Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Brainstorming Anchorome
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2020 :  10:11:41  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found another obscure reference to an island near Evermeet, probably to the west:

Dlathilvaer, The Prow In The Sunset

"an isolated, high-peaked forest island near Evermeet, roamed by Kholiathara, moon-horses, and the few embittered outcasts from elven society--those of power too crazed, violent, or evil to dwell among their kin"

"Dlathivaer lies within the defenses of Evermeet and there are persistent rumors of gates appearing at various spots on it--gates that were old before elves ever came to its shores, open only briefly, and lead to unknown destinations; some tomes in Candlekeep hint that they open into other worlds."

Polyhedron #106, page 7.

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I think this thread had a bunch of the islands I was thinking of.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12133

Some are shown here:

http://www.candlekeep.com/images/sitegfx/mt_evermeet.jpg

--Eric

So, from those, it looks like 2 islands that might be some distance from Evermeet (or might be near it), and two that are near Evermeet. Just to put the gathered notes from that, here's what it roughly said below.

Sifahir's Isle - (elven prison, evil elven mage who was an advisor to Queen Amlaruil apparently, known for creating a self-aware illusion that broke away from his control). Note: I have no idea where this info is from, but wouldn't it be interesting if he were making out with an illusion of a princess of Evermeet and it "went awry" because it became self-aware when he tried to make it TOO real or something.

Tilrith (the small island off the north coast is called Tilrith (named at the very bottom of pg. 422 of E:IoE, and described at the top of the next page). That, coupled with the little bit in PoD suggests that there is a chain of islands along the north coast - most barely more then rocks jutting from the water - of which Tilrith is probably the largest. )

OK, these two are relatively near Evermeet, not westward of it.

Belintholme is called "The Guardian Isle of Belintholme" by a sea elf named Palentor in the 2nd book of the Druidhome Triloy. Balintholme lies south of the island of Evermeet, perhaps less than 100 miles off the coast

Araska - Araksa lies perhaps 200 miles east from Taltempla off Evermeet's coast.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 25 Mar 2020 10:12:49
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2020 :  14:40:45  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I found another obscure reference to an island near Evermeet, probably to the west:

Dlathilvaer, The Prow In The Sunset

"an isolated, high-peaked forest island near Evermeet, roamed by Kholiathara, moon-horses, and the few embittered outcasts from elven society--those of power too crazed, violent, or evil to dwell among their kin"

"Dlathivaer lies within the defenses of Evermeet and there are persistent rumors of gates appearing at various spots on it--gates that were old before elves ever came to its shores, open only briefly, and lead to unknown destinations; some tomes in Candlekeep hint that they open into other worlds."

Polyhedron #106, page 7.

quote:

quote:

I think this thread had a bunch of the islands I was thinking of.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12133

Some are shown here:

http://www.candlekeep.com/images/sitegfx/mt_evermeet.jpg

--Eric

So, from those, it looks like 2 islands that might be some distance from Evermeet (or might be near it), and two that are near Evermeet. Just to put the gathered notes from that, here's what it roughly said below.

Sifahir's Isle - (elven prison, evil elven mage who was an advisor to Queen Amlaruil apparently, known for creating a self-aware illusion that broke away from his control). Note: I have no idea where this info is from, but wouldn't it be interesting if he were making out with an illusion of a princess of Evermeet and it "went awry" because it became self-aware when he tried to make it TOO real or something.

Tilrith (the small island off the north coast is called Tilrith (named at the very bottom of pg. 422 of E:IoE, and described at the top of the next page). That, coupled with the little bit in PoD suggests that there is a chain of islands along the north coast - most barely more then rocks jutting from the water - of which Tilrith is probably the largest. )

OK, these two are relatively near Evermeet, not westward of it.

Belintholme is called "The Guardian Isle of Belintholme" by a sea elf named Palentor in the 2nd book of the Druidhome Triloy. Balintholme lies south of the island of Evermeet, perhaps less than 100 miles off the coast

Araska - Araksa lies perhaps 200 miles east from Taltempla off Evermeet's coast.

Thanks Eric, the part about gates could prove very useful. Maybe a gate between there and Abeir, especially since these gates are so old. That being said, looking at the above, I'd link this place to the spirit world (as described in 3e where its kind of coterminous and overlaying the world) and feywild and have most of these gates connecting to these. The part about exiles is interesting too.

Also, some notes for others like me who didn't recognize some of the names above. I'd modify Kholiathra to simply be ancestral spirits like Rashemi telthors, but maybe make them have hexblade abilities to curse the enemies of elves or something to update to 5e. Maybe they can all trace their formation to some event in the past. The moonhorses (teu'kelytha) are also from Elves of Evermeet, but they could fit Seethyr's concept of the Nic'Epona OR be kept as some weird race of horses that cast random low level speels. Personally I'd recommend making them the Nic'Epona as horses that can traverse between this world and the spirit world.

From FOR5- Elves of Evermeet
In addition to the goddess Sehanine#146;s cunningly-crafted
illusions, Evermeet is also under the protection of her
servitors, the kholiathra. These cunning spirits, usually
unseen, are a constant presence on and around Evermeet.
They keep watch on the elves, ward off vessels
that stray too close, and avert minor accidents. Most
elves are unaware of the kholiathra#146;s existence, but
these creatures are largely responsible for the good luck
and happy existence of the people of Evermeet. In their
natural state, kholiathra are transparent humanoid creatures,
with wispy, glassy outlines. Kholiathra can
become completely invisible at will. They move as easily
through the air as they do on the ground, and can fly
without effort.
A kholiathra#146;s main power is the ability to provide
either good or bad luck to those nearby. The presence of
a kholiathra may allow any individuals within 20 feet to
either add or subtract 4 (at their discretion) to any roll
the subject makes. This may include attack rolls, damage
rolls, saving throws, and reaction and ability checks.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2020 :  15:52:18  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly, can you delete this guy?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2020 :  18:17:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

'Tis done.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2020 :  19:10:11  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

'Tis done.

