Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What Male Fairy God fought beside Corellon?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2019 :  21:24:39  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

He doesn't exist.

Also, his levels are hilariously random. There's no way he's CR 90.

Nothing hilarious about his levels. CR 90 is correct. If Elminster is a CR 45 and not even a Divine rank of 0, then why wouldn't a Arch-Fey god be twice that? Man, I'd hate to paint the walls of the box you play D&D in.

In the wars of the Anti-Seldarine, the deities weren't using Avatars, but their divine-selves in battle, on divine Planes across the multiverse.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2019 :  21:26:45  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

Here you go... This is the Faerie God that was impaled on a Iron Sword next to Corellon in battle.

Melthadreth Telperion: CN Arch-Fey male of The Seelie Court. CR 90; Rogue 10/ Shadowdancer 10/ Sorcerer 20/ Feymage 10/ Duskblade 20/ Favored Soul 20. King of the Autumn Court, Master of the North Wind, Wielder of Stormbringer.

Died in combat during the wars of the Anti-Seldarine defending Corellon Larethian. Resurrected as a mortal Fey to guard the "Gardens of the Gambol" in Arvandor. A bewildering maze of chaos and deception that protects the Tower of Erevan Ilesere.

I personally KNOW that he is not the master of the north wind. He is the Master of the Bottom Wind, as he's known as a god of flatulence. His death is the reason that elves no longer fart.

Another poster Jelly of the elves. ;)
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2019 :  02:43:14  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message
quote:

quote:

He doesn't exist.

Nothing hilarious about his levels. CR 90 is correct. If Elminster is a CR 45 and not even a Divine rank of 0, then why wouldn't a Arch-Fey god be twice that? Man, I'd hate to paint the walls of the box you play D&D in.

In the wars of the Anti-Seldarine, the deities weren't using Avatars, but their divine-selves in battle, on divine Planes across the multiverse.

The CR system breaks down at higher levels. Elminster shouldn't be anywhere near CR 45, given that anything of CR 45 will laugh his spells off. Look at his int 24 when a pc wizard hits 30+ int at 20th level.

The Archfey you posted suffers from having his highest caster level being 30 while having 90HD. He'll never get past a CR appropriate encounter's SR.

It's the same flaw noted with your elven pantheon write up. You stack a half dozen classes together that look impressive at a glance, but they're not complimentary and having a half dozen class spell lists at CL 20 isn't going to help when the CL 40 wizard, cleric or druid simply laughs it off.

There's a reason the mystic theurge and true necromancer are considered poor classes, and they actually advance both sides of the casting divide. A theoretical wizard 5/cleric 5/MT 30 already outcasts your Archfey despite being half his HD.

The 2e multiclass mindset doesn't translate well into 3.5e.

To an extent, this flaw appears in the Canon deity stats, as the developers were constrained by having to stick to core, so you had things like Boccob and Kord having the same BAB. Personally, the gods should have either been gestalt characters or been built with pure Outsider HD with the appropriate unique abilities and features.

Caster gods get the worst of it. All the power is in their SDAs, not their class features.

Edited by - LordofBones on 28 Sep 2019 02:50:46
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2019 :  15:24:35  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Elves never farted. It's beneath them, and further indicates their superiority.

In all seriousness, what is the source cited for (albeit minimal) info about this god?

I totally just made him up, spur-of-the-moment to give the thread creator something to go by.

See even the elves are embarrassed and don't want to admit the truth that this god ever existed!!!! Their shame and jealousy of other race's ability to flatulate knows no bounds. Its truly a shame really.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2019 :  23:59:51  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

He doesn't exist.

The CR system breaks down at higher levels. Elminster shouldn't be anywhere near CR 45, given that anything of CR 45 will laugh his spells off. Look at his int 24 when a pc wizard hits 30+ int at 20th level.

The Archfey you posted suffers from having his highest caster level being 30 while having 90HD. He'll never get past a CR appropriate encounter's SR.

It's the same flaw noted with your elven pantheon write up. You stack a half dozen classes together that look impressive at a glance, but they're not complimentary and having a half dozen class spell lists at CL 20 isn't going to help when the CL 40 wizard, cleric or druid simply laughs it off.

There's a reason the mystic theurge and true necromancer are considered poor classes, and they actually advance both sides of the casting divide. A theoretical wizard 5/cleric 5/MT 30 already outcasts your Archfey despite being half his HD.

The 2e multiclass mindset doesn't translate well into 3.5e.

To an extent, this flaw appears in the Canon deity stats, as the developers were constrained by having to stick to core, so you had things like Boccob and Kord having the same BAB. Personally, the gods should have either been gestalt characters or been built with pure Outsider HD with the appropriate unique abilities and features.

Caster gods get the worst of it. All the power is in their SDAs, not their class features.

OMG... I just spend 3 hours writing up some stuff to answer and argue everything and my power cut off and I lost everything. No joke. I just screamed into the Virginia evening a wail of anguish and frustration!!!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2019 :  05:42:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
I've removed a bunch of posts from this discussion, and I'm bringing this mess to Big Al's attention.

I am most certainly not happy with what happened here, whilst I was off doing something else for a few hours.

I'm also going to apologize for the fact that there was some very questionable content here, for a few hours. I was spending an afternoon with my family, and I was entirely unaware of what was going on in this discussion.

We DO NOT tolerate attacks on other members, and we DO NOT tolerate any kind of slurs based on religion, race, gender, orientation, or nationality. We all roll the same D20s.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 29 Sep 2019 06:03:05
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2019 :  09:55:13  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I've removed a bunch of posts from this discussion, and I'm bringing this mess to Big Al's attention.

I am most certainly not happy with what happened here, whilst I was off doing something else for a few hours.

I'm also going to apologize for the fact that there was some very questionable content here, for a few hours. I was spending an afternoon with my family, and I was entirely unaware of what was going on in this discussion.

We DO NOT tolerate attacks on other members, and we DO NOT tolerate any kind of slurs based on religion, race, gender, orientation, or nationality. We all roll the same D20s.

Well met

Many thanks, Wooly for handling this situation. I have seen the original posts are quite appalled by the attacks and language used. This is being addressed behind the scenes but I must convey our apologies for any offence caused to other scribes caught up in the crossfire. I hope this does not taint your enjoyment of Candlekeep. Thanks also to those who responded with attempt to quash the situation and those who reported via PM.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked