Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Dead Three are a fraud
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  23:25:09  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baltas

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Yeah, but I think we can all agree that when Amaunator secretly informed Thayd of the gate system, by using Jergal to speak through Nergal, that led to the world of the orcs that ultimately led to the death of two rival sun gods (Ra and Utu), he wasn't performing a good act. Of course, that's why Nergal was buried outside of their homeland, but then everyone knows that.

Wait what? Did that happen in canon, or some of the Forgotten Realms writers wrote about this? Or is this something from your campaign, a theory, or joke?

"That was absolutely 100% truth," says a hooded figure in the corner wearing a mirrored glassteel mask.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2019 :  03:42:21  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baltas

To be fair, Jergal having a "plan", which was implied in the History of the Dead Three in Faiths and Avatars, and outright stated in Eric L. Boyd's conversion of Age of Worms.

And one can see Jergal as non-evil, and still Lawful Neutral with his plan. All things, eventually end. Even universes, and multiverses, end, and Jergal would have doing his plan, to fulfill his role as "The Lord of the End of Everything".

There can be non-evil villains - Ygrol has a villainous role, and similar goals, especially in the Gord novel's, but he is is Chaotic Neutral.

Jergal was Lawful Evil during the age of ancient Netheril...

~Netheril, Empire of Magic (ADND)

Karsus' Folly might have been the proverbial "last straw" for Jergal - all that sudden extra work from so many people across Realmspace dying within a short period of time could have made him fed up with his job.

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2019 :  04:14:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero

Karsus' Folly might have been the proverbial "last straw" for Jergal - all that sudden extra work from so many people across Realmspace dying within a short period of time could have made him fed up with his job.

"Where the Hells did all of you people come from?!? I just had the floors polished, and now you're all dripping blood and bodily goo and magical liquids all over it..."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2019 :  04:15:11  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I QUIT! Lol, except he didn't actually quit.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000