Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Looking for a Planar Adventure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2019 :  17:12:36  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I don't think this has a direct link to the Realms. But maybe the sages here will be able to point my to a name off my description.

I'm pretty sure this adventure was older before 3E. The party has to go off to a planar prison to speak with a captured... demi-god? Who is being guarded by a... Titan? I want to say the party is after some word/name? that's vanished throughout the multiverse.

Does this ring a bell for anyone here?

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2019 :  20:18:59  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could be 'Vortex of Madness and Other Planar Perils'. If not Maybe Tales From The Infinite Staircase.
Go to Top of Page

Balmar Foghaven
Learned Scribe

Canada
124 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  04:43:19  Show Profile Send Balmar Foghaven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably not at all what you are looking for, but your question reminded me of the chapter in Neverwinter Nights (pc game) in which you travel to the eighth hell of Cana to free the knower of true names from the ice, imprisoned by Mephistopheles.

"Despair not, for in the end all things shall work out for the best - in at least one timeline."
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  10:44:05  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could it be that the original post is looking for "For Duty and Deity"?

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/17576/For-Duty--Deity-2e

The goddess Waukeen was kept as a "guest" by Grazzt in his realm of the Abyss while trying to find a way to re-ascend to her divine realm during the Time of Troubles.

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  12:55:09  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Based on the clues, it seems like this might be “Hard Time” in The Well of Worlds, which involves the PCs being tasked with tracking down a petitioner (dead soul) that was acceidentally sent to Carceri (the Red Prison), and is being held by the titan Crius.
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  14:05:38  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh it's currently on discount at DMsGuild in both PDF and physical softcover.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/17269/Well-of-Worlds-Planescape-2e?term=well+

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  19:30:10  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All good guesses but sadly checked them all and none were it. Thought "Vortex of Madness and Other Planar Perils" was close but nope. I checked "Dawn of the Overmind", "Nightmare Keep" and "The Great Modron March" as well.

Thought I might be on to something with "Dead Gods", it has The Last Word, but still missing that prison scene that I remember.

Checked Negative:
Dawn of the Overmind
Dead Gods
For Duty and Deity
The Great Modron March
Nightmare Keep
Tales From The Infinite Staircase
Vortex of Madness and Other Planar Perils
The Well of Worlds

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  19:45:13  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's what you are remembering, but "Wells of Darkness", which I wrote for Dungeon #148, sort of fits the bill you describe.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  21:27:15  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not it either, thanks for trying Eric. I was starting to fear it might be in a magazine and my likelihood of finding it would be minuscule.

I was in luck I branched out, started search 3E and found it, "Bastion of Broken Souls". It is pre-3.5E. A quest for level 18+ characters, a god is locked away in Pandemonium, the entry is guarded by a Planetar and a Solar, who doubles as the gate into the prison. The god had been "downgraded" to a Titan who could cast spells as a level 20 wizard.

Thank you everyone for their help narrowing it down. I find it kind of amusing how many products have similar ideas.

Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  22:07:47  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I don't think it's what you are remembering, but "Wells of Darkness", which I wrote for Dungeon #148, sort of fits the bill you describe.

--Eric

I’m off topic, but mentioning this brought back some great memories. The use of the Wells to connect to Binders and vestiges was one of my favorite moments of 3.5. My binder went on a mission to pick up every tooth of Dahlver Nal after reading through this one. I miss the adventure paths dearly.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000