Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Scythian-like horsemen people in FR?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2019 :  04:45:55  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
For my FR campaign, I wanted to incorporate a people resembling the historical Scythian horsemen people/nation (kinda Indo-European and proto-Slavic).

I do not want them to resemble the Tuigan peoples of the Hordelands (which are described more like Mongolian-Turkic cultures) because the Mongol-like Tuigans of the Hordelands are very clearly described and fleshed out.

So, where do I place the (above) Scythian-like raiders in (contemporary 5E) Faerun? Would they be the an offshoot of the Rashemen? Semphar? Maybe Raumviran?

Thanks for input.

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3695 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2019 :  03:19:40  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say the Nars would fit what you are looking for perhaps...but my choice would be the Barbarians of The Ride.

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2431 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2019 :  00:58:56  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the barbarians of The Ride as well.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3695 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2019 :  01:23:11  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

I was thinking the barbarians of The Ride as well.

The cover of the old grey box really could have been right out of "scythia" I feel.

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2019 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000