Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Brainstorming Anchorome
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2020 :  18:27:46  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will say, I'm not fond of that. Please don't be upset. While I have plans to introduce a more technologically oriented people into Anchorome, its more of a "hey, let's make it so that some people are introducing wind and water mills" and they've making a lot of glass slag trying to learn to make glassteel (some can do it, others are learning). They're getting around to the idea of being able to mass produce minor things with something like assembly lines, but it would be minor stuff (nails, arrowheads, buckles, etc.. or quickly processing flour, etc..). I also don't want that to be widespread. That being said, I like Seethyr's idea of the Minnenewah spirit folk that are "human like", but the further north we go the more I've been wanting to introduce creatures that aren't human looking that are controlling the lands that are still wild and savage (snow and poscadari elves being an exception). I like the concept that man may have tamed some areas, but there should always be a good portion that man just doesn't really know about. If someone wants a "civilized/conquered" land where mankind rules, there's Faerun and Kara-Tur, and to a lesser degree Zakhara.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
121 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  05:26:03  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I will say, I'm not fond of that. Please don't be upset.

Definitely not upset sleyvas, I knew my vision would not be what most people are looking for when I have searched for Anchorome online.

The reason I am envisioning this is many-fold:
* Why should Faerun be the most technologically advanced (Europe)?
* Why should Anchorome be North/South America just because it is to the west of Faerun?
* Everything below the City of Gold area has some material and is Native American and equivalent to the south in flavour
* I wanted to build on Gary Richardson's Aearee material and expand upon what may have happened to them
* some technology and magic! Maybe not today's society, but 1800-early 1900s - electricity and crystals
* no dragons. I might not have mentioned it originally, but my thoughts are the Tearfall was over Faerun, so they can have dragons. But then I found a reference in the Grand History of the Realms of Elves turning west and encountering dragons. I am thinking of making it that there were some dragons but they have died out.

I might not make it humans that are doing the technology, but instead dwarves or gnomes, maybe even a dwarf/human hybrid or even a dwarf/gnome hybrid.

But, again, not upset at all. If no-one else replies, I will take my little version and play with it elsewhere for the time.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  10:22:56  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maransreth

quote:

I will say, I'm not fond of that. Please don't be upset.

Definitely not upset sleyvas, I knew my vision would not be what most people are looking for when I have searched for Anchorome online.

The reason I am envisioning this is many-fold:
* Why should Faerun be the most technologically advanced (Europe)?
* Why should Anchorome be North/South America just because it is to the west of Faerun?
* Everything below the City of Gold area has some material and is Native American and equivalent to the south in flavour
* I wanted to build on Gary Richardson's Aearee material and expand upon what may have happened to them
* some technology and magic! Maybe not today's society, but 1800-early 1900s - electricity and crystals
* no dragons. I might not have mentioned it originally, but my thoughts are the Tearfall was over Faerun, so they can have dragons. But then I found a reference in the Grand History of the Realms of Elves turning west and encountering dragons. I am thinking of making it that there were some dragons but they have died out.

I might not make it humans that are doing the technology, but instead dwarves or gnomes, maybe even a dwarf/human hybrid or even a dwarf/gnome hybrid.

But, again, not upset at all. If no-one else replies, I will take my little version and play with it elsewhere for the time.

I get the idea of not recreating North/South America, and also wanting to explore Aearee culture. However, that being said, I do like an exploration of a land where "the Great Spirits" is more prevalent but it not being a magic hating society (the Uthgardt idea is great, but their fear of magic and hatred of wizardry/society can be a problem). I personally though don't want to see a hidden

So, I'd like to have more of an idea of what you're considering technology. What I can't see is one human culture existing with a decent technological ability existing right alongside cultures with technological capabilities that are pretty much still stone age unless there's some really good reason that the two cultures haven't interacted. I also don't necessarily want to throw out the works that were done previously.

That being said, we don't exactly know what percentage of Anchorome transferred to Toril and what may have stayed, because people weren't going there. So, I see if you wanted to do something like that, it would likely be from Abeir.