What did I miss?

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2020 :  20:38:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

'Tis done.

What did I miss?

A spammer upon whose head the banhammer has fallen. Just random spam, nothing noteworthy.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2020 :  18:23:29  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seethyr, just because you MIGHT want to use these, and also to try and keep the anchorome stuff together. BTW, what kinds of abilities can you see tying to "Jackalope wands"? Haste? Jump? Changing into a jackalope? Summoning a dire jackalope mount? Acting as a force effect for damage? Summoning a small herd of them? Giving flight if a winged jackalope (wolpertinger) and its wings are used in the making of the wand? Dimension Door? Displacement? Any others?

Jackalope wands (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4428462) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

While the Katashakan Al-mi'raj is perhaps best known for its wildly varying powers, the Anchorome jackalope is perhaps best known for its numerous forms. The most common varies little from the common al-mi'raj of Chult except that its horns (for it has more than one) will as often resemble small deer horns, ram's horns, moose antlers, and swirling koudou horns. Unlike other creatures with antlers, the Anchorome Jackalope does not shed its horns. Also, there are known to be winged versions of these creatures (called by some wolpertinger), as well as dire jackalopes that can be ridden by creatures as large as a halfling, gnome, or even a dwarf.

Still, like the Katashakan Al-mi'raj, they do fairly commonly present with the abilities to either blink about or displace themselves like a displacer beast. Some possess the ability to generate a field of force similar to a ring of the ram, and it is from these that most wands of the jackalope are crafted. Usually consisting of little more than an onyx or wood handle with a jackalope skull attached, these wands are used to generate blasts on the battlefield. Other wands are often crafted from dire jackalope legs with regular jackalope heads, to summon a dire jackalope mount, while using a regular jackalope head to said leg bone can be used as part of the ritual to summon a jackalope spirit beast as a familiar.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2020 :  23:03:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and go here... read the summary. The model isn't important.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4429298

Javalue Roaringhorn is the great grandchild of Javalar Roaringhorn of Baldur's Gate (of Lurue's knights of the unicorn), the multiple greats grandchild of Essembra, the grandchild of Nylan Brost, and the grandchild of Belûndrae Brost (who is the child of the ranger Selûndrae and Bellondar Brost). Javalue's mother is the first deer woman, who led a group from Fort Flame to kill the werewolves who had slain her (before Sifya offered to raise her as the first deer woman). Amongst those folk of Fort Flame were a pair of twins from Baldur's Gate, one of whom had fallen in love with the deer woman and wanted to heal her pain. Thus, the name Roaringhorn. I'm writing up this convoluted history now, but thought you might find it interesting. The idea is to give several different plot lines that can be pursued with this family ancestry (and most people of Fort Flame don't know that they have a family of werepegasi living amongst them). Thinking we could also do some tie ins with E'pona and Sifya, but also Essembra (who was in Evermeet) may be interested in finding her family members that disappeared a century ago. Tie ins with Baldur's Gate could happen as well as with Waterdeep.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2020 :  18:17:53  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know the background story is slightly convoluted, but I put together a little article introducing a new gem dragon for Anchorome. It’s a stretch but the deity/spirit in the background story is canon from City of Gold. I hope you get some fun use out of it even if you throw 90% of it away.

https://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/321967

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2020 :  22:01:54  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know the background story is slightly convoluted, but I put together a little article introducing a new gem dragon for Anchorome. It’s a stretch but the deity/spirit in the background story is canon from City of Gold. I hope you get some fun use out of it even if you throw 90% of it away.

I like the turquoise man storyline.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2020 :  22:27:50  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I like the turquoise man storyline.

Oh good! I was worried it would come off as too convoluted.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2020 :  16:40:54  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chieka-Lieka and the Prancing Axebeak Hut (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4557064) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

When the werewolf-led gnoll army marched through the Adusgee forest of Anchorome, they had no idea of the opposition that would be drawn down upon them. This battle to protect the woodlands was hard fought by the tauric deerfolk, the cervidae folk, and the squirrelfolk, and would later become known as "The Battle for Raelkath's Sprout". While the dire hummingbirds are the mount of choice for the squirrelfolk for their ability to hover in place, the far more numerous large bluejays (which are almost the size of wolves) proved a wonderful mount for the squirrelfolk archers. Thousands of squirrelfolk flew across the battlefield strafing gnolls with tiny arrows, aiming in particular for the eyes, ears, temples, and hands of their enemies. They were only able to continue the fight due to the constant refilling of quivers from the stores held within the multi-tiered hut of the fey witch Chieka-Lieka, mounted on the back of her faithful axebeak companion, Nucksie. It was said that she called upon the spirits of the dead animals of the forest to protect her and Nucksie, for numerous skeletal mountain lions, stags, boars, and other beasts were said to fight at Nucksie's side and take blows that would have done the axebeak in. All the while, Chieka-Lieka used the strange magics learned from the spellbook from Fort Flame to hurl blasts of frost, acid, poison, and unleash tentacled death upon any gnoll that came near.

Fair Warning: I'm not sure if this model is able to print. It can be painted in Paint3d or similar software. The idea behind it is to give kids bound in the house by COVID-19 an outlet for creativity besides video games. Let them paint it, and then you help them come up with a story about it together.

