Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Adventurer's Holy Symbol of Lolth
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2019 :  18:05:32  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I decided to do a little Realms tribute piece for Halloween. Holy Symbol of Lolth in Labradorite. Powerful Third-Eye stone. Big juju. Have a look, PM me if you're interested. It is still a work in progress. Gonna add a bunch of beads, 8 specifically. It will be a prayer Mala (Buddhist Rosary).

Adventurer's Holy Symbol of Lolth
https://imgur.com/a/kAY4OUN

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 27 Aug 2019 18:50:16

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2019 :  04:46:17  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Geez. Not onebody looked at this and said, "Nice?!" 50 views? Is the Keep dying?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2019 :  04:47:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is cool. I didn't look at it before because I first saw this post at work, and a lot of stuff is blocked out.

I also like all the knots in the cord the pendant is on.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2019 :  01:40:27  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Wooly. Here is a Project Update..

https://imgur.com/a/eJXZC40

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2019 :  06:18:41  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is pretty. Those beads wood?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2019 :  12:18:58  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

That is pretty. Those beads wood?

They are, sleyvas. Ebonized oak. I use an alchemical concoction to turn them black. Iron acetate (steel wool dissolved in vinegar) and quebracho bark tea. The iron acetate reacts with the tannins in the oak and the quebracho pumps them up so it's not just a surface treatment.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 07 Sep 2019 12:27:15
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2019 :  13:13:58  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is very cool.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2019 :  12:36:09  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire
(...)
I use an alchemical concoction to turn them black. Iron acetate (steel wool dissolved in vinegar) and quebracho bark tea.
(...)

Wow, that's cool!

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2019 :  06:39:40  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, y'all. I also did a Selvetarm piece. Labradorite also, with gun-metal and titanium hardware.

https://imgur.com/a/aJrW9pz

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 12 Sep 2019 06:40:36
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2019 :  12:45:56  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice! I like your spider, and the skulls are a cool touch!

Lead by example.

(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2019 :  13:13:21  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

Very nice! I like your spider, and the skulls are a cool touch!

Very cool looking.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2019 :  01:23:58  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's well made, but it looks more like a beetle with extra legs. What was the reference image?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2019 :  15:54:42  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder
(...) it looks more like a beetle with extra legs. (...)

I disagree, it looks very similar to some spiders we have here in Brazil. And I'm a biologist, had close contact with them.

Lead by example.

(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page