Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Under Illefarn Anew
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  14:34:34  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings,

Enjoy.

http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/UnderIllefarnAnew.pdf
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/UnderIllefarnAnewAnnotated.pdf

Comments welcome.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 06 Feb 2019 14:58:59

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  14:39:01  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
300+ pages... Mystical Mystra, Eric, what a wonderful present to wake up to. Thank you.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  14:45:08  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my god, I just died and went to heaven.

Eric you are the FR man.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  15:08:23  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there any difference between the annotated version and the normal one? (Besides the notes, I mean).

And thanks for sharing this :)

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  15:09:31  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Is there any difference between the annotated version and the normal one? (Besides the notes, I mean).

And thanks for sharing this :)

The annotated one is the same, except with the notes added.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  15:15:40  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick answer. I can download only one right now, so I guess I'm going for the annotated one.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
267 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  17:25:14  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great ! Thank you very much.

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  17:36:31  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! Thanks, Eric. Looks like I picked a good day for a visit. Any hope of ever seeing that High Forest supplement or did I miss it?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  17:46:58  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Wow! Thanks, Eric. Looks like I picked a good day for a visit. Any hope of ever seeing that High Forest supplement or did I miss it?

At 224 pages, it's nowhere near done, nor have I worked on it in a long while, but I hope to finish it someday.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  18:03:02  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries. I've got plenty of unfinished projects myself. Thanks alot for this. You rock!

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  20:09:38  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Greetings,

Enjoy.

Comments welcome.

--Eric

WOW! Celebration time! My brother....I do not know how to express my joy.

You've created something wonderful and chosen to share it with us.

My man you need to monetize this!

I haven't read it yet but I am so so excited.

Is there a place where we can donate to you?

I seriously think you should set up a PayPal for donations and/or a Patreon.

This REALLY gets my hopes up for the High Forest supplement.

If you need any assistance with editing, or ANYTHING please just tell me.

I'm happy to donate to the cause, time, energy, money, whatever it takes.

I really appreciate what you've done here.

Many many thanks from myself and my FR gaming group.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  20:12:24  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm devouring its contents now and I don't think I've had a day this good since George released his article on the Zulkirate of Thay.

Out of interest, if I have any questions shall I direct them to your personal thread. For instance I noted that one of the laranlor of Ardeep (Corym the Tall) died before his reign finished which I find unusual, is it a slight misprint or is there a cool story behind it.

And thank you for the names of additional netherese archwizards - Cathalegaunt (which sound a lot like Tharlegaunt Bale - a relation perhaps).

Truly excellent stuff so far and there are still 300 pages left to study.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  20:47:30  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't recall, although George might remember.

Here's a quick thought. He effectively abandoned his throne to chase after Cathalegaunt (maybe he was imprisoned, as in the spell?) before being killed.

quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

I'm devouring its contents now and I don't think I've had a day this good since George released his article on the Zulkirate of Thay.

Out of interest, if I have any questions shall I direct them to your personal thread. For instance I noted that one of the laranlor of Ardeep (Corym the Tall) died before his reign finished which I find unusual, is it a slight misprint or is there a cool story behind it.

And thank you for the names of additional netherese archwizards - Cathalegaunt (which sound a lot like Tharlegaunt Bale - a relation perhaps).

--
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  20:58:01  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good to me.

I'm loving the threads woven so far here. The hag curse that explains the hagspawn barbarian in Waterdeep is genius.

I'm curious as to why Artor Morlin helped the tethyrians that would go on to found Elembar. I always had him pegged as a bad guy and I'm assuming he has his own plan to weaken the elves or something.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  21:08:27  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sounds good to me.

I'm loving the threads woven so far here. The hag curse that explains the hagspawn barbarian in Waterdeep is genius.

I'm curious as to why Artor Morlin helped the tethyrians that would go on to found Elembar. I always had him pegged as a bad guy and I'm assuming he has his own plan to weaken the elves or something.

As the text explains, he was manipulating the Tethyrians into creating a buffer between him and Ardeep. And notice that Elembar never tried to conquer his territory, probably due to strategically placed charms. And notice that having a stable of pliant humans on his doorstep wasn't the worst thing in the world for a vampire ...

--
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  21:16:10  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scanning the pdf is like finding an oasis of real Realmslore in a desert to quench one's thirst! Realmslore that is cool and sweet to the taste!

Thank you Eric!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

vertus
Acolyte

Brazil
18 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  21:40:58  Show Profile Send vertus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing!!!
I just read the table of contents and it shows the care and love for the hobby.
Cheers!

"Misty morning
Clouds in the sky
Without warning
A wizard walks by"
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  21:49:09  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lore is soo much better when the bad guys aren't one dimensional, raving morons.

The histories of the shining lands will take me a while to get straight in my head but it is sooo interesting to read.

Recently released sourcebooks lack the connections and feedback to surrounding lore that you and George so expertly weave into the history and present.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  21:52:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Eric

What an absolutely wonderful delivery of Realmslore. Many thanks for bringing this to share at Candlekeep. Under Illefarn was one of the elusive tomes for me for some time, so has a special place and it's great to see this revisited, and from just a quick look at the Contents page, this makes me very excited

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  22:43:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Greetings,

Enjoy.

Comments welcome.

--Eric

Love the casual mic drop.

You da man, Eric.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 06 Feb 2019 22:45:47
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  22:48:12  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right. Hold all my calls. Thauramarth's in a conference for the next couple of days.
Go to Top of Page

John Daker
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  23:05:26  Show Profile Send John Daker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, wow. This is amazing stuff. Thanks, Eric!
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  23:53:44  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow. Just, thank you.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  01:17:30  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Don't recall, although George might remember.

Here's a quick thought. He effectively abandoned his throne to chase after Cathalegaunt (maybe he was imprisoned, as in the spell?) before being killed.

quote:

I think we had it that he effectively abdicated to seek his vengeance. Unsuccessfully as it turned out.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  02:13:17  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool to see this out.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  03:39:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am so very stoked to finally see this! I've been waiting for this since it was first mentioned, lo these many moons ago! This is one that I would have rushed to purchase on the DM's Guild, if it had been offered there -- that's how much I've been wanting to read this one.

Eric, thank you so very much for sharing this with us!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  04:08:01  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm reading (the annotated version). Just looked up and it's suddenly one bell to midnight. I seem to be repeatedly distracted by annotations. I also seem to be only 20-some pages in. Ooh, another note! Daerimathlor? I love it. Thank you, Eric.

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  04:50:01  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

Thanks for sharing this! I never thought we'd ever get to see it.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  09:41:04  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just ... I'm floored ... thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  09:58:14  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Eric! This looks fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  10:27:11  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just want to make sure that folks give equal credit to the folks on the acknowledgement page. Without the help of George, Tom, Mark, Erskine and others, not to mention Ed and Steven, this never would have come together.

--Eric

--

Edited by - ericlboyd on 07 Feb 2019 10:33:20
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page