EDIT: Since this is somewhere where people will get the names.. tauric deer folk = Anchorome Hybsil which are size medium and not small. Cervidea folk = Shatjan. Squirrelfolk = Kercpa

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 30 Jul 2020 16:54:11
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2020 :  17:10:38  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Chieka-Lieka and the Prancing Axebeak Hut (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4557064) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

When the werewolf-led gnoll army marched through the Adusgee forest of Anchorome, they had no idea of the opposition that would be drawn down upon them. This battle to protect the woodlands was hard fought by the tauric deerfolk, the cervidae folk, and the squirrelfolk, and would later become known as "The Battle for Raelkath's Sprout". While the dire hummingbirds are the mount of choice for the squirrelfolk for their ability to hover in place, the far more numerous large bluejays (which are almost the size of wolves) proved a wonderful mount for the squirrelfolk archers. Thousands of squirrelfolk flew across the battlefield strafing gnolls with tiny arrows, aiming in particular for the eyes, ears, temples, and hands of their enemies. They were only able to continue the fight due to the constant refilling of quivers from the stores held within the multi-tiered hut of the fey witch Chieka-Lieka, mounted on the back of her faithful axebeak companion, Nucksie. It was said that she called upon the spirits of the dead animals of the forest to protect her and Nucksie, for numerous skeletal mountain lions, stags, boars, and other beasts were said to fight at Nucksie's side and take blows that would have done the axebeak in. All the while, Chieka-Lieka used the strange magics learned from the spellbook from Fort Flame to hurl blasts of frost, acid, poison, and unleash tentacled death upon any gnoll that came near.

Fair Warning: I'm not sure if this model is able to print. It can be painted in Paint3d or similar software. The idea behind it is to give kids bound in the house by COVID-19 an outlet for creativity besides video games. Let them paint it, and then you help them come up with a story about it together.

EDIT: Since this is somewhere where people will get the names.. tauric deer folk = Anchorome Hybsil which are size medium and not small. Cervidea folk = Shatjan. Squirrelfolk = Kercpa

Great stuff! I’d have to change some items for my home campaign but I really love the hut in particular.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2020 :  16:16:28  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I'm very much relating this race idea to Anchorome and to a LOT of the other ideas in this thread, posting this for the "foxiytaur" or "Ee'Na'Li" race here as well to keep things gathered together

So, on a backstory for them, read this, give feedback for improvements. Anchoring them more to Anchorome.

They were originally a tribe of Uldra (a small fey race who lives in tundra) who travelled to the Spirit World fleeing the service of the Queen of Air and Darkness for freeing a prisoner from her jails. The prisoner was a beautiful, flaxen haired woman of great life energy, and it was whispered that the Queen planned to present her to the Black Diamond. The Uldra were being pursued by the forces of her trusted servant, Shakak the Winter Spirit, and were continually tracked by scores of black and white magpies. They had no food, but each night when they sought a place to rest, the maiden would spread her arms and present them with a stack of maize, for the prisoner that they had freed was no less than one of the Corn Maidens. Each morning, they would see the white, bear-like forms of their Urskan pursuers on the horizon, their bronze armor flickering in the reflection off the dawn cock's fiery feathers and betraying them, for the Sun Father held no love for Shakak nor the Urskan.
On the first night, they came to an encampment of a clan of snow elves, and they offered to share their bounty of corn with the elves if they might be able to simply share their fire for the night. The elves readily agreed, and asked their god, Fenmarel Mestarine to bless the uldra and the Corn Maiden. The next morning, a pack of wolves appeared to carry the uldra and the Corn Maiden, just moments before the Urskan set upon them. The snow elves instructed the uldra to flee while they held the mighty bear folk at bay, dying one and all, causing the Corn Maiden to weep in sorrow for the tragedy her freedom had caused. The uldra did give praise to Fenmarel Mestarine for his gift, for surely they would have died without it.
On the second night, the Uldra came to a frozen forest, where they met a large family of the tiny squirrelfolk known as Kercpa. The Kercpa told the Uldra they would help guide them through the forest to evade their pursuers, and called upon Rititisk the Clever for aid. Rititisk heard their pleas, and he did encourage that the great caribou, Besparr the Manylegged, and his rabbit mount, Harifur, should breed. The next morning, a nesting of newborn giant jackalopes did appear in the forest ready to bear the Uldra and the Corn Maiden away from their pursuers. As well, a group of moose-headed Shatjan and a tauric deer folk had been sent from the spirit world to harry the bear folk. As the Urskan did approach, the wily kercpa caused great net traps entrap their pursuers and slow them down, and together they fled deeper into the forest. Staying high in the trees, the kercpa did harry the Urskan and hurl curses upon them for their evil, allowing the uldra to escape their pursuers. The Shatjan did take great bone axes and hold back the Urskan, while the deer folk did pepper them with arrows from range. The Urskan, with great loss of life, did retreat from this thread, vowing they would get revenge upon the rebellious uldra that had cost them so much. The uldra did give praise to Rititisk the Clever and Besparr the Manylegged for their gift, for surely they would have died without it.

One the third night, they came to a tribe of short ones living in a grove of giant honeysuckle, flowering apple trees, and large thickets of blackberries. The short ones listened to the story of the uldra's plight and agreed to let them stay for all of the corn provided by the Corn Maiden. The short ones did pray to their goddess, Sheela Peryroyl, for aid. Their goddess heard and instructed them not to eat of the corn, but rather to separate the corn kernels and put them in great pouches. She also instructed that the cooks amongst the short ones must provide food for the uldra and corn maiden. Working hard overnight, the short ones did as their goddess instructed. They did prepare for them a great feast of honeyed cakes, applie pie, and blackberry tarts, packing them in woven baskets so that the uldra may carry them with them to eat as they ran. and the uldra did praise the short ones for their generosity. But in the morning, the growls of the Urskan could be heard on the horizon, and they saw that their giant jackalope mounts were slaughtered and being eaten by the hungry bear folk. All knew that death was upon them, and soon the Urskan turned towards the short one's village with a hungry gleam in their eyes. The short ones wasted not a moment and began hurling the corn kernels from their pouches and fleeing the village. They told the uldra to hurry on their way, for their goddess had sworn she would protect them. As the light of the dawn cock's feathers struck the corn kernels, they burst into full bloom, and within moments a forest of corn stalks separated the uldra and the Corn Maiden from their pursuers. The uldra did give praise to Sheela Peryroyl for her gift, for surely they would have died without it.