I will say too that I'm kind of wanting to develop what you're looking at doing in another way (not necessarily electricity, but perhaps a people trying to learn to blend technomagic). Basically, in the City of Gold area, I'm wanting to bring in "refugees" from the Chultan peninsula and "expatriates" from Thay. The idea being that Thay setup a trade enclave in Fort Flame and claimed a large bit of land outside of the city proper. They also setup trade enclaves in the Chultan peninsula in Samarach, Thindol, and Tashalar. They setup Clandestine portals between all of these new trade enclaves. When the transfer happens, those places transfer as well (i.e. they didn't "sink), but they get overrun by Abeir. However, the portals allowed the Thayan enclaves to maintain communication. So, in what is a time of extreme uncertainty, these people know that at least this enclave in Anchorome isn't being overrun (because they're not hearing good things from the enclaves in Soorenar, Cimbar, Messsemprar, or the little one in Chondath, and Nimbral is going isolationist).

So, when the hordes start invading the Chultan cities, the one in Thindol that has Gondsmen setting up assembly line metal factories using water mills starts evacuating people to the Thayan trade enclave. Maybe they're pretty successful and manage to save something like two thousand people, but only by stressing the portal and "burning it out" so that it starts malfunctioning. These Gondsmen start talking with their expatriate Thayan benefactors, and the two discuss the lost sword making facility. The Thayans note they'd like to setup something similar, but for something much more basic.... nails, hammers, saw blades, chisels... because they all want to build homes. Sometime over say the next ten to twenty years, the enclaves in Tashalar(city of Tashluta) and Samarach (city of Samargol) also fall to Abeiran forces, and having established an evacuation plan using the trade enlave portals, a decent number of people escape over month long sieges by the enemy (say hundreds evacuating daily, leading to tens of thousands leaving the cities and taking valued resources with them). The expatriate red wizards also aid these evacuations in other methods, helping to "gut" these cities before they fall

Working with Seethyr's ideas, the Faerunian colonies in Maztica that were basically dependent on Faerun all start getting overrun and many of their people flee to Fort Flame (because they don't trust the Thayan enclave). However, the Thayans have been building up resources in their little enclave for the last ten years, because their people are fleeing the Thayan civil war. The "Balduran Bay trade enclave", as it has become known, has a lot of people who came here with the idea of developing a new home for themselves already. So, when another refugee people shows up, they already kind of have a plan in place. In doing this, Fort Flame gets strong, but it and the Balduran Bay Trade Enclave have something of a split developing over who needs to be "in charge".

Also, prior to the Spellplague (in the 1370's) the Balduran Bay enclave sent groups to setup small villages on the edge of the desert. They also go into the Pasocada Basin and begin exploring the ruins of Esh Alakar. Both Seethyr and I were picturing this ancient city as being a connection to the Anchorome Underdark and a superdungeon. Here's where I differ. Since noone in the area wants to approach this city at all, the expatriate Thayans clear out a portion of the dungeon with access to the cliffwall. They call this the "Esh Alakar Trade Enclave", and while it doesn't grow big in Esh Alakar itself, the name sticks. They find a portal there to a hidden secret in the desert, a place with an illusion covering it and a chasm completely isolating it. The illusion makes people walk around it. This is the ancient spelljamming facility of the spell weavers of Esh Alakar, and it still holds small glassteel spelljamming capable ships (varying from 2 man to 5 man ships)... if only the helms still functioned with the magic of the new residents.

Luckily, there's another little secret.... Zulkir Mythrella'a isn't dead. Long story short, the Zulkir of Illusion faked her death during the civil war because a little more than a decade prior she had uncovered the lost Netherese enclave of Doubloon in orbit (she renamed it Luneira). She was the reason that Thay had developed "the Quad of Thay" with its Thayan made helm (in secret coordination with Samas Kul of the Guild of Foreign Trade). She faked her death because the Zulkir of Divination, Yaphyll Sirtula, had warned her. In the two decades leading up to the Spellplague, Zulkir Mythrella'a had established good relations with the moon colonies, and agreed to help them stop "the aggressions of the surface nations of Kara-Tur and Wa" with their aid in providing information about spelljammer movements. So, Mythrella'a had been setting up poaching opportunities and a clandestine disinformation campaign for Kara-Turan dragon ships and even a Wa Tsunami with its locusts. Perhaps more importantly though, she captured Wa personnel with knowledge of spelljamming helm creation and creation of rudders of propulsion, and she did so using magical deception. So, when these personnel of Wa taught Mulan wizards how to make rudders of propulsion, they didn't know they were betraying their emperor. Mythrella'a began working through Samas Kul's network to make rudders of propulsion even prior to the civil war.

