Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sarphil Clans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2019 :  03:41:14  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm looking for any and all references to the Dwarf Clans of Sarphil.

The Hillsafar Clan ended up in Vaasa...though Dwarves Deep says they are on the "other side of the Dragonspine Mountains" I'm pretty sure this is in error...and also the reason why there are said to be 16,000 dwarves in the Dragonspine Mountains today. It should have been that they were in the West Galena Mountains.

What other Clans were associated with Sarphil?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2019 :  11:28:21  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Given how many millennia passed since the fall of Sarphil until the first Realms date in published works, there would logically be descendants of any Sarphil clan that was not wiped out spread all over Faerun.

Compare the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem less than two thousand years ago and the spread of the descendants of kohanim with surnames like Cohen, Kohen, Kohner, Kahn, Katz, Kaplan, Rappaport and hundreds of others.

Basically, anywhere dwarves have lived in less than complete isolation for the past several thousands of years, there might be descendants of a Sarphil clan living there, having married into a local family or emigrated there wholesale.

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2019 :  14:37:48  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But are there any specifics on which clans were of an origin belonging to Sarphil?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2019 :  20:46:13  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

But are there any specifics on which clans were of an origin belonging to Sarphil?

No. FR11 is the only source with any details on Sarphil.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000