Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Mages And Sages Podcast
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2021 :  22:09:22  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. The crew is getting together tomorrow night for a Random Realmslore discussion. So if you have any questions, please post them here. Obviously, questions like “tell me everything about Netheril” are going to be difficult to handle so something a little more specific would be better. Oh, and if you are asking about post-Spellplague lore, we’ll be guessing, just like the rest of you. Cheers.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 01 Apr 2021 22:10:19
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2021 :  01:08:20  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Hi everyone. The crew is getting together tomorrow night for a Random Realmslore discussion. So if you have any questions, please post them here. Obviously, questions like “tell me everything about Netheril” are going to be difficult to handle so something a little more specific would be better. Oh, and if you are asking about post-Spellplague lore, we’ll be guessing, just like the rest of you. Cheers.

I don't have any questions I can think of right now, but I definitely appreciate the heads-up.

You have an idea what time this cast is scheduled to start (and what time that would be in a civilized time zone )?

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2021 :  05:09:06  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow night (Friday) 8pm Eastern.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2021 :  07:32:36  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

— George Krashos

I suppose "why do the gods not speak of Auramycos" would be a similarly barred question XD

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2021 :  11:39:19  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I got one. I wonder if any chance details could be shared on the reportedly city-dwelling lizardfolk that reside beneath the Plains of the Purple Dust. Lizardfolk choosing to dwell beneath a harsh and dry desert seems like a quite peculiar choice for a race that nearly always reside in wetlands with ready access to water. How did they end up there?
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2021 :  00:31:25  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of questions.

How do drow houses in a Lolthite society become ennobled? Would you be able to provide examples of what must generally be done or what have been done to become ennobled?

From Polyhedron 64 in the Current Clack section: Daern Claundon, a famous dwarven adventurer of the Sword Coast North, found a lost dwarven city (Arauvuddelve according to the FR Interactive Atlas) in the region known as the Mosstrunks, south of The Vale of Lost Voices. Could you tell us more about this place please?

Thanks all! :)

Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2021 :  00:47:50  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Excellent podcast last night, kudos to those Mages and Sages involved!

For anyone who missed it, I'm sure it will be archived on the M&S YouTube page eventually, but it can be viewed now at the Mages & Sages Twitch VOD!

AJA
YAFRP

Edited by - AJA on 04 Apr 2021 00:48:16
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2021 :  00:55:46  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have some Dalelands related questions.

The FR Interactive Atlas lists the Seat of Bane, SE of Abarat's Folly. Is this a temple or some sort of holy site?

This is a bit general, but could you tell us a bit about dwarven society and how it's structured. A dwarven kingdom I'm guessing is run differently than a human monarchy. Like are the mines commonly owned by all, how does the tax structure work, etc? To keep with the Dalelands theme, would Anathar's Dell or Glen work as the location(s)?

With The Citadel of the Raven and Zhentil Keep being in ruins, this seems like a rather big problem. What's to protect the Dalelands from orc and ogre hordes sweeping south?

Do you have any clan names for the elven and dwarven leaders that were wiped out during the Dark Court Slaughter? Drow and duergar clan/family names would rock too. Were they from Maerimydra and the duergar city rumored to be under Zhentil Keep or elsewhere?

When was Maerimydra founded?

Go to Top of Page

JEThetford
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2021 :  02:22:57  Show Profile  Visit JEThetford's Homepage Send JEThetford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These are some of the things Ed shared tonight on the podcast for Mages and Sages.

Secrets of the Dales:

FEATHERDALE
This pastoral farming breadbasket of a dale has managed to remain independent of ambitious interests in Scardale (several of them sponsored by Zhentarim merchants angling to “own” a dale that they can use as a stepping-stone to dominate or outright conquer dale after dale, and so both squeeze Hillsfar into subjugation, and stop Sembia’s influence and likely northerly advance) in part because of an unlikely alliance: a silver dragon (Eievendavalar, who dwells in Featherdale posing as the brisk but elderly human herbalist/scents-and-salves-maker Shavvara Hilmur, of Feather Falls, who has a sideline in selling new wagonwheels to needy traveling merchants) working with doppelgangers who take various human guises to act as spies and covert “dirty-tricks agents” (because they like their easy, abundant-food lives in Featherdale, and want nothing to change) and with a green hag (“Old” Ammrys Narveld, who dwells in rural western Featherdale as a human crone, on her increasingly-overgrown, “sucking-bog”-dominated farm where she grows and sells mushrooms and distills birch sap for sweets and as a cooking syrup) to scare away, maim, or arrange permanent, mysterious “disappearances” for said ambitious Scardalers.
Featherar have no idea that this alliance is in their midst or protecting them, but it has recently assassinated a Red Wizard of Thay who was spying out the area for unknown but likely new-Thayan-base reasons, a spy from Hillsfar who was trying to blackmail several locally popular but debt-ridden Featheren farmers on the orders of Malkyn Grenefeld, Chamberlain of Hillsfar, and the entire nine-strong Cantobele Cloak, a Calishite adventuring band hired by the Sembian merchant Alvur Archvuer (“ARCH-voor”) of Saerloon to stealthily take over governance of Featherdale by magically influencing (and just plain threatening, in private) various influential Featherar elders; the Cloak is known to have murdered the farmer Haels Ammurzun of Westfeather (a hamlet west of Blackfeather Bridge) and the baker and cordial-maker “Mother” Marra Danthorl of Blackfeather Bridge.

POOL OF YEVEN
The statue of Mystra (tall, thin, tapering darkstone gowned smiling woman with her upper head composed of seven interlocked stars, her hands raised as if to catch something large, like a basket of laundry), at the Pool of Yeven, was guarded in person by the avatar of the god Azuth during the Time of Troubles (see FRE2, Shadowdale). This occurred because the statue was not only a key Weave anchor, it stands over a vault that contains vestiges of both Azuth and Mystra, so it’s crucial to their survival.

RELSHAR
Relshar, the delicious edible mushrooms found in the Yevenwood in Battledale, are spreading rapidly, especially south into Sembia, but also west into the woods.
A relshar mushroom is a chestnut-brown, large (adult human palm-sized or up to twice that big), durable (almost like leather when raw; doesn’t easily tear or break, though it can easily be twisted off its lighter beige stem, or uprooted in one piece) mushroom that grows up to eight inches in height, usually in clumps. It tastes very like buttery beef; that is, like roast beef or beef gravy, and it gives off not just water as it cooks, but a greasy secretion that it can be fried in, as if you were frying in butter (but without the butter). In addition to all this, if you keep harvested relshar covered (away from direct, bright sunlight), they keep for more than a tenday before either rotting (too damp) or withering (too dry), and so make an ideal market-sale crop.

THE TATTERED MAGE
A wizshade “haunts” the ruins of Castle Grimstead (drow-destroyed Castle Greatstead) in Shadowdale, and whenever threatened, he “winks out” and translocates (teleports) to Castle Krag in Shadowdale, or to one of several ruins in Myth Drannor, or to one of the northernmost Ghost Holds (overgrown, abandoned mansions) in Battledale (where his deliberately-menacing appearances have scared a Sembian would-be rebuilder of the mansion, Graust Haevurmurth of Selgaunt, into abandoning it and fleeing), or one of several abandoned “watchkeeps” in the Thunder Peaks and Desertsmouth Mountains.
This wizshade appears as a tall, thin man in a gray, incredibly-tattered (it’s frayed into hundreds of ragged strips) robe, who stands silently watching, unless attacked—whereupon he typically starts blinking rapidly around an area, always fetching up momentarily close behind, or disconcertingly nose-to-nose with, those who’ve attacked him. He’s what’s become of one of Vangerdahast’s apprentices, Ralvur Summerwood, an ambitious War Wizard from Suzail who in 1365 DR went on a daring mission to Castle Grimstead where he got caught in a spell-duel with several Zhentarim mages—and “went silent,” and was presumed destroyed by Cormyr (he slew several of the Zhents, but was caught in the backlash of one of his own battle-spells when it collided with hostile magics hurled by three foes, and vaporized; they thought they’d destroyed him, but he coalesced again, several nights later, as a wizshade).
It’s thought by War Wizards investigating since that Ralvur appears in ruins he explored while on War Wizard business, and liked; he’s been left to continue his existence as a useful guardian/deterrent to keep Zhent, Sembian, and Hillsfarian opportunists from seizing and rebuilding properties in the dales that their occupations of which would lessen Cormyr’s influence and reach.

The only good Drow, is a dead Drow.

Aaomas Balkrim, Drow Hunter

Edited by - JEThetford on 17 Apr 2021 03:40:33
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2021 :  03:43:20  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome podcast tonight. Hope I didn't ask too many questions. I can never decide what to choose out of the 20 some that I can always dig up.