So, when a facility was discovered in the desert of anchorome containing a few hundred extremely lightweight glassteel vessels, and those enclaves reported it to Mythrella'aÖ. the were fitted with rudders of propulsion and mages capable of cloaking the ships in invisibility. These ships also helped evacuate the Chultan peninsula cities of Samargol and Tashluta. Many illusionists of Samargol went to Luneira, but the Phantasmage and his loyalists chose to settle in Balduran Bay. Similarly the Farseer of Tashluta's House of the All-Seeing Orb also goes to Balduran Bay. Some whisper that during their evacuations, both of these individuals had been infused with power from the gods, Leira and Savras respectively, to aid them in protection their people. Some even say that they temporarily housed the avatars of these gods. This led to Balduran Bay trade enclave being much less a Mulan/Rashemi refugee colony and much more diversified, as both of these individuals assumed leadership roles.

Going back in time a little bit again

The resources of Esh Alakar were extremely limited, and acquiring new land around Balduran Bay was contested by the Poscadari elves. Rather than fight, while refugees were still arriving prior to the spellplague from Thay.... they heard of a place in the far south called "Lopango, Land of Fire". Given their interests in fire, a relatively large expedition of a few thousand proceeded south on a mission of discovery (along with some newly created Metahel allies who were amazed at the trade enclaves ability to acquire ship making lumber in the treeless Poscadari basin). They setup a small defensible colony along the shore, which would eventually become the Lopango trade enclave.

In the years following the Spellplague, the people of Balduran Bay Enclave decide they need to expand their colonies, but rather than trying to fight and sieze land on the continent, they instead turn to the sea and the many small islands off Anchorome's coast. Esh Alakar never grows big, but it becomes a place for the elite to be able to study in separation, and so it draws in skilled workers. In particular, learning how to make glassteel is a very big draw for the gondsmen, and a small city of skilled craftsmen developed in the desert. Slag glass and mude made from desert sand was used to create a lake and brick dwellings, with weather magic used to turn the place from a hellhole to a decent place to live (decent, not great).

They hear from the Chessentan cities, which are evacuating before the power of Shyr, and they are fleeing to a lost city of the Shaar built into the cliff sides of the gorge of the river Shaar. (NOTE: I'm stating the Shaar went to Abeir, and that's why the Underchasm happened). The Shyrran forces don't know where they are going, and they settle in Peleverai (only to find that three Crintri princess of Dambrath with their human servitors also fled there after being stuck in the transferred Shaar while on a horse herding competition).

The Lopango enclave continues to grow, but eventual infighting over breeding with Azuposi, Kolan, Maztican, Natican, and even dark elves splits them. Half the ruling wizards want to have harems and breed a new generation of mages. Mulan and Metahel who believe in being racially pure (many of them women who don't appreciate the society developing in Lopango) leave to found colonies in Northwestern Katashaka and found the tharch of the western pridelands. Two generations later, an offshoot from this tharch, seeking a return to a slightly more decadent and power hungry life captures some other land in Eastern Katashaka and founds the tharch of New Eltabbar with the aid of wizards from Lopango, Esh Alakar, Balduran Bay, and Luneira while being led by Zulkir Yaphyll Sirtula.

This concept is a high level overview of what I've been calling the United tharchs of Toril. Each tharch is its own entity, with its own idiosyncracies and leadership. None are huge. There's infighting. Since they're so spread out, each is more concerned with their local doings. They aren't an "empire" that becomes a world threat, but they are all very willing to trade with each other. They may come to each other's aid, depending on the threat and whether they "feell that they should be able to handle it themselves, because we have other closer concerns".

