly... Garl is a Greater Trickster deity... he can do or say or act as he sees fit. More powerful than Erevan Ilesere in spells and combat. He is not impervious to terrible thoughts and deeds, let alone vocally saying them. So yes, he can say that without hate-mail streaming in. lol.

Poorly written? Wow. You are truly a jerk. I pour my heart and soul into my writings. Sorry if my style is beyond you.

No you dolt... Malkizid is taking orders from Araushnee herself. He is aware of his own betrayal. Malkizid was never good at taking orders from anyone, hence his exile as a Demon-Lord in the Abyss once he was thrown down.

The burning hate that Makizid has for the elves is from the ancient battle that took him down during this legendary war. The hate of Araushnee and what later became The Spider Queen was just the beginning of his lust for power against the elven race in general.

Did Malkizid stand idly by? No... he helped Araushnee slay thousands of elves in Arvandor, thinking them enemies of the Anti-Seldarine hoard.

He was duped and bested by a Lesser goddess at the time.

Even though now Araushnee is The Spider Queen of The Demon Web Pitts in the abyss, Malkizid has no place in her army.

He was thrown down to the abyss, like Araushnee, only to rise as a Demon-Lord, marked forever with a curse by Corellon Larethian that bleeds from his forehead eternally. Malkizid was soon exiled from the Abyss by Demon Lords of greater power and with might and mastery he swam the River Styx looking for a realm to build. His guile founded a realm in Gehenna known as "The Bleeding Tower." A palace full of Barghests of all ranks, including demons and yugoloths and a few stray devils for measure.

Malkizid is a Demon-Lord for all intents and purposes. Standing at 15' feet tall, he controls the 22'nd layer of the Abyss with sheer power and hate. A fallen angel supreme, he has lost his feathered wings which were reduced to a crispy charred extension of his eternal hate for the Seldarine during the ancient wars.

It is rumored that Malkizid is in cohorts with The Queen of Air and Darkness amongst the Unseelie court. Legend says that he is the General of the Unseelie army as of 1495 DR.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2020 :  16:14:18  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Malkizid is an upjumped solar with delusions of adequacy, squatting in Gehenna and praying that someone of real power doesn't come by to kick his teeth in.

Second, Garl being a greater deity doesn't mean that Garl acts like a prick. He's an easy-going deity aligned with good, not Loki.

And yes, frankly, your work is poorly written. Malkizid is literally standing there while his enemies argue. The Queen of Air and Darkness pulls a Dr Claw (and she's in agonizing pain while snickering? What?)

" Just then Malar pounced on Solonor Thelandiira with a fury so legendary that Eilistraee yelled out for help"

This sentence is just comical.

Malar: ME ANGRY. ME KILL PUNY ELF!
Eilistraee: OH EM GEE! HELP! HELP!

Literal murder god of darkness goes into melee combat and gets outmurdered by Erevan. Literal murder god of darkness should be nowhere near melee combat.

Intermediate god and intermediate god not simply suckerpunching silly demigoddess. Silly demigoddess needed to plan a thousand years and sneak up on Orcus on his Worst Day Ever just to score a win.

What is Semuanya doing there? Semuanya quite literally doesn't care about some uppity warmblood gods killing each other.
Go to Top of Page

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2020 :  17:27:51  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it. I think it's well written and fun to read. I will PM you CEV to give a few suggestions if that is ok.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000