As they fled the Urskan, the uldra began to grow tired and footsore, and they feared that the bear folk would soon catch them. It was then that they came across the spirit of Wily Fox, for he had heard of the uldra's plight from the ever gossiping Rititisk the Clever, and he decided to meet them and see if they were deserving of his aid. Wily Fox did appear to them, and offered to walk with them. When the uldra complained of being tired, he noted that he was just getting warmed up. When the uldra complained of walking on hills, he noted that his four paws made such travels easy. When the uldra complained of being overly hot, he simply laughed and said that their bodies were not made for the warmer weathers that they were approaching. Finally, the uldra grew tired of his boasting and told him that they were glad that he had no such difficulties, but they were not like him, and that they were tired and needed a place to rest. With a sly look, Wily Fox then did look at them and asked "Would you like my help to lessen your plight? I know of a place where you can stay that will help you. You have but to ask and swear to be friends of the forest, and I shall make it so". The uldra quickly agreed, and Wily Fox led them to a den of young fox pups and told them that they should sleep with the pups for the night. The next morning Wily Fox was gone, but they awoke to find their bodies had changed. From the waist down, their bodies were that of a fox, and their torsos were more suited to the warm weather. Instinctively they knew that they were now his people, the Ee'Na'Li, and they must offer him praise. With renewed vigour and hope, the Ee'Na'Li and the Corn Maiden once again set off with the Urskan still in pursuit.
On the fourth night, they met a clan of forest gnomes living in an oaken grove protected by dryads. The forest gnomes offered them the comforts of a bed, warmth of a fire, and prayers to Baervan Wildwanderer. Baervan heard their pleas and asked his raccoon, Chiktikka Fastpaws, to send aid. The dryads did call upon Verenestra the Oak Princess. Seeing her friend, the Corn Maiden, in jeopardy, the sylvan princess swore that she would protect them. The next morning, the Ee'Na'Li and forest gnomes feared that the urskan would fall upon them and devour them. The dryads looked upon the sharp axes of the urskan and feared for their precious tree homes. But, as the Urskan did approach the village, great thorny vines did grow to hinder their pursuit and tangle in their fur, and so the Urskan decided they would besiege the gnomes and eat them when they left to seek food. Cruelly did they laugh at their brilliant plan, for they were tiring of this pursuit, and surely they had finally caught their prey and had but to wait them out. The uldra and forest gnomes were afraid, for though Verenestra was surely protecting them, still they knew that they were caught. But, in the light of the dawn cock's first blush, they found that a number of the gnomes were transformed into a raccoon folk and blessed with knowledge of a path through the sticky thickets that no bear folk could follow. Thus did they all flew through a hidden tunnel amongst the vines in secret, leaving the Urskan behind around an empty village. The Ee'Na'Li and gnomes did give praise to Baervan Wildwanderer and Verenestra the Oak Princess for their gifts, for surely they would have died without them.

The Urskan could only be fooled for so long however, and their magpie scouts soon caught sight of the Ee'Na'Li and the forest gnomes. The Urskan knew they had been tricked, and feared the wrath of Shakak the Winter Spirit and his Queen, even though they had gone far beyond the ice and snow of the tundra lands. They soon took up the pursuit again, without making camp, and become tired and footsore and hot. Along the way, Wily Fox and Rititisk the Clever did appear, just outside of the Urskan's reach, but not outside of their hearing. The two great spirits did jabber back and forth, laughing at the plight of the Urskan, for surely they would not catch the Corn Maiden and would be disciplined for their failure. Surely their punishment would be a slow and painul death, mocked Wily Fox, to which Rititisk agreed most fervently. The Urskan began to grumble of their plight, and some even swore of their hatred of their cruel mistress and her unforgiving nature. If only they had some way to escape the Queen's ire, they would surely take it, for they cared not what happened to the Corn Maiden. To this, Wily Fox replied, "Well, surely if that is the case, I may know a friend who can protect you. He is strong and brave, much like yourselves, and if you swear yourself to him, he will not be afraid to stand up against your queen in the warm lands, for surely she cannot stand against him here. You have but to prove yourself by turning against any who refuse to stand against your queen, and I can bring him here to protect you. Surely this is not too much of a price to pay?" The Urskan then did stop their pursuit and begin arguing amongst themselves, and the bear folk found themselves split in their minds as to what to do. One faction finally swore that they would stop their fellows at all costs should they choose to continue to pursue the Ee'Na'Li and the Corn Maiden. It was then that a great bear spirit, Magnaer the Strong, appeared above them and waved his mighty paw, and those who stood boldly found their fur stained brown and black and their claws imbued with divine power. His command was simple, stop those who stood against his will and that of the great spirits of the forest. The bloodshed was quick and their fury terrible to behold, and afterward the bearfolk did feel sorrow at their actions. It was then that a second bear spirit, Magnaer's mate, Balanis the Honey Princess, and she did tell them that they must forgive each other and themselves, for evil is a festering sore upon the world. She told them she would provide them a drink which would help them and soften their hearts against their guilt, if they would swear to sing the praises of herself and her mate. The bear folk did quickly agree, for the pain of their sorrow was heavy indeed, and Balanis did turn a nearby river into a river of honey mead. The bear folk did drink deeply from this river, and they found their guilt lessening with each drink. From the edge of the forest, Wily Fox did watch the bear folk, and he knew the Ee'Na'Li and the Corn Maiden were now safe, and slowly a grin did spread across his face.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
157 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2020 :  06:55:59  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Completely off tangent to what other people have previously imagined Anchorome, I have been thinking recently and have put some of it to digital paper and would like to see what other people think of a completely different Anchorome to what has traditionally been done in the past - native America.

