Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 In need of background music Eldritch machine fight
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bane of the Harpers
Seeker

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2019 :  03:42:07  Show Profile Send Bane of the Harpers a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi!

I am currently preparing an encounter where my Pcs will face an eldritch machine that will transform an helpless npc into a aberration if they don't disrupt it quickly.

Any suggestion for the background music for this kind of encounter? Something eerie but also mechanical?

Thanks!

simasonli
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2021 :  23:53:40  Show Profile Send simasonli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey! Do you want to create your music or use ready-made tracks? I usually ask a friend to help me create background music. A friend of mine has been studying, producing, and making tracks for about a year now. While he changed equipment, he could only create small sketches of tracks. More than once, a friend has said that he wants to buy a new laptop to use different programs. Once I came across https://www.itsaboutmusic.com/best-laptop-for-music-production and thought it might be interesting for him to read. It was helpful, and after a week, a friend bought a new laptop. With a more powerful laptop, it can already create full-fledged tracks. I am happy for him and hope that he will be successful in producing.

Edited by - simasonli on 03 Jul 2021 14:15:06
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2021 :  00:10:06  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I usually use music from Final Fantasy for my fights, so I suggest something from there. Perhaps the bgms from the fights against the "weapon" bosses?

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2021 :  00:50:27  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this guy asked this 2 years ago, just to note.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2021 :  16:29:05  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

-Lol. I hope he figured it out by now.

-Related, I never really used music in my D&D games, but I'm going to be running a Fallout campaign this summer when a new rulebook comes out and I am very excited for that, since music is such a big part of the setting. Been making a Spotify playlist for it and that's been fun.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2021 :  17:30:49  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Well, we can always help people with the same doubt, I guess

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2021 :  18:41:11  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Granted the request came from 2019. That said, I would have recommended the Dark Trooper theme by Ludvig Goransson from the Mandalorian Season 2 sountrack.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000