Thanks all.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2021 :  17:22:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JEThetford

POOL OF YEVEN
The statue of Mystra (tall, thin, tapering darkstone gowned smiling woman with her upper head composed of seven interlocked stars, her hands raised as if to catch something large, like a basket of laundry), at the Pool of Yeven, was guarded in person by the avatar of the god Azuth during the Time of Troubles (see FRE2, Shadowdale). This occurred because the statue was not only a key Weave anchor, it stands over a vault that contains vestiges of both Azuth and Mystra, so it’s crucial to their survival.

I suspected the statue was a Weave anchor -- I've suggested it here, in the past -- but it's nice to have that confirmation.

The vestiges part is new.

Edit: Okay, maybe I didn't suggest Weave anchor before... I can't find the reference, if I did. But I've long suspected that there was great significance and even power linked to that statue. Weave anchor just makes sense.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 17 Apr 2021 17:45:56
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2021 :  00:54:00  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Awesome podcast tonight. Hope I didn't ask too many questions. I can never decide what to choose out of the 20 some that I can always dig up.

There is no such thing as "too many questions" when it comes to that group. Questions keep them focused. Left to their own devices they inevitably start ranting about gnomes and Impiltur, and no one wants to hear about that

I do second the awesome podcast kudos, once again. Definitely looking forward to the next one, also!

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2021 :  14:53:40  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes it was fun if somewhat meandering. A big thanks to Eilserus for his questions. It would be nice if more people provided questions ahead of time to give us a chance to consider them in detail and provide a more fulsome response. I suspect we are headed back to Waterdeep for our next get-together so ask away about the City of Splendors.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2021 :  16:27:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I apparently discovered an Untold Secret of the Realms, in regards to Waterdeep, so I'm definitely wanting more information...

quote:

@Greysil_Tassyr

Over the millennia, Waterdeep has drawn elves, dragons, humans, drow, dwarves, wizards galore, other sorts -- even before there was a city to attract them. Countless beings, all in one spot.

Is there a Weave anchor there, or something else pulling in all these folks?

@TheEdVerse

Alert! Alert! Untold Secret Of The Realms Stumbled Over!

I suspect I'll run headfirst into an NDA on that one, but I'm trying anyway -- I'd like any info I can get on this!

On a related note, since there's also a Celestial Staircase there, it makes me wonder if there's something significant about the sites of those... We know there's a Weave anchor in Shadowdale, and a Staircase there, and there's something going on in Waterdeep, also the site of a Staircase (or a connection to the Staircase, whatever the case may be).

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 19 Apr 2021 18:34:23
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2021 :  20:49:17  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I love listening to the podcast obviously and I got questions plenty if you have any need.

1: Cyclops and their lore in the Forgotten Realms doesn't look to be that much explored. Shining South 3rd tells us that there are cyclops in the Walls of Halruaa and the Dustwall around the Shining Lands. Are there, or have there been any cyclops kingdoms of note? Have they left any settlements or ruins to speak of in those areas?

2: I also wonder about the Endless Wastes. If I'm not mistaken, this region does exist in Ed's original homebrew world, but I really doubt that the Tuigan exist in his world, or exist as "psuedo-Mongols". If not the Tuigan, who are the main inhabitants of the Endless Wastes, and also who form the major threats of the region? Is there a large grey orc presence there?

Edited by - deserk on 20 Apr 2021 00:50:50
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2021 :  09:34:15  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deserk

Well I love listening to the podcast obviously and I got questions plenty if you have any need.

1: Cyclops and their lore in the Forgotten Realms doesn't look to be that much explored. Shining South 3rd tells us that there are cyclops in the Walls of Halruaa and the Dustwall around the Shining Lands. Are there, or have there been any cyclops kingdoms of note? Have they left any settlements or ruins to speak of in those areas?

2: I also wonder about the Endless Wastes. If I'm not mistaken, this region does exist in Ed's original homebrew world, but I really doubt that the Tuigan exist in his world, or exist as "psuedo-Mongols". If not the Tuigan, who are the main inhabitants of the Endless Wastes, and also who form the major threats of the region? Is there a large grey orc presence there?

Well, I was kind of hoping for Waterdeep questions to stay on theme - - but we'll keep these ones up our sleeves till we head east.

Oh, and re cyclops, have a dig through the 2E Pirates of Fallen Stars sourcebook. There's at least one featured on one of the Pirate Isles.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2021 :  12:46:05  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AJA
Left to their own devices they inevitably start ranting about gnomes and Impiltur, and no one wants to hear about that

Exactly my point!

