Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Making an FR Christmas Ornament
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2019 :  02:15:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, I'm taking down the tree, and I'm also showing the girlfriend the two minis I had 3d printed of a mouse folk riding an al-mi'raj. She says, "man they're lighter than our ornaments". So, that got my mind to thinking.... I've always loved the order of the stick ornaments I get every year, but wouldn't it be awesome to have a Forgotten Realms Ornament? One that you paint yourself and is actually Christmassy.

So, my first thoughts are of Santa with a sleigh with a couple elves and gnomes, with the sleigh being pulled by a mixture of Hybsil and/or shatjan. Then of course, I'm like "that's stupid, it should just be reindeer". But then it occurred to me, what if at the front of it it was "Lurue" leading the way (of course, how do you really make it known its Lurue and not just a unicorn). Then the mind goes to pegacorns….. no... it should be reindeer.

Then of course, there's got to be something ATTACKING Santa and his sleigh of elves, gnomes, and toys. What would make a good "Santa's enemy" for FR?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2019 :  02:22:42  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Auril for sure

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2019 :  02:58:30  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eliminster in a sleigh! Knowing him he’s have the Seven Sisters pulling it...

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2019 :  02:59:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once, as a joke, I grabbed CallMeGene's mini of Drizzt, used his crossed scimitars to hold the hook, and hung that mini from his tree.

I do have plenty of geeky stuff on my tree, but nothing FR-related.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2019 :  13:10:41  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, overnight I kind of got consumed with the idea (as I do). I decided that maybe not trying to make a scene, but maybe making one of the symbols of FR as a Christmas ornament would be best (and possibly easier for someone of my skill level). My first thoughts went to holy symbols, and I'd personally LOVE to make one of Selune's holy symbols as a flat ornament with the symbol on both sides. But then I thought there's something that would be nearer and dearer to my heart. The symbol of Shadowdale…. the twisted tower of Ashaba, with its crescent moon behind it, horns facing upward on a flat but oval shape (instead of a square background. Then maybe curving around the bottom of it, the words "the twisted tower of Ashaba" in kind of small letters, and then in bigger letters the word "Shadowdale". Not sure if Blender has a way to type in 3d, but maybe. I may play with that in a bit if I can get away with it.

I was then playing with the idea of putting a generic wizard with a beard in a santa hat and a pipe off to the side, Storm on the other side in a Mrs. Claus outfit chopping wood, Sylune "painting" a wooden toy horse telekinetically, and Khelben … well... smiling.... while Laeral puts her head on his shoulder and smiles impishly.... and that's when I knew I was dreaming too much.

But if the previous idea works... Selune's symbol, maybe the symbol of Waterdeep, maybe the symbol of Mystra, maybe even the symbol of the red wizards (it would be relatively easy when I look at it) with a "jaunty" hanging Sant's hat on the top or something to make it more Christmasy. Maybe the symbol of the harpers. Any other things that don't sound hard?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 31 Dec 2019 13:18:25
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2376 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2019 :  16:15:39  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tarrasquemas?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000