Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Jar-Seeing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2019 :  21:44:26  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Really random 2e question:

Anyone remember what "inter-planar travel" and "jar-seeing" might have been? I think this is a twisting of some 2e spell, but I'm struggling to figure out which one. Gate for the first one? Magic Jar for the second one? Is there anything closer?

See Elves of Evermeet, page 40.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Gareth
Seeker

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2019 :  23:30:15  Show Profile Send Gareth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Astral spell, or plane shift?

I think Jar-seeing might be a typo in EoE for Far-seeing?

Given the generic terms for the other powers "telepathy" and "healing" might it be that rather than spells, its a broad range of spells that provide those "powers"?
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2019 :  02:14:28  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gareth

Astral spell, or plane shift?

I think Jar-seeing might be a typo in EoE for Far-seeing?

Given the generic terms for the other powers "telepathy" and "healing" might it be that rather than spells, its a broad range of spells that provide those "powers"?

That has always been my interpretation. Refer to the Tome of Magic (or one of the many reprints of the object since then) for salve of far seeing...
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2019 :  03:14:32  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Far-seeing must have been the intended effect. Just couldn't see it before.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000