Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Olin Gisir
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cosmar
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2019 :  06:14:37  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This 3.5 prestige class, which is basically an elf-centric Loremaster with a few differences, is outlined in Lost Empires of Faerun. It's one of my favorites and I intend for my character to become one. My question is, are there any known Olin Gisir in the realms? Who are they? How could they be contacted? It'd be cool if my character could meet one, and I've never seen it mentioned elsewhere.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2019 :  08:02:17  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LEoF provides an example Olin Gisir. I can advise that there are a few active in the environs of the High Forest and Evereska.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2376 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2020 :  01:55:55  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was there anything about them, other than that one entry in LEoF?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 10 Jan 2020 01:58:32
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2020 :  07:24:48  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

Was there anything about them, other than that one entry in LEoF?

They've never been followed up in any official product.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2020 :  08:50:59  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An Olin Gisir would make a really cool main character in a novel!

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2020 :  04:48:12  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the Olin Gisir class. My sun elf wizard/harper mage is planning on becoming one ASAP. I think one reason Olin Gisiae haven't gotten more press is because they are so similar to the generic Loremaster (with a few key differences), excepting the fluff. But I do think they deserve more attention, considering how big a deal so many old elven secrets are to the Realms. It makes 100% sense for the elves to devote an entire specific spellcasting faction to guarding and keeping elven secrets safe from the world (and the world safe from them).

Edited by - Cosmar on 11 Jan 2020 05:24:46
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2376 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2020 :  19:53:35  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmar

I love the Olin Gisir class. My sun elf wizard/harper mage is planning on becoming one ASAP.

This sounds like infiltration conflict of interests.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2020 :  20:01:58  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I can go digging around my portable hard drive if you want, I should still have it, me and another poster here expanded them into a Harper-esque group, making them more protectors/watchkeepers of knowledge, expanding their utility to non-spellcasters.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2020 :  22:04:06  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My main PC is an Olin Gisir so I am also interested
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000