Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Stormkeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Qilintha
Seeker

76 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  17:07:25  Show Profile Send Qilintha a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings all, I was just reading the Questions to the almighty Ed and he mentions the story of the "Ghost Dragon" Araunthroun

Link here:http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15988&whichpage=38

This almost 3000 years old dragon, according to Ed, lived in the Fallen Lands and got help from some wizards to achieve immortality by draining magic from magic items ( So I'd say Shadow Weave wizards since it's a very much improved version of what a shadowslain undead creature can do). And then I noticed how also in the Fallen Lands lies Stormkeep , an huge tower accessible only through Portal or by flying...
Could it be the place where those wizards back then conceived such a ritual on the dragon...and...also the place where Araunthroun studies a way to gain back a tangible powerful body.

According to the forgotten wiki Stormkeep is often visited by dragons for healing ( that could have been always the same...as from what Ed says Araunthroun changes size when regaining form and its translucency might , from a distance fool on the scale colour during different moments of the day...or actually Araunthroun changing his shape in order to hide such a location as one of his lairs ( He was called Shapechanger after all). Also inside the Keep several vats holding limbs( human or not) in translucent oils with incredible healing powers...so it's clearly a lab of some sort...I'd love to direct my question to Ed but before doing so I wanted to hear the opinion from others much more creative, knowleadgeable intuitive sages to know if I might be onto something.

Stormkeep link here : https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Stormkeep

Thanks in advance for your replies ^^

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2020 :  02:35:13  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker Qilintha,

I hope this doesn't sound obtuse of me, but...

Would you mind rephrasing the questions?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Qilintha

Greetings all, I was just reading the Questions to the almighty Ed and he mentions the story of the "Ghost Dragon" Araunthroun

Link here:http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15988&whichpage=38

This almost 3000 years old dragon, according to Ed, lived in the Fallen Lands and got help from some wizards to achieve immortality by draining magic from magic items ( So I'd say Shadow Weave wizards since it's a very much improved version of what a shadowslain undead creature can do). And then I noticed how also in the Fallen Lands lies Stormkeep , an huge tower accessible only through Portal or by flying...
Could it be the place where those wizards back then conceived such a ritual on the dragon...and...also the place where Araunthroun studies a way to gain back a tangible powerful body.

According to the forgotten wiki Stormkeep is often visited by dragons for healing ( that could have been always the same...as from what Ed says Araunthroun changes size when regaining form and its translucency might , from a distance fool on the scale colour during different moments of the day...or actually Araunthroun changing his shape in order to hide such a location as one of his lairs ( He was called Shapechanger after all). Also inside the Keep several vats holding limbs( human or not) in translucent oils with incredible healing powers...so it's clearly a lab of some sort...I'd love to direct my question to Ed but before doing so I wanted to hear the opinion from others much more creative, knowleadgeable intuitive sages to know if I might be onto something.

Stormkeep link here : https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Stormkeep

Thanks in advance for your replies ^^

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000