The below are general thoughts and need to be expanded upon when time permits. A lot of this is drawn from Gray Richardson's work on the Aearee.

Parts of Anchorome was settled by the Aearee, both before and after their empire.

Humans of Anchorome were like humans of Faerun, and the Aearee used these humans as slave labour, much as the Aearee were used as slave labour by the Batrachi.

Humans successfully rebelled and became their own people. Human deities in Anchorome are some similar to Faerun, but with different names, but others are unknown in the west of Anchorome. In the end it did not matter that these deities were unknown in the west - there is but one human deity that most humans venerate - technology. The older human deities still exist and are worshipped in secret, however technology has become a magic and deity of its own.

This technology has made the humans pre-eminent in Anchorome today, with the aarakocra fighting for their lives, with the other humanoid races still existent in Anchorome today.

Humans and technology are to the north of the Bay of Balduran, dominating the north-west of the continent. Originating around the small inland sea, spreading north to the forests and west to the small hill range for metals.

Directly west of Bay of Balduran, in the centre desert, are the insect people mentioned in the City of Gold 2e supplement.

South of Bay of Balduran is the Maztica of Forgotten Realms - the True World.

Mention in the City of Gold on page 7 of the bird Motsni, who lead the humans (Azuposi) living underground, to the surface is a retelling of Aearee who enslaved humans, with Masauwu being the human/deity who rebelled against the Aearee.

The Aearee did not mind leaving this area as it had been over-farmed and was no longer fertile and able to feed their airborne rookeries. The Aearee returned to the north and the forests and ensured that the lessons learnt were not repeated.

The land directly to the north of the Bay of Balduran is home to the aarakocra and their airborne rookeries, with a few rookeries remaining in the forested mountains to the north-west.

Technology is driven by crystals, the Aearee had some knowledge of this, however humans inspired by their technology god, learnt more of what crystals can do. Guns are lasers, using crystals that have a chance to crack, rendering the gun useless.

Technology and magic - in my opinion this is not Eberron, but proper technology, just not to our level yet.

So there you have it - my thoughts on what to do with Anchorome. What I am envisioning is that sometime after 1500 DR the aarakocra floating rookeries flee Anchorome and arrive in Faerun. Then a century or so later the Anchorome humans sail east to investigate what else is around and encounter Faerun - technology, magic and monotheism vs magic and pantheism.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2020 :  18:27:46  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will say, I'm not fond of that. Please don't be upset. While I have plans to introduce a more technologically oriented people into Anchorome, its more of a "hey, let's make it so that some people are introducing wind and water mills" and they've making a lot of glass slag trying to learn to make glassteel (some can do it, others are learning). They're getting around to the idea of being able to mass produce minor things with something like assembly lines, but it would be minor stuff (nails, arrowheads, buckles, etc.. or quickly processing flour, etc..). I also don't want that to be widespread. That being said, I like Seethyr's idea of the Minnenewah spirit folk that are "human like", but the further north we go the more I've been wanting to introduce creatures that aren't human looking that are controlling the lands that are still wild and savage (snow and poscadari elves being an exception). I like the concept that man may have tamed some areas, but there should always be a good portion that man just doesn't really know about. If someone wants a "civilized/conquered" land where mankind rules, there's Faerun and Kara-Tur, and to a lesser degree Zakhara.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
157 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  05:26:03  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I will say, I'm not fond of that. Please don't be upset.

Definitely not upset sleyvas, I knew my vision would not be what most people are looking for when I have searched for Anchorome online.

The reason I am envisioning this is many-fold:
* Why should Faerun be the most technologically advanced (Europe)?
* Why should Anchorome be North/South America just because it is to the west of Faerun?
* Everything below the City of Gold area has some material and is Native American and equivalent to the south in flavour
* I wanted to build on Gary Richardson's Aearee material and expand upon what may have happened to them
* some technology and magic! Maybe not today's society, but 1800-early 1900s - electricity and crystals
* no dragons. I might not have mentioned it originally, but my thoughts are the Tearfall was over Faerun, so they can have dragons. But then I found a reference in the Grand History of the Realms of Elves turning west and encountering dragons. I am thinking of making it that there were some dragons but they have died out.

I might not make it humans that are doing the technology, but instead dwarves or gnomes, maybe even a dwarf/human hybrid or even a dwarf/gnome hybrid.

But, again, not upset at all. If no-one else replies, I will take my little version and play with it elsewhere for the time.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  10:22:56  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maransreth

quote:

I will say, I'm not fond of that. Please don't be upset.

Definitely not upset sleyvas, I knew my vision would not be what most people are looking for when I have searched for Anchorome online.

The reason I am envisioning this is many-fold:
* Why should Faerun be the most technologically advanced (Europe)?
* Why should Anchorome be North/South America just because it is to the west of Faerun?
* Everything below the City of Gold area has some material and is Native American and equivalent to the south in flavour
* I wanted to build on Gary Richardson's Aearee material and expand upon what may have happened to them
* some technology and magic! Maybe not today's society, but 1800-early 1900s - electricity and crystals
* no dragons. I might not have mentioned it originally, but my thoughts are the Tearfall was over Faerun, so they can have dragons. But then I found a reference in the Grand History of the Realms of Elves turning west and encountering dragons. I am thinking of making it that there were some dragons but they have died out.

