Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Dead Three are a fraud
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2019 :  23:11:27  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is what I have to say after reading this:

https://twitter.com/TheEdVerse/status/1179564813615284224?s=19

quote:

Now, as for Bane, I can tell you this: as a mortal, he lived centuries ago, and upon his death his soul was snatched and stored by Jergal, who Had Plans for his own retirement, and was looking for certain qualities in a successor (in the case of Bane, a quenchless hunger to rule all, and be feared by all through the maliciousness and malevolent intentiveness of his rule). [So Bane died long before his ascension to godhood.]

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 03 Oct 2019 23:16:59

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2019 :  23:47:29  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, Leira actually hacked Ed's twitter account. Damn, that is one amazing goddess.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  00:13:36  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"Every man dies. Not every man truly lives."

(and then dies, and is then singled out and re-born and empowered with godhood because they're such a driven, unquenchable iron-fisted iron-spirited black-hearted powermongering tyrant that they've made the literal embodiment of the End of Everything swoon)

Fraud is not what I'd go for there, personally.

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  05:21:27  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:

Now, as for Bane, I can tell you this: as a mortal, he lived centuries ago, and upon his death his soul was snatched and stored by Jergal, who Had Plans for his own retirement, and was looking for certain qualities in a successor (in the case of Bane, a quenchless hunger to rule all, and be feared by all through the maliciousness and malevolent intentiveness of his rule). [So Bane died long before his ascension to godhood.]

No, I think the Two (Bhaal and Myrkul) were led along by the nose by Jergal (masquerading as Bane) who "gave up" various of his portfolios, and yet retained his divinity. More and more interesting.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  07:56:00  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is very interesting.

Everyone assumed the Dark Three were harvesting the lost gods for their own purposes (ascension) but in fact they were being directly manipulated by jergal to help him.

So what would jergal need with the energies of several powerful quasi deities

I suspect he was trapped following his ritual in ascore and that energy might have been used to release him. Does this mean that Bane was killed way before -339 DR or that he died around -339 DR trying to get into Ascore.

Perhaps the ascension of the dark three was a complete unintended side effect of jergal trying to escape his quasi divine existence

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  11:14:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:

No, I think the Two (Bhaal and Myrkul) were led along by the nose by Jergal (masquerading as Bane) who "gave up" various of his portfolios, and yet retained his divinity. More and more interesting.

-- George Krashos

My thinking is that Bane was reincarnated, perhaps with no memories of his prior life. Ed did recently say reincarnation was a thing in the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  14:31:58  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

Everyone assumed the Dark Three were harvesting the lost gods for their own purposes (ascension) but in fact they were being directly manipulated by jergal to help him.

I suspect he was trapped following his ritual in ascore and that energy might have been used to release him. Does this mean that Bane was killed way before -339 DR or that he died around -339 DR trying to get into Ascore.

Perhaps the ascension of the dark three was a complete unintended side effect of jergal trying to escape his quasi divine existence

Does Ed know about George's Jergal theory? It seems to me he doesn't and this is a hint of another version of this story...
For me Jergal's involvement in whole Dark Three before they even know it was clear long time ago - he handed them Jathiman dagger, he given them his portfolio willingly. Right after that boom - Netheril falls, Jhaamdath falls, Narfel and Raumathar falls - does anybody said Lord of End of Everything?
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  18:32:02  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wrigley

quote:

Does Ed know about George's Jergal theory? It seems to me he doesn't and this is a hint of another version of this story...
For me Jergal's involvement in whole Dark Three before they even know it was clear long time ago - he handed them Jathiman dagger, he given them his portfolio willingly. Right after that boom - Netheril falls, Jhaamdath falls, Narfel and Raumathar falls - does anybody said Lord of End of Everything?

There are two key villains in the history of the Realms that have shaped the fate of empires for thousands of years.

One of them is Jergal.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  18:46:13  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know why that does feel like a big spoiler, Eric. But thanks. I love spoilers sometimes.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  18:56:38  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have we encountered the second yet I wonder. Certainly someone or something brought low sharrven, delzoun, ammarindar, and a host of other northern empires, I don't think jergal did them all (he doesn't strike me as one to court with fiends)

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  20:08:22  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess is certain sarrukh guy who fancies himself an elf...

Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  21:25:02  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd
There are two key villains in the history of the Realms that have shaped the fate of empires for thousands of years.

One of them is Jergal.

Thank you for confirming it .-)
Let me guess, the other one is Moander?
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  21:38:44  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

One of them is Jergal.

Not Moander. Not the sarrukh guy. (He's a bit player.)

--
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  22:06:17  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it's someone who hates elves and dwarves and pretty much everything in the north. I'm pretty sure you and George have been keeping him a secret as a major baddie for a while but I'm blowed If I can figure out who it is.

