Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Storm Horns
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ziresta
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2019 :  22:54:12  Show Profile  Visit ziresta's Homepage Send ziresta a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Long story short, the party is looking for a magical item rumored to be in the Storm Horns. They have maps pointing to possible places it could be hidden.

I was hoping to use published adventures/modules/whatever for some of the places they look, but I'm having trouble finding ones that could be easily put there.

Anybody know of any? Preferably 1e, 2e, or 5e. I can convert from other editions, but it takes more effort because I'm less familiar with them.

Also, is there a detailed map of them anywhere? Or even not so detailed but more zoomed in than them just being at the edge of a map of Cormyr?

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  00:02:21  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Shattered Statue
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  17:20:43  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
3e has The Forge of Fury, which is a dwarven hold that could easily be in the Storm Horns. I think it's Tales from the Yawning Portal has it updated for 5e?
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  17:36:28  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FRQ1 - Haunted Halls of Eveningstar (2e)
Into the Dragon's Lair (3e sort of)
Anaurch - The Empire of Shade (parts of it)
Elminster's Ecologies - there was a booklet set in the Storm Horns with some adventure ideas

quote:
Originally posted by ziresta

Long story short, the party is looking for a magical item rumored to be in the Storm Horns. They have maps pointing to possible places it could be hidden.

I was hoping to use published adventures/modules/whatever for some of the places they look, but I'm having trouble finding ones that could be easily put there.

Anybody know of any? Preferably 1e, 2e, or 5e. I can convert from other editions, but it takes more effort because I'm less familiar with them.

Also, is there a detailed map of them anywhere? Or even not so detailed but more zoomed in than them just being at the edge of a map of Cormyr?

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 07 Feb 2019 17:37:49
Go to Top of Page

ziresta
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2019 :  15:28:40  Show Profile  Visit ziresta's Homepage Send ziresta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you.

I was kind of amused to see Haunted Halls of Eveningstar suggested because that's where they heard rumors of the item being in the Storm Horns, first from an evil mage who was ranting at his hired lackeys for not finding it for him yet, and then from a sort of helpful ghost.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000