I might not make it humans that are doing the technology, but instead dwarves or gnomes, maybe even a dwarf/human hybrid or even a dwarf/gnome hybrid.

But, again, not upset at all. If no-one else replies, I will take my little version and play with it elsewhere for the time.

I get the idea of not recreating North/South America, and also wanting to explore Aearee culture. However, that being said, I do like an exploration of a land where "the Great Spirits" is more prevalent but it not being a magic hating society (the Uthgardt idea is great, but their fear of magic and hatred of wizardry/society can be a problem). I personally though don't want to see a hidden

So, I'd like to have more of an idea of what you're considering technology. What I can't see is one human culture existing with a decent technological ability existing right alongside cultures with technological capabilities that are pretty much still stone age unless there's some really good reason that the two cultures haven't interacted. I also don't necessarily want to throw out the works that were done previously.

That being said, we don't exactly know what percentage of Anchorome transferred to Toril and what may have stayed, because people weren't going there. So, I see if you wanted to do something like that, it would likely be from Abeir.

I will say too that I'm kind of wanting to develop what you're looking at doing in another way (not necessarily electricity, but perhaps a people trying to learn to blend technomagic). Basically, in the City of Gold area, I'm wanting to bring in "refugees" from the Chultan peninsula and "expatriates" from Thay. The idea being that Thay setup a trade enclave in Fort Flame and claimed a large bit of land outside of the city proper. They also setup trade enclaves in the Chultan peninsula in Samarach, Thindol, and Tashalar. They setup Clandestine portals between all of these new trade enclaves. When the transfer happens, those places transfer as well (i.e. they didn't "sink), but they get overrun by Abeir. However, the portals allowed the Thayan enclaves to maintain communication. So, in what is a time of extreme uncertainty, these people know that at least this enclave in Anchorome isn't being overrun (because they're not hearing good things from the enclaves in Soorenar, Cimbar, Messsemprar, or the little one in Chondath, and Nimbral is going isolationist).

So, when the hordes start invading the Chultan cities, the one in Thindol that has Gondsmen setting up assembly line metal factories using water mills starts evacuating people to the Thayan trade enclave. Maybe they're pretty successful and manage to save something like two thousand people, but only by stressing the portal and "burning it out" so that it starts malfunctioning. These Gondsmen start talking with their expatriate Thayan benefactors, and the two discuss the lost sword making facility. The Thayans note they'd like to setup something similar, but for something much more basic.... nails, hammers, saw blades, chisels... because they all want to build homes. Sometime over say the next ten to twenty years, the enclaves in Tashalar(city of Tashluta) and Samarach (city of Samargol) also fall to Abeiran forces, and having established an evacuation plan using the trade enlave portals, a decent number of people escape over month long sieges by the enemy (say hundreds evacuating daily, leading to tens of thousands leaving the cities and taking valued resources with them). The expatriate red wizards also aid these evacuations in other methods, helping to "gut" these cities before they fall

Working with Seethyr's ideas, the Faerunian colonies in Maztica that were basically dependent on Faerun all start getting overrun and many of their people flee to Fort Flame (because they don't trust the Thayan enclave). However, the Thayans have been building up resources in their little enclave for the last ten years, because their people are fleeing the Thayan civil war. The "Balduran Bay trade enclave", as it has become known, has a lot of people who came here with the idea of developing a new home for themselves already. So, when another refugee people shows up, they already kind of have a plan in place. In doing this, Fort Flame gets strong, but it and the Balduran Bay Trade Enclave have something of a split developing over who needs to be "in charge".

Also, prior to the Spellplague (in the 1370's) the Balduran Bay enclave sent groups to setup small villages on the edge of the desert. They also go into the Pasocada Basin and begin exploring the ruins of Esh Alakar. Both Seethyr and I were picturing this ancient city as being a connection to the Anchorome Underdark and a superdungeon. Here's where I differ. Since noone in the area wants to approach this city at all, the expatriate Thayans clear out a portion of the dungeon with access to the cliffwall. They call this the "Esh Alakar Trade Enclave", and while it doesn't grow big in Esh Alakar itself, the name sticks. They find a portal there to a hidden secret in the desert, a place with an illusion covering it and a chasm completely isolating it. The illusion makes people walk around it. This is the ancient spelljamming facility of the spell weavers of Esh Alakar, and it still holds small glassteel spelljamming capable ships (varying from 2 man to 5 man ships)... if only the helms still functioned with the magic of the new residents.

Luckily, there's another little secret.... Zulkir Mythrella'a isn't dead. Long story short, the Zulkir of Illusion faked her death during the civil war because a little more than a decade prior she had uncovered the lost Netherese enclave of Doubloon in orbit (she renamed it Luneira). She was the reason that Thay had developed "the Quad of Thay" with its Thayan made helm (in secret coordination with Samas Kul of the Guild of Foreign Trade). She faked her death because the Zulkir of Divination, Yaphyll Sirtula, had warned her. In the two decades leading up to the Spellplague, Zulkir Mythrella'a had established good relations with the moon colonies, and agreed to help them stop "the aggressions of the surface nations of Kara-Tur and Wa" with their aid in providing information about spelljammer movements. So, Mythrella'a had been setting up poaching opportunities and a clandestine disinformation campaign for Kara-Turan dragon ships and even a Wa Tsunami with its locusts. Perhaps more importantly though, she captured Wa personnel with knowledge of spelljamming helm creation and creation of rudders of propulsion, and she did so using magical deception. So, when these personnel of Wa taught Mulan wizards how to make rudders of propulsion, they didn't know they were betraying their emperor. Mythrella'a began working through Samas Kul's network to make rudders of propulsion even prior to the civil war.