Personally I'm hoping for a hint (not necessarily a big reveal as that spoils the fun of guessing) in the upcoming crown of eaerlann.

As a non God fan of big evils I'm hoping it's something like malkizid or araumycos or the mad vyshaan emperor, or some other really old and evil being that is not a God and so can be defeated.

Alternate Realms Site

Edited by - Gary Dallison on 04 Oct 2019 22:16:22
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  22:07:49  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As this will be my 500th post I will go big with it and post the whole theory of mine about the Dead Three.

Bane was orc chieftain in Vastar during time of their expansion (-700 DR) and lead victorious army to Vast. He was never a champion of Grumsh as he had too much of a arrogance in him and wanted it all for himself. At some point he found no more challenges as orc leader so he staged his disappearance to boost his status of legend among orcs. He later traveled around in search for some way to gain greater status and power.

This happened when he found Myrkul a netheriese necromant who was also dissatisfied with possibility of raising his status among other archmages of Netheril. He ordered his apprentice Saldrinar of Seven Spells to take Westgate to investigate rumors about dragon ritual place. There he found legends about seven lost gods and understood that this might be a way to godhood. He also understood he will not be able to do it alone so he allied with Bane and also with the third member.

Bhaal was a calimshan assassin who also got to the pinnacle of mortal power and was not satisfied with it so traveled far and found his way to Westgate.

I have no idea where they found a Jathiman dagger but it should be around Netheril as it came from there. With it and knowledge about seven lost gods they appeared to have all they needed to win. They were able to seize some divine spark each so the race was started and with their high ego's they did not wait long and headed for Jergal himself - the most powerful deity they known. Somehow they were able to make it to the throne knowing there is no way back from Fugue Plane. As we all know Jergal did give them his powers and they reigned for thousand years.
But even such power were not enough for them and they decided to play for more. Each made some precautions to secure their existence in case it goes south. Then they stole Tablets of Fate in attempt to break the rules that limited their rise to superpowers and somehow Ao took it personaly...

What they did not know was Jergal was not weary of his job but knew he would loose much of his power once his reign as Dusk lord will end. For that reason he decided to give almost all his power away so Lathander will have nothing to take from and he hoped there will be no more dawns. His plan almost succeeded but Amaunator gave all his power to Lathander to save the cycle and vanished. This also lead Lathander to stop spread of evil churches around Vilholn Reach in a great show of power once he took the banner of Sun. This was called Procession of Justice and brought a great turmoil but also vanquished a lot of evil (I know it was Tyr). Jergal now waits for his next turn as he know power of Sun will come to him again and he prepares for some other plans to bring an end to the universe.

(I know about prince of Murghom theory but for me that was Velsharoon and another story...)
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  22:16:53  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

This almost seems like another confirmation :-))
If not Moander than there is a load of other "lesser" candidates but I will not push it. I will rather try to make three new mysteries for my realms to keep the Ed's formulae ;-)
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2019 :  02:59:39  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

One of them is Jergal.

"The other is Amaunator…. because everyone thinks he's good."

says a hooded figured with a mirrored glassteel mask over their face.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2019 :  03:53:30  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

One of them is Jergal.

The second one has to be a certain "Spider Goddess"

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2019 :  11:32:13  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Evil god gets tired of his job, gives it away to badass villains, and resigns" is vastly more interesting than yet another boring "HE WAS SECRETLY EVIL ALL ALONG, GUYS! WHAT A PLOT TWIST!"

Hell, you can even have Jergal try to oust Kelemvor and bring back Myrkul during the early days of his reign without compromising Jergal's current nature - Kelemvor's arbitrary 'reward good guys, punish bad guys' makes Jergal worry for the impartiality of the Throne of the Dead, while Myrkul for all his ambition did his job and kept Bone Castle tidy without pesky things like mortal morality mucking up the atmosphere.
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2019 :  12:42:25  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be fair, Jergal having a "plan", which was implied in the History of the Dead Three in Faiths and Avatars, and outright stated in Eric L. Boyd's conversion of Age of Worms.

And one can see Jergal as non-evil, and still Lawful Neutral with his plan. All things, eventually end. Even universes, and multiverses, end, and Jergal would have doing his plan, to fulfill his role as "The Lord of the End of Everything".

There can be non-evil villains - Ygrol has a villainous role, and similar goals, especially in the Gord novel's, but he is is Chaotic Neutral.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2019 :  14:50:05  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, here's my theory on changing the course of history in the Realms.

The gods, while powerful, rarely, if ever, change the course of history. (If they do change it, it's more while they are mortal than immortal that they have such an effect.) As immortals, gods are more the embodiment of certain aspects of life than active participants. In a sense, their portfolios cancel each other out, with localized exceptions, often solved by adventurers.