I mention all this because you can get an idea of what I'm looking at having happen. I'm interested in there being some technomagic related to anchorome in relation to Esh Alakar, but I'm not exactly sure what. Perhaps development of a plant like Coliar's crispyleaf that makes a smokepowder rough equivalent possible. What drove electricity in our world to a big degree was the electric light, and continual flame makes this relatively easy. Still, if we come up with a good reason /way to show electrical use without robots and lasers, then I think it could be good (now constructs and smokepowder weapons I can get behind). Maybe they even steal technology from Abeirans, but if they do, I don't want to see it going too scifi and still technomagical. I could see artificers for instance in Esh Alakar of all 3 varieties.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 07 Aug 2020 10:33:52
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  11:41:29  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and while I'm not liking the idea of "lasers" per se, the idea of crystals fits in well with the idea of glassteel being a major change for technology. It also fits in well with the concept that spellweavers were once in Anchorome (specifically Esh Alkar, because spellweavers used chromatic disks that were like ceramic that stored spell energy. So, I like the idea that people may use some kind of "crystal" weapon that can break, but maybe it needs to be refined, like glassteel. But rather than have it say firing pulses of radiant energy that make everyone go "star wars", it does something else. Maybe they can be loaded with spells that anyone can use (maybe cantrips can be cast into it, and each "type" can only hold a certain "type" of cantrip... and its charged... and if you use the last charge it can crack... but it can be recharged maybe... each additional recharge though has a chance of "cracking the glassteel rod"). For that matter, it may not be "glassteel", but some similar material we make up that must be refined (possibly from ground down crystals mind you).

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 07 Aug 2020 11:44:38
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  12:04:09  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, also, on the idea that no dragons are here. I think we're all in agreement with the idea that very few dragons should be in Anchorome, and what few ones exist should be special cases to be considered. For instance, I may introduce a song dragon in Fort Flame who came over just prior to the spellplague. Seethyr has introduced a feathered dragon and a new turquoise dragon which was created by dragon eggs affected by the Turquoise man great spirit. There are canonically some on the islands off the coast of Anchorome. There are also some mentioned in the GHotR where it talks about a flying ship searching Balduran's landing. The idea that the great spirits work to prevent dragons getting a toehold on the continent is a good tool for that.

Now, the waters surrounding, I wouldn't mind dragon turtles or sea bound dragons being in them. It could explain why shipping between continents fails.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  12:26:47  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally, from what I wrote above, it may sound like "the Faerunians go to Abeir and thrive" to a degree. I'd like to stress that this isn't the case. Any place that "sank" or "disappeared" when 4e came about, I pretty much feel like its open game for it going to Abeir. Anything that didn't get really any coverage in 4e, I feel like its open game for it going to Abeir. Some of these places maybe went isolationist or worked with each other and come back relatively the same (as in I wouldn't touch them much as they had good development... I'm thinking Lantan, Nimbral, Halruaa for that). However, other areas... the Shaar went there, it didn't "collapse making a big hole"... Var the Golden went there in portions... Portions of Chessenta (as in parts of Cimbar, Soorenar, Akanax, Mordulkin), the eastern arm of Chondath including the city of Hlath, the wizard's reach cities of Laothkund, Tilbrand, Nethra, Teth , Samarach, Thindol, Tashalar went there in portions... since they were "off stage", portions of Ulgarth and the Utter East also went there. In these other areas, they were so small and isolated after the transfer that they were essentially "bite sized morsels" for the Abeirans. So, like I presented in the above for Tashalar, Samarach, and Thindol, the people fled and many more died. Similar happened with Chessenta, Chondath, Var, Ulgarth, and a lot of these folk converged on the shaar. I'm thinking portions of the utter east transferred, but maybe they formed an alliance of their own and were able to maintain themselves, but maybe they worked WITH the Torilians of other areas, either taking in refugees or working with the newly gathered populations elsewhere. I'd also like the wizard's reach city of Laothkund and its surrounding areas to survive and be a rallying point, but it may also include allied Abeirans that they made as friends as well, and maybe that's because there were no encroaching populations neaby.

As these places transition back, they may have other populations in them now from Abeir that might make for interesting confrontations. For instance, Cimbar having a dragonborn society and appear right next to Tchazzar's capital city

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 07 Aug 2020 12:53:05
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2020 :  17:15:59  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Giant Locust is a particularly dangerous creature found in the land of the insect men, especially when used as a mount by the mantis men who inhabit the area. Similar in some ways to the aggressive ankhegs in the area, they lack a burrow speed, but make up for it with the ability to fly.