So, when a facility was discovered in the desert of anchorome containing a few hundred extremely lightweight glassteel vessels, and those enclaves reported it to Mythrella'a…. the were fitted with rudders of propulsion and mages capable of cloaking the ships in invisibility. These ships also helped evacuate the Chultan peninsula cities of Samargol and Tashluta. Many illusionists of Samargol went to Luneira, but the Phantasmage and his loyalists chose to settle in Balduran Bay. Similarly the Farseer of Tashluta's House of the All-Seeing Orb also goes to Balduran Bay. Some whisper that during their evacuations, both of these individuals had been infused with power from the gods, Leira and Savras respectively, to aid them in protection their people. Some even say that they temporarily housed the avatars of these gods. This led to Balduran Bay trade enclave being much less a Mulan/Rashemi refugee colony and much more diversified, as both of these individuals assumed leadership roles.

Going back in time a little bit again

The resources of Esh Alakar were extremely limited, and acquiring new land around Balduran Bay was contested by the Poscadari elves. Rather than fight, while refugees were still arriving prior to the spellplague from Thay.... they heard of a place in the far south called "Lopango, Land of Fire". Given their interests in fire, a relatively large expedition of a few thousand proceeded south on a mission of discovery (along with some newly created Metahel allies who were amazed at the trade enclaves ability to acquire ship making lumber in the treeless Poscadari basin). They setup a small defensible colony along the shore, which would eventually become the Lopango trade enclave.

In the years following the Spellplague, the people of Balduran Bay Enclave decide they need to expand their colonies, but rather than trying to fight and sieze land on the continent, they instead turn to the sea and the many small islands off Anchorome's coast. Esh Alakar never grows big, but it becomes a place for the elite to be able to study in separation, and so it draws in skilled workers. In particular, learning how to make glassteel is a very big draw for the gondsmen, and a small city of skilled craftsmen developed in the desert. Slag glass and mude made from desert sand was used to create a lake and brick dwellings, with weather magic used to turn the place from a hellhole to a decent place to live (decent, not great).

They hear from the Chessentan cities, which are evacuating before the power of Shyr, and they are fleeing to a lost city of the Shaar built into the cliff sides of the gorge of the river Shaar. (NOTE: I'm stating the Shaar went to Abeir, and that's why the Underchasm happened). The Shyrran forces don't know where they are going, and they settle in Peleverai (only to find that three Crintri princess of Dambrath with their human servitors also fled there after being stuck in the transferred Shaar while on a horse herding competition).

The Lopango enclave continues to grow, but eventual infighting over breeding with Azuposi, Kolan, Maztican, Natican, and even dark elves splits them. Half the ruling wizards want to have harems and breed a new generation of mages. Mulan and Metahel who believe in being racially pure (many of them women who don't appreciate the society developing in Lopango) leave to found colonies in Northwestern Katashaka and found the tharch of the western pridelands. Two generations later, an offshoot from this tharch, seeking a return to a slightly more decadent and power hungry life captures some other land in Eastern Katashaka and founds the tharch of New Eltabbar with the aid of wizards from Lopango, Esh Alakar, Balduran Bay, and Luneira while being led by Zulkir Yaphyll Sirtula.

This concept is a high level overview of what I've been calling the United tharchs of Toril. Each tharch is its own entity, with its own idiosyncracies and leadership. None are huge. There's infighting. Since they're so spread out, each is more concerned with their local doings. They aren't an "empire" that becomes a world threat, but they are all very willing to trade with each other. They may come to each other's aid, depending on the threat and whether they "feell that they should be able to handle it themselves, because we have other closer concerns".

I mention all this because you can get an idea of what I'm looking at having happen. I'm interested in there being some technomagic related to anchorome in relation to Esh Alakar, but I'm not exactly sure what. Perhaps development of a plant like Coliar's crispyleaf that makes a smokepowder rough equivalent possible. What drove electricity in our world to a big degree was the electric light, and continual flame makes this relatively easy. Still, if we come up with a good reason /way to show electrical use without robots and lasers, then I think it could be good (now constructs and smokepowder weapons I can get behind). Maybe they even steal technology from Abeirans, but if they do, I don't want to see it going too scifi and still technomagical. I could see artificers for instance in Esh Alakar of all 3 varieties.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 07 Aug 2020 10:33:52
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  11:41:29  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and while I'm not liking the idea of "lasers" per se, the idea of crystals fits in well with the idea of glassteel being a major change for technology. It also fits in well with the concept that spellweavers were once in Anchorome (specifically Esh Alkar, because spellweavers used chromatic disks that were like ceramic that stored spell energy. So, I like the idea that people may use some kind of "crystal" weapon that can break, but maybe it needs to be refined, like glassteel. But rather than have it say firing pulses of radiant energy that make everyone go "star wars", it does something else. Maybe they can be loaded with spells that anyone can use (maybe cantrips can be cast into it, and each "type" can only hold a certain "type" of cantrip... and its charged... and if you use the last charge it can crack... but it can be recharged maybe... each additional recharge though has a chance of "cracking the glassteel rod"). For that matter, it may not be "glassteel", but some similar material we make up that must be refined (possibly from ground down crystals mind you).