I just want George to finally finish his Impiltur sourcebook so that we can finally stop talking about it.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Qilintha
Seeker

76 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2021 :  17:49:59  Show Profile Send Qilintha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello there, loving your podcasts, I have few questions.

What were the main drow houses that used to live during Kyorlamshin times. Any interesting lore about them?

Can you tell anything about Ahgharion and its tower?

Can you tell anything about the "Lord of Bones" Shradin Mulopour, what happened to him in the Underhalls? What happened to his clone?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2021 :  19:42:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I apparently discovered an Untold Secret of the Realms, in regards to Waterdeep, so I'm definitely wanting more information...

quote:

@Greysil_Tassyr

Over the millennia, Waterdeep has drawn elves, dragons, humans, drow, dwarves, wizards galore, other sorts -- even before there was a city to attract them. Countless beings, all in one spot.

Is there a Weave anchor there, or something else pulling in all these folks?

@TheEdVerse

Alert! Alert! Untold Secret Of The Realms Stumbled Over!

I suspect I'll run headfirst into an NDA on that one, but I'm trying anyway -- I'd like any info I can get on this!

On a related note, since there's also a Celestial Staircase there, it makes me wonder if there's something significant about the sites of those... We know there's a Weave anchor in Shadowdale, and a Staircase there, and there's something going on in Waterdeep, also the site of a Staircase (or a connection to the Staircase, whatever the case may be).

In addition to this... Approximately how deep are the Warrens, how extensive are they, and roughly how many folk are down there? Are there shops and inns and taverns down there, or just homes and common areas?

Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2021 :  22:41:23  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Assorted Mages & Sages,

Can you tell us anything of the bard Talashambar of the Flame Tabard (mentioned in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep). Specifically the origin of the 'Flaming Tabard' part: family sigil, magic item, self-promotion, or particularly embarrassing incident?

Do any of the docks and wharves of Waterdeep (other than 'Smuggler's Dock', of course) have official-names or common-names? Like the "West India Docks" of London or "Fisherman's Wharf" in various places. And if so, what are they and how did they come to be named? (preferably in the 1300s timeframe, if it matters).

And the answer is probably 'left up to the reader,' but after the events of the short story "The Eye of the Dragon" from the anthology Realms of Magic, what would Ed say became of Ambreene Hawkwinter, wearer of the titular artifact and newly-apprenticed to the Blackstaff?

Finally, I know I've asked this before but I'll post it again, just in case:
quote:
Originally posted by AJA
Is Ambra, the half-elven sometime-prostitute and creator of the spell Ambra's Kiss (from your '06 Ask Ed replies, 22 Nov 2006 specifically) the same person as Ambra Steelthorn, masked owner of the broadsheet Full Frontal Druidity: The Broadsheet That Lays Bare Secrets Most Shocking, from your 2009 Spin-a-Yarn, Night of the Dread Pudding?

And if so, can we have more information on her? And if not, can you provide more information on both?

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd
Exactly my point!

I just want George to finally finish his Impiltur sourcebook so that we can finally stop talking about it.

People who live in Eaerlann houses shouldn't throw stones gnomes, Eric.

AJA
YAFRP

Edited by - AJA on 23 Apr 2021 22:49:07
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2021 :  23:31:04  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AJA that was beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2021 :  10:30:53  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well, I was kind of hoping for Waterdeep questions to stay on theme - - but we'll keep these ones up our sleeves till we head east.

Oh, and re cyclops, have a dig through the 2E Pirates of Fallen Stars sourcebook. There's at least one featured on one of the Pirate Isles.

-- George Krashos

Heh sorry for non-Waterdeep related ones. I can't easily come up with one, since there is already such a large amount of good written material for that city.

Thanks for the pointer to the cyclopskin of Ilthan. Wasn't aware of it. It seems I haven't looked thoroughly enough into that particular book.

Edited by - deserk on 24 Apr 2021 10:31:40
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2021 :  13:39:39  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

AJA that was beautiful.

As the target of that particular jibe, I have to agree.

Well, except that the adjectival form is "Eaerlanni." #realmslore

--
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2021 :  14:57:17  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

POOL OF YEVEN

I suspected the statue was a Weave anchor -- I've suggested it here, in the past -- but it's nice to have that confirmation.