Giant Locust (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4570667) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Giant Locust Flying. The giant locust is a large creature capable of carrying a rider. Typically mounted by mantis men, they are a quick method for them to traverse the lands of the insect men. Some believe they were engineered long ago by spellweavers. They come in a variety of colors, such as the typical green or black, to the more exotic reds, yellows, sandy browns, and even blue. Their exoskeleton proves useful in the creation of tools, weapons, and armor.

iant Locust Flying (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4570805) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 15 Aug 2020 20:04:02
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2020 :  17:29:18  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Thri-Kreen of the land of the insect men make weapons from many things, including bone, obsidian, and special ceramic materials as well.

Mantis Warrior with Bone Axes (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4571567) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Mrestos Khorvaen
Seeker

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2020 :  13:33:38  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there something alike a North-western pass in Anchorage? A easier way to travel from Sword Coast to Kara-Tur by sea? That could motivate exploration from the Hearlands.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2020 :  17:21:48  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cougar Tressym (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4575141) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2020 :  17:24:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seethyr,

Go read the thread titled, "Rakiki and the Teapot Fiend", as it pertains somewhat to Fort Flame and some kercpa from the Adusgee Forest. To note the kercpa typically don't speak Faerunian Common so well, but Rakiki is very smart. He's both a wizard and a fey warlock whose patron is Rititisk the Clever.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2020 :  14:08:36  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

I know the background story is slightly convoluted, but I put together a little article introducing a new gem dragon for Anchorome. Itís a stretch but the deity/spirit in the background story is canon from City of Gold. I hope you get some fun use out of it even if you throw 90% of it away.

https://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/321967

Hey, this may sound a little goofy, but what do you think of turquoise dragons having a beak at the end of their lips (not a full on bird's beak, but a beak like a turtle has). I feel like writing some silly stories about my kercpa Rakiki (things that haven't happened in real game play), wherein he says things "as he understands them". Its kind of to show that players may not know everything or understand everything. So, in this instance, people in Anchorome haven't SEEN dragons... and so Rakiki thinks of them as "big naked birds".... which is kind of true.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

see
Learned Scribe

222 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2020 :  04:16:43  Show Profile Send see a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mrestos Khorvaen

Is there something alike a North-western pass in Anchorage? A easier way to travel from Sword Coast to Kara-Tur by sea?

Nope. There's a passage south of Maztica, but Anchorome just keeps going north until you hit the arctic icecap.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2020 :  12:53:39  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tauric Deer (Deer Centaur) female with bow, tomahawk and maca (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582592) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Just found a better model for the top and since this was also one of my early models, thought a redo with a different look was worth the time

Antelope Tauric females with bows, macas, and stone axes (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582680) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Centaur Female Plains Leather (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582748) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 29 Aug 2020 14:50:29
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2020 :  19:33:23  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one is more the Shaar or my Katashaka, but since I tend to share that kind of info in here as well... I think it came out really pretty on the one where I did the blue leather versus the undyed leather.

Lamia or Tauric Lion Huntress with giant rat meal (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582974) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

and what the hell, this "snakewoman" which could be a lamia noble or a yuan-ti or a weresnake. Same upper model as the huntress but different weapons and coloration. Came out good I think.

Snakewoman Huntress (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4583065) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 29 Aug 2020 20:56:56
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2020 :  23:17:04  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We had been discussing two separate groups of bear folk <Urskans> (one polar bear group that ends up being more warlike, angry, and proud... the other is more laid back, living in a non arctic area on the west-northwestern portion of the Adusgi (Adusgee) Forest above the Kaaya'yeeda land which is filled with giant beasts. Here's a first attempt at two models. Will probably make some of the polar bear ones wearing bronze armor in a couple days, as I picture them as farther north but with better "tech" than the people living south. Picturing Bronze level tech utilizing available copper and tin. The ones further south trade for metal when they can, but no mines available. The polar bear ones enslave anyone they can to work their mines (and eat the slaves that die).