There are certainly powerful creatures, like Inferno, Larloch, or Aumvor the Undying, who can kill almost anyone they meet, but haven't chosen to dramatically change the course of history.

There are individuals, like Shoon VII, who acquire power and build empires, but they do so at the head of a society that is ascendant. Likewise there are powerful empires that rise and fall, e.g. Shanatar, who fates are tied to the decisions of countless individuals.

There are individuals who show greatness at a point in time, thus changing the course in history. But their influence is more at a single point in history. (Frodo and Bilbo Baggins would be examples from LoTR.) The best example coming to mind in recent history is probably Alias, who stopped Moander's rampage.

Then there are individuals, who, over time, swing the course of history in major ways through honeyed words and influence. I would divide such individuals into three tiers.

Third Tier
=======
These are beings that seek to play such a role. They may dramatically alter the course of a kingdom's history or region's history, but not end the kingdom or culture altogether.

Soneillion is an example from the Third Tier. She's dramatically influencing the course of Impiltur's history, but she hasn't broken it yet. Likewise, she dramatically influenced the course of Chondath's history, but again, didn't quite break it.

Second Tier
=========
These are individuals who dramatically altered the fate of kingdoms or empires in a localized region.

Malkizid is an example of this tier. He corrupted House Dlardrageth, which in turn led to the the destruction of Siluvanede, Sharrven, and Eaerlann. He dramatically impact the history of part of the North, but his influence was largely constrained to that region.

Wendonai is also an example of this tier. He corrupted the Ilythiiri, which led to the creation of the drow, but the drow don't rule the whole Underdark, only pieces of it, and the Ilythiiri were simply responding to the madness of Clan Vyshaan of Aryvandaar.

The Terraseer is also an example of this tier. He played a major role in shaping the history of the Netherese, but didn't really cause their rise or fall.

First Tier
=======
The first tier includes individuals who have impact the course of history across much of Faerun. In my mind, there are really two events that qualify in the western half of Faerun.

The first qualifying event is the rise and fall of Netheril. What caused a small tribe of humans to rise up and become one of the most powerful empires in Faerun? Who was really behind their eventual fall? After its fall, the Netherese diaspora shaped the North, the western Heartlands, the Moonsea regions, and the Shining South. In my mind, the kickstarting and shaping of Netheril's arc can all be traced back to centuries of years of subtle influence by Jergal.

The second qualifying event is the shattering of the elven realms that rules much, if not all of western Faerun, during the Crown Wars. The root of all that chaos lies at the feet of Clan Vyshaan. The question is, why did Clan Vyshaan behave as they did. In my mind, the individual that shaped Clan Vyshaan is the unnamed other villain of western Faerun. Our theory on that villain is at the root of Crown of Eaerlann. And I think found we enough lore to lead to support the case.

Feel free to add your own nominations to the three tiers.

--

Edited by - ericlboyd on 05 Oct 2019 16:13:05
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2019 :  15:05:20  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's all very exciting. Cant wait for crown of eaerlann, even more after hearing about this new super villain. I added my own two or three villains for the moonshaes, I think every region needs a good villain just to make it interesting enough to play in.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2019 :  15:48:37  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The gods, while powerful, rarely, if ever, change the course of history. (If they do change it, it's more while they are mortal than immortal that they have such an effect.) As immortals, gods are more the embodiment of certain aspects of life than active participants. In a sense, their portfolios cancel each other out, with localized exceptions, often solved by adventurers.

There are certainly powerful creatures, like Inferno, Larloch, or Aumvor the Undying, who can kill almost anyone they meet, but haven't chosen to dramatically change the course of history.

There are individuals, like Shoon VII, who acquire power and build empires, but they do so at the head of a society that is ascendant. Likewise there are powerful empires that rise and fall, e.g. Shanatar, who fates are tied to the decisions of countless individuals.

There are individuals who show greatness at a point in time, thus changing the course in history. But their influence is more at a single point in history. (Frodo and Bilbo Baggins would be examples from LoTR.)

Then there are individuals, who, over time, swing the course of history in major ways through honeyed words and influence. I would divide such individuals into three tiers.

Third Tier
=======
These are beings that seek to play such a role. They may dramatically alter the course of a kingdom's history or region's history, but not end the kingdom or culture altogether.

Soneillion is an example from the Third Tier. She's dramatically influencing the course of Impiltur's history, but she hasn't broken it yet. Likewise, she dramatically influenced the course of Chondath's history, but again, didn't quite break it.

Second Tier
=========
These are individuals who dramatically altered the fate of kingdoms or empires in a localized region.

Malkizid is an example of this tier. He corrupted House Dlardrageth, which in turn led to the the destruction of Siluvanede, Sharrven, and Siluvanede. He dramatically impact the history of part of the North, but his influence was largely constrained to that region.