Edit: Okay, maybe I didn't suggest Weave anchor before... I can't find the reference, if I did. But I've long suspected that there was great significance and even power linked to that statue. Weave anchor just makes sense.

Vestiges? Was there any particular description to that? I ask because that word has different connotations now as a result of the 3.5e Tome of Magic.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2021 :  14:59:28  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

quote:

POOL OF YEVEN

Vestiges? Was there any particular description to that? I ask because that word has different connotations now as a result of the 3.5e Tome of Magic.

I would assume he meant it more vaguely, as in the types of magical effects associated with Mystra / Mystryl as described in Secrets of the Magister.

--
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2021 :  15:06:58  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

quote:

POOL OF YEVEN

I would assume he meant it more vaguely, as in the types of magical effects associated with Mystra / Mystryl as described in Secrets of the Magister.

Gotcha, that was my initial thoughts, but figured I'd check. Wouldn't surprise me to find something thinning the connection between our world and elsewhere as well. Out of curiosity... the bear that was Mystra in one of Ed's Elminster books... does anyone recall if that was anywhere even remotely close to the Pool of Yeven?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2021 :  16:15:55  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A rather mundane looking chap of thin build and young features wearing a small-brimmed hat with the feather of a blue bird sticking up from its rim stepped forward from the crowd. He wore a rather smart looking vest matching his round collared shirt and pants and carried a small booklet and a pencil. "Hi, Forjeri Calumniator of the Luneiran Moon's Herald here and my readers have a few questions."
The red book on the shelf at the rear of the room cast a thought at the sai with the symbol of Auppenser that was mounted decorously upon the wall, "Its him again Lorey. What do you think he'll ask this time?"
"Egads, one can only imagine. Definitely something far fetched. Why Lady Jillian would roll over in her grave to find one such as this running a pay for print news service. The drivel he comes up with is simply meant to titillate the unlearned."
At that, a glowing blue face of a beautiful ghostly woman stuck its head through the wall to say "I heard that. No more talk of my grave, and let's give the fellow a chance. He might surprise you."

As all eyes turned towards Forjeri, he asked, "How many clones of Manshoon are currently living within a hundred miles of Waterdeep? Also, is there any truth to the rumors that one of his clones escaped the notice of his fellow clones by changing his gender, but was eventually found, and that the two Manshoons fell in love? Is it true that they had a love child together, who is now fast approaching seventy years old and has a veritable flood of grandchildren living on the outskirts of the city? Is it also true that the "mother" turned on the father after some years, in protection of this child, and that the "father" is now entrapped in a necklace?"

The ghostly face of Lady Jillian Doncastle of Neverwinter turned to the sai, Lorey Hisstory, which was giving her its version of a "deadpan stare", and said "Alright, I stand corrected."
One of the notables in the room could have sworn that he heard chuckles from the bookshelf behind him, and when he turned to look, he could have sworn he heard a mumbling that sounded like "If they only knew...."

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 24 Apr 2021 16:36:29
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2021 :  16:35:29  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Gotcha, that was my initial thoughts, but figured I'd check. Wouldn't surprise me to find something thinning the connection between our world and elsewhere as well. Out of curiosity... the bear that was Mystra in one of Ed's Elminster books... does anyone recall if that was anywhere even remotely close to the Pool of Yeven?

I would look at FRE2 - Tantras, pages 11-13 for a summary of the Pool of Yeven.

Makes me wonder who the other mages were mentioned by Azuth other than Yeven and Ashaba.

--
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2021 :  23:32:44  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AJA

quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

There is no such thing as "too many questions" when it comes to that group. Questions keep them focused. Left to their own devices they inevitably start ranting about gnomes and Impiltur, and no one wants to hear about that

I do second the awesome podcast kudos, once again. Definitely looking forward to the next one, also!

But if Iyachtu Xvim is wandering Impiltur handing out girl scout cookies that turn people into evil gnomes, we might need to talk more about that don't we? At least I think I remember something about cookies and gnomes. :)
Go to Top of Page

Qilintha
Seeker

76 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2021 :  02:30:19  Show Profile Send Qilintha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the Blackstaff novel, at the beginning there are a lot of interesting items/artifacts whom I'd love to know more about :

The Fanged Tome of Lykanthus Szar, Alaundo’s loop, Annals Adamarus, goblet made of glacial ice and embedded with rubies , its content steaming hot.

As much as I'd love to know everything about all of those items I'll try to be not too greedy XD . Is it possible to have a physical description of Alaundo's loop at least?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000