Belloo the Black, Defender of the Honey Hole- Bearfolk Druid with Staff of the Honey Hive and Log Shield (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4590962) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Bearfolk Axeman with Bearpaw Shield (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4589631) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2020 :  17:06:32  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exiled Prince, Baelric the Honeybane, Bearfolk Curseblade of the Frosnibone Court wielding the sword Stormblizzard (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4593218) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  00:50:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grrawlar Riverwise, Bearfolk Fish Pirate and Hunter of Giant Salmon (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4598029) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrelfolk Archer (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4597618 by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrelfolk Rogue (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4597769 by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  14:47:44  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been thinking about it... there really NEEDS to be a jackalope great spirit in Anchorome. Not sure why, but its different. He should be a dire version with wings and white fur I'm thinking. His antlers are surrounded by blue flames... or maybe snowflakes... hmmm, yeah, snowflakes.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Senior Scribe

USA
897 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  20:45:37  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Been thinking about it... there really NEEDS to be a jackalope great spirit in Anchorome. Not sure why, but its different. He should be a dire version with wings and white fur I'm thinking. His antlers are surrounded by blue flames... or maybe snowflakes... hmmm, yeah, snowflakes.

I like the creature but not itís name, as it seemed to have been developed as a bit of a gag.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  22:51:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

quote:

I like the creature but not itís name, as it seemed to have been developed as a bit of a gag.

Yeah, that's a decent point, though when you say the name, people know what it is. There IS another name for these creatures. It comes from the alps, and it has them winged. Wolpertinger. Between the two names, I am not sure which sounds less weird to my ear. Then again, some other mixture of jack rabbit and elk, caribou, deer, moose could work instead of antelope (rabbibou? jelk? rabbeer? rabboose?)

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Master of Realmslore

USA
1363 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  23:58:54  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe maransreth,

I dig what you're putting down, but at the same time, I think it is just re-envisioning what technology is in terms of Toril. It almost sounds like you are shooting for an Atlantis form of crystal-like magics, which would be the technology. I don't dislike the idea, so much as I feel there would need to be a barrier in how it manifests so it stays clear of the real world in keeping that distance for us to suspend reality for our games. :)

Thoughts?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  18:06:41  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Onyx Elk

A creature of larger size than standard elks, but not nearly as large as giant elks, nor nearly as rare. These beasts, while possessing the earthly flesh and fur of an elk, seemingly have some form of ties to the element of earth. Their bones and antlers are made of the stone known as chalcedony, or more commonly onyx, and comes in a variety of colors, ranging from black, brown, red, pale yellow, and white or more commonly contorted mixtures thereof, with their fur typically coming in a similar but slightly different shade. Their antlers and hooves are jagged and razor sharp, and they are often hunted by Poscadari elves more for their bones and antlers than their meat, but no part of this beast is left to waste. Unlike their herbivorous cousins, onyx elk are omnivores, and they will attack and kill, as well as eat those who would hunt them. Their diet consists not only of eating meat, but also bone, much of which is then turned into the stone which fills their bodies. Typically onyx elk prey on other predators, for instance they may hunt large cats or wolves which prey on normal elks. Its for this reason that many shatjan keep onyx elks amongst their normal herds of deer, elk, and caribou.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 17 Sep 2020 18:50:28
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2020 :  22:24:02  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Filgar Fishclaw, Bearfolk Barbarian of the Frozen North (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4600445) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Snoefer Selkiescourge, "The Cold Justice", Bearfolk Vengeance Seeker (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4601261) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 19 Sep 2020 21:00:06
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9635 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2020 :  15:47:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wildleaf Stag of the Adusgee Forest : This unusual form of reindeer possesses horns and hooves of evergrowing wood, as well as a coat not of fur, but rather leaves. In the spring and summer, these leaves are a vibrant green, but in the fall they turn rich reds, browns, and oranges. In the winter, they do not lose their wooden antlers, but they do lose all of their leaves, revealing a pale white fibrous skin. These creatures are notedly hard to track for their natural ability to pass without trace. They also possess a latent ability to perform the druidcraft cantrip, but only in the form of making seeds sprout, flowers bloom, etc.... Their fecal matter is a prized fertilizer, and the snow elves of the north like to trim their leaves before they fall off for winter in order to treat them alchemically to be woven into armor. There are at least three different varieties of Wildleaf stag, each variety possessing different druidic powers in relation to plants, but all seem to possess an ability to transport via plant. These creatures are primarily found in the northwestern portion of the forest, near Raelkath's Sprout, but a large number of them also appear in the vale currently held by the Abeil in the center of the forest.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000