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 07 Aug 2020 11:44:38
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  12:04:09  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, also, on the idea that no dragons are here. I think we're all in agreement with the idea that very few dragons should be in Anchorome, and what few ones exist should be special cases to be considered. For instance, I may introduce a song dragon in Fort Flame who came over just prior to the spellplague. Seethyr has introduced a feathered dragon and a new turquoise dragon which was created by dragon eggs affected by the Turquoise man great spirit. There are canonically some on the islands off the coast of Anchorome. There are also some mentioned in the GHotR where it talks about a flying ship searching Balduran's landing. The idea that the great spirits work to prevent dragons getting a toehold on the continent is a good tool for that.

Now, the waters surrounding, I wouldn't mind dragon turtles or sea bound dragons being in them. It could explain why shipping between continents fails.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  12:26:47  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally, from what I wrote above, it may sound like "the Faerunians go to Abeir and thrive" to a degree. I'd like to stress that this isn't the case. Any place that "sank" or "disappeared" when 4e came about, I pretty much feel like its open game for it going to Abeir. Anything that didn't get really any coverage in 4e, I feel like its open game for it going to Abeir. Some of these places maybe went isolationist or worked with each other and come back relatively the same (as in I wouldn't touch them much as they had good development... I'm thinking Lantan, Nimbral, Halruaa for that). However, other areas... the Shaar went there, it didn't "collapse making a big hole"... Var the Golden went there in portions... Portions of Chessenta (as in parts of Cimbar, Soorenar, Akanax, Mordulkin), the eastern arm of Chondath including the city of Hlath, the wizard's reach cities of Laothkund, Tilbrand, Nethra, Teth , Samarach, Thindol, Tashalar went there in portions... since they were "off stage", portions of Ulgarth and the Utter East also went there. In these other areas, they were so small and isolated after the transfer that they were essentially "bite sized morsels" for the Abeirans. So, like I presented in the above for Tashalar, Samarach, and Thindol, the people fled and many more died. Similar happened with Chessenta, Chondath, Var, Ulgarth, and a lot of these folk converged on the shaar. I'm thinking portions of the utter east transferred, but maybe they formed an alliance of their own and were able to maintain themselves, but maybe they worked WITH the Torilians of other areas, either taking in refugees or working with the newly gathered populations elsewhere. I'd also like the wizard's reach city of Laothkund and its surrounding areas to survive and be a rallying point, but it may also include allied Abeirans that they made as friends as well, and maybe that's because there were no encroaching populations neaby.

As these places transition back, they may have other populations in them now from Abeir that might make for interesting confrontations. For instance, Cimbar having a dragonborn society and appear right next to Tchazzar's capital city

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 07 Aug 2020 12:53:05
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2020 :  17:15:59  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Giant Locust is a particularly dangerous creature found in the land of the insect men, especially when used as a mount by the mantis men who inhabit the area. Similar in some ways to the aggressive ankhegs in the area, they lack a burrow speed, but make up for it with the ability to fly.

Giant Locust (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4570667) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Giant Locust Flying. The giant locust is a large creature capable of carrying a rider. Typically mounted by mantis men, they are a quick method for them to traverse the lands of the insect men. Some believe they were engineered long ago by spellweavers. They come in a variety of colors, such as the typical green or black, to the more exotic reds, yellows, sandy browns, and even blue. Their exoskeleton proves useful in the creation of tools, weapons, and armor.

iant Locust Flying (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4570805) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 15 Aug 2020 20:04:02
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2020 :  17:29:18  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Thri-Kreen of the land of the insect men make weapons from many things, including bone, obsidian, and special ceramic materials as well.

Mantis Warrior with Bone Axes (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4571567) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2020 :  13:33:38  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there something alike a North-western pass in Anchorage? A easier way to travel from Sword Coast to Kara-Tur by sea? That could motivate exploration from the Hearlands.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2020 :  17:21:48  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cougar Tressym (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4575141) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2020 :  17:24:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seethyr,

Go read the thread titled, "Rakiki and the Teapot Fiend", as it pertains somewhat to Fort Flame and some kercpa from the Adusgee Forest. To note the kercpa typically don't speak Faerunian Common so well, but Rakiki is very smart. He's both a wizard and a fey warlock whose patron is Rititisk the Clever.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2020 :  14:08:36  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey, this may sound a little goofy, but what do you think of turquoise dragons having a beak at the end of their lips (not a full on bird's beak, but a beak like a turtle has). I feel like writing some silly stories about my kercpa Rakiki (things that haven't happened in real game play), wherein he says things "as he understands them". Its kind of to show that players may not know everything or understand everything. So, in this instance, people in Anchorome haven't SEEN dragons... and so Rakiki thinks of them as "big naked birds".... which is kind of true.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

see
Learned Scribe

235 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2020 :  04:16:43  Show Profile Send see a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mrestos Khorvaen

Is there something alike a North-western pass in Anchorage? A easier way to travel from Sword Coast to Kara-Tur by sea?

Nope. There's a passage south of Maztica, but Anchorome just keeps going north until you hit the arctic icecap.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2020 :  12:53:39  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tauric Deer (Deer Centaur) female with bow, tomahawk and maca (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582592) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Just found a better model for the top and since this was also one of my early models, thought a redo with a different look was worth the time

Antelope Tauric females with bows, macas, and stone axes (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582680) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Centaur Female Plains Leather (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582748) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 29 Aug 2020 14:50:29
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2020 :  19:33:23  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one is more the Shaar or my Katashaka, but since I tend to share that kind of info in here as well... I think it came out really pretty on the one where I did the blue leather versus the undyed leather.

Lamia or Tauric Lion Huntress with giant rat meal (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582974) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

and what the hell, this "snakewoman" which could be a lamia noble or a yuan-ti or a weresnake. Same upper model as the huntress but different weapons and coloration. Came out good I think.

Snakewoman Huntress (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4583065) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 29 Aug 2020 20:56:56
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000