Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Altumbel?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2019 :  19:00:30  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Did Altumbel flood in the Spellplague? It’s not pictured on any of the 4e maps, nor mentioned in the SCAG, and both editions mention human separatist sentiment in Aglarond, which seems to imply the folk of Altumbel integrated into the rest of the peninsula at some point.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.

The_Silversword
Seeker

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2019 :  10:18:56  Show Profile Send The_Silversword a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall, the rule for 4e was if they didnt specifically say something was destroyed or changed, then we should assume that its still there, so I'd say its still there, just considered to insignificant to make it on the Faerun map, but might be on regional maps of the area? I guess really you could go either way, they could still be there surviving the best they can post spellplague, or perhaps they were absorbed into Aglarond, which may cause some friction between the two? The area was known for pirate activity so maybe Aglarond got tired of dealing with pirates and wiped them out. There doesnt seem to be any concrete information one way or the other, so feel free to just make something up, thats the way I do it!

I survived the Spellplague and all I got was this stupid sig.
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2020 :  20:53:53  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Silversword

As I recall, the rule for 4e was if they didnt specifically say something was destroyed or changed, then we should assume that its still there, so I'd say its still there, just considered to insignificant to make it on the Faerun map, but might be on regional maps of the area? I guess really you could go either way, they could still be there surviving the best they can post spellplague, or perhaps they were absorbed into Aglarond, which may cause some friction between the two? The area was known for pirate activity so maybe Aglarond got tired of dealing with pirates and wiped them out. There doesnt seem to be any concrete information one way or the other, so feel free to just make something up, thats the way I do it!

Sorry for the late reply! I don’t mean to say the country isn’t on the map; I mean the peninsula that it’s on doesn’t seem to exist on the 4e map, which feels like a definite geographic change.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2020 :  21:53:00  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe keftiu,

Here is the map I am going off of:

https://frtheapocalypse.yolasite.com/fr-regions.php

Now, the site isn't canon, but the map is clearly a 4e spellplague wipe-out.

I looked on my 2nd Ed. Interactive Atlas, and compared land features and it was definitely wiped out based on the map.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

quote:
Originally posted by The_Silversword

Sorry for the late reply! I don’t mean to say the country isn’t on the map; I mean the peninsula that it’s on doesn’t seem to exist on the 4e map, which feels like a definite geographic change.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000