Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Nimesin & Nimesin
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  15:37:34  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello fellow scribes

Kymil Nimesin p. 146 or Kymil Nymesin pp. 135 & 154 Grand History of the Realms
is probably the same character than
Kymil Nimesin from Heroes' Lorebook, Villains' Lorebook & The Code of the Harpers
I think it's just a typo

What about this one :
Kimel Nimesin died in mysterious circumstances in 1361 - City of Splendours- Secrets of the City pp 4 & 10
Another typo or a completely different character ? and if different, which connection ? same family ?

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.

Edited by - Asharak on 02 Jul 2019 15:54:13

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  19:01:36  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I *think* those are all the same person and Nymesin is a typo.

For the 1361 reference, that refers likely to the events of Elfshadow which is 1361, when Kymil should have been executed for regicide and mass murder of Harpers. However, because contrivance and terrible writing, he was "imprisoned" instead of executed and brought back in Evermeet the novel, which was written after the City of Splendours set I believe. Likely this results in the incorrect note you mentioned in the City of Splendours boxed set. If he was executed by the royal family of Evermmet or the Harpers for his absolutely heinous crimes, it would have been written as "died in mysterious circumstances" to the public as to protect the secret of the elfgate. But yeah, this is my opinion on the names.

Edited by - Seravin on 02 Jul 2019 19:02:39
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  02:02:16  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Humans are so bad at transcribing elven names.
Not the first typo, not the last.
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

1361, when Kymil should have been executed for regicide and mass murder of Harpers. However, because contrivance and terrible writing, he was "imprisoned" instead of executed

The corporate crew who gets a say in plot used to have "grand ideas" now and then.
In-universe… well, elves remember about glorious elven afterlife, so the way they see, simply beheading a guy is way too easy. Thus the inclination for trying to curse, bury alive etc those they really hate so the enemy would "writhe" for a long while.
They let Bran stew too, for that matter.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  07:51:07  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Harpers kill former Harpers for going renegade (souce: the Code of the Harpers and the Curse of the Shadowmage novel) so I doubt they would let Kymil live murdering 20 senior Harpers and framing innocent Arilyn (and the Harper's tried and retro-actively imprisoned him); regardless of the elves saying it's fine to imprison someone who murdered our KING. Also, I doubt given the Moonflower family's connection to the Elven pantheon that someone who murdered the King would get a glorious elven afterlife, and Kymil would be in a very bad place in death. More so since he made a pact with Lloth. It was contrivance. There is no in universe explanation.

Also, the "need" to keep Kymil alive to go to trial when the FR has speak with dead spells and detect truth spells and rings (used in City of Ravens the novel at a trial) is ridiculous. Arilyn straight up killed what 6 other sun elves that day in Evereska? Sigh.

Edited by - Seravin on 03 Jul 2019 07:53:04
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2020 :  02:54:46  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Asharak,

Leira is afoot it would seem. Those are typo's.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

Hello fellow scribes

Kymil Nimesin p. 146 or Kymil Nymesin pp. 135 & 154 Grand History of the Realms
is probably the same character than
Kymil Nimesin from Heroes' Lorebook, Villains' Lorebook & The Code of the Harpers
I think it's just a typo

What about this one :
Kimel Nimesin died in mysterious circumstances in 1361 - City of Splendours- Secrets of the City pp 4 & 10
Another typo or a completely different character ? and if different, which connection ? same family ?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000