Wendonai is also an example of this tier. He corrupted the Ilythiiri, which led to the creation of the drow, but the drow don't rule the whole Underdark, only pieces of it, and the Ilythiiri were simply responding to the madness of Clan Vyshaan of Aryvandaar.

The Terraseer is also an example of this tier. He played a major role in shaping the history of the Netherese, but didn't really cause their rise or fall.

First Tier
=======
The first tier includes individuals who have impact the course of history across much of Faerun. In my mind, there are really two events that qualify in the western half of Faerun.

The first qualifying event is the rise and fall of Netheril. What caused a small tribe of humans to rise up and become one of the most powerful empires in Faerun? Who was really behind their eventual fall? After its fall, the Netherese diaspora shaped the North, the western Heartlands, the Moonsea regions, and the Shining South. In my mind, the kickstarting and shaping of Netheril's arc can all be traced back to centuries of years of subtle influence by Jergal.

The second qualifying event is the shattering of the elven realms that rules much, if not all of western Faerun, during the Crown Wars. The root of all that chaos lies at the feet of Clan Vyshaan. The question is, why did Clan Vyshaan behave as they did. In my mind, the individual that shaped Clan Vyshaan is the unnamed other villain of western Faerun. Our theory on that villain is at the root of Crown of Eaerlann. And I think found we enough lore to lead to support the case.

This is great summary :-)
Could you please explain more about Jergal's involvement with Netheries and his ties with Terraseer?

If I understood you than you mean Jergal as mortal before his ascension so you do not consider Moander as one of the players?
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2019 :  22:14:55  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric detailed a bit in his conversion of the Age of Worms, that the one of the first Netherese Archwizards studied Necromancy with the Spellweavers, and founded the church of Jergal upon his return.

George went further in his take on Jergal:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160831114556/http://realmssecretariat.com/jergal/

Edited by - Baltas on 05 Oct 2019 22:16:20
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2019 :  23:02:06  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baltas

Eric detailed a bit in his conversion of the Age of Worms, that the one of the first Netherese Archwizards studied Necromancy with the Spellweavers, and founded the church of Jergal upon his return.

George went further in his take on Jergal:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160831114556/http://realmssecretariat.com/jergal/

I'm not necessarily staying consistent with that Age of Worms conversion. To me, that was how to fit a GH adventure in the Realms, not necessarily canon Realms.

That said, Eric Menge had a fantastic improvement on Under Illefarn Anew he told me about at GenCon. Specifically, the "green water" coming from Runedardath had to do with the Age of Worms and making it possible for Kyuss spawn to cross the River Shining.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2019 :  01:34:28  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, but I think we can all agree that when Amaunator secretly informed Thayd of the gate system, by using Jergal to speak through Nergal, that led to the world of the orcs that ultimately led to the death of two rival sun gods (Ra and Utu), he wasn't performing a good act. Of course, that's why Nergal was buried outside of their homeland, but then everyone knows that.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2019 :  19:11:39  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Yeah, but I think we can all agree that when Amaunator secretly informed Thayd of the gate system, by using Jergal to speak through Nergal, that led to the world of the orcs that ultimately led to the death of two rival sun gods (Ra and Utu), he wasn't performing a good act. Of course, that's why Nergal was buried outside of their homeland, but then everyone knows that.

Wait what? Did that happen in canon, or some of the Forgotten Realms writers wrote about this? Or is this something from your campaign, a theory, or joke?

Edited by - Baltas on 06 Oct 2019 19:21:08
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2019 :  20:30:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find myself wondering if Jergal was somehow involved in the creation of the Scepter of the Sorcerer-Kings… Maybe he pushed one or more of the Netherese into creating it, with the intent of blinding one or more deities at a particular time, allowing Jergal himself time to do something that would otherwise be opposed.

The creator of the Scepter was slain before it was finished; maybe it would have been more powerful, and able to select who it would effect, once completed.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 06 Oct 2019 20:31:02
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2019 :  20:56:28  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baltas

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Wait what? Did that happen in canon, or some of the Forgotten Realms writers wrote about this? Or is this something from your campaign, a theory, or joke?

I am also not aware of such lore and it seems to me extremely badly thought out...
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  20:49:57  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

First Tier
=======

Feel free to add your own nominations to the three tiers.

Wow! I mean, I guess it makes sense, considering how much the Crown Wars shaped (or reshaped) the Realms, and the civilization of the elves. But to learn there was a Big Bad behind it...I'm really curious lol.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

shades of eternity
Learned Scribe

288 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  20:51:48  Show Profile  Visit shades of eternity's Homepage Send shades of eternity a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jergal was bored and learned that mortals are entertaining with divine power.

Am I the only person since the dark Knight rises, that Bane has a very particular accent

check out my post-post apocalyptic world at www.drevrpg.com

Edited by - shades of eternity on 11 Oct 2019 05:18:54
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000