Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Help brainstorming a short adventure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Khaelieth
Learned Scribe

103 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2019 :  11:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Khaelieth's Homepage Send Khaelieth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, I have a player who had to miss a fair few sessions, so his character went into hibernation. His character, a Warlock, was last seen taking control of a section of the defences of Zhentil Keep during the Night of Crystal and Iron (DR 1369), but resurfacing a few days later with a keg of ale. The rest of the party is only a few days forward, but what I need to fill in is the few days between.

Essentially, I'm at a bit of a loss. How does he get this keg? I'm thinking maybe saving children from an inn that's on fire, but I'd like something more interesting. He's also an undercover member of the Zhentarim.

Also known on other forums as ChazSexington, Kusghuul, and Claudius.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2019 :  12:08:45  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well a keg can come from many places. Winning in a game of chance was first that occurred to me.

Though as undercover might have received as pay for information or even part of cover story.

Could have found or stolen it as well, purchase it. Maybe even worked for it in brewery.

In part hard to give simple answer because do not know enough about nature of character or associates, etc.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Khaelieth
Learned Scribe

103 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2019 :  13:17:15  Show Profile  Visit Khaelieth's Homepage Send Khaelieth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Well a keg can come from many places. Winning in a game of chance was first that occurred to me.

Though as undercover might have received as pay for information or even part of cover story.

Could have found or stolen it as well, purchase it. Maybe even worked for it in brewery.

In part hard to give simple answer because do not know enough about nature of character or associates, etc.

He's an undercover member of the Zhentarim in Zhentil Keep during the Siege of Zhentil Keep. He's not particularly evil, he's just looking out for #1. He doesn't particularly trust his party (most of whom are undercover somethings the others don't know about).

He's a pretty blank slate, as we decided, as most of the players are new, to keep it simple and rather flesh things out about their backstory as we go along.

Also known on other forums as ChazSexington, Kusghuul, and Claudius.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000