Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 FR Podcast
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
8008 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  23:20:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

We did address the question but you'll have to wait for the podcast. I suspect it won't necessarily be the response you would have preferred.

-- George Krashos

Ah, its fine, we've debated whether Katashaka is the big land mass or the smaller one to the east (that's the only big thing that might mess with me... and its easy enough to say that the people that settled it messed up.... look at Columbus and Indians). Unless the response is one more of "I'd like to leave it open for development" or "I can't because of an NDA" or somesuch. Anyway, it would just hopefully be good to finalize on some things.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
8008 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  23:23:18  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Clark

That stuff went hardcore. I've no idea what to ask Eric Boys cause I am not sure what he specializes on.

Ask me anything 1375 or earlier. You can see books I wrote by putting my name into Amazon.

Particular focus of late is Shining Vale and High Forest.

Eric

If you had to pick a god for yourself Eric that you just really have more interest in... which would it be? I only ask this because of all the rich development you had with them, so I'd be intrigued if any particular one just struck a chord for you.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
8008 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  23:24:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

That stuff went hardcore. I've no idea what to ask Eric Boys cause I am not sure what he specializes on.

Ask me anything 1375 or earlier. You can see books I wrote by putting my name into Amazon.

Particular focus of late is Shining Vale and High Forest.

Eric

If you had to pick a god for yourself Eric that you just really have more interest in... which would it be? I only ask this because of all the rich development you had with them, so I'd be intrigued if any particular one just struck a chord for you.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Learned Scribe

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2019 :  00:02:10  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message
quote:

Ed did note in the last podcast that more narrow questions are preferable to broad, "tell me about the gods"-type questions.

Oh, I've got "narrow" (obscure is a type of narrow, right?);

Ed, in the Spelljammer supplement SJR1 Lost Ships one of the delightful personalities you get to meet is a Sharangar Szeltune. Any relation to Mhair Szeltune of the Watchful Order? How so? And is she indeed from Greyhawk or is the phrase "....the last surviving member of a long-ago adventuring band Ė humans who sought fortunes in the stars when the civilization of Blackmoor was at its height on the Greyhawk of years ago" just a fanciful way of saying she's really old?

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

JEThetford
Seeker

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2019 :  17:51:19  Show Profile  Visit JEThetford's Homepage  Send JEThetford an AOL message  Send JEThetford a Yahoo! Message Send JEThetford a Private Message
quote:

quote:
More to come, so if anyone has any other questions, keep 'em coming.

Are you going to have interviews like that on regular basis?

Yes, there are! Our next interview will be with Ed, George and Eric Boyd. So send in those questions!

The only good Drow, is a dead Drow.

Aaomas Balkrim, Drow Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Jaz660
Acolyte

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2019 :  23:01:32  Show Profile Send Jaz660 a Private Message
I would like to know , answerable by any guest speaker and/or author if they could pick one small scale AND one earth shattering change they could alter to canon that made them whince privately , What would you decide to change?
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Senior Scribe

USA
549 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2019 :  03:07:50  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message
I would like to know what became of the Render (from the old Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume 3). I had a lot of interest in hunting that thing down and wonder if it is still out there somewhere.

All "Maztica Alive" products can be found below, linked to the campaign guide.

TWC1 The Maztica Campaign Guide

Newest Addition: TWR1 The Sea Demon's Pearl

Also, please come join us on the Maztica Alive Yahoo Group:
Join Us
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
32074 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2019 :  03:47:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

I would like to know what became of the Render (from the old Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume 3). I had a lot of interest in hunting that thing down and wonder if it is still out there somewhere.

3rd edition changed it from a unique nastybad to an uncommon beastie, with a legendary backstory that matched the original.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2019 :  00:37:37  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message
Here's my question/s: Could Ed or others possibly tell us more about the nature of the various subarctic islands that dot the Trackless Sea, other than of course the Moonshae Isles (which I know is not of Ed's making)? Such as settlements and sites within Ruathym, Tuern, Gundarlun, the Purple Rocks and the dwarven populated island of Nerth; things that we have either not heard of or things we've not heard much of? Are there any lands that deviate from the conventional norms of the Northlanders such as their typical veneration of Auril, Umberlee and Tempus, or their natural suspicion/hostility towards arcane magic, etc.? Also given the Northlanders talents with sea-faring, do they possibly have failed or successful colonies elsewhere on Toril?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5479 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2019 :  05:09:37  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Rather than running two concurrent threads, could everyone please transfer to the Mages and Sages thread. Iíll note the questions on here and they will be passed on to the powers that be. If Wooly et al could lock this thread with a suitable redirect that would be fab.

ó George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
32074 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2019 :  09:38:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Rather than running two concurrent threads, could everyone please transfer to the Mages and Sages thread. Iíll note the questions on here and they will be passed on to the powers that be. If Wooly et al could lock this thread with a suitable redirect that would be fab.

ó George Krashos

Done and done.

Mages and Sages Podcast

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2019 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000