Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mixed Elven Heritage Surnames
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valen
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2019 :  11:56:49  Show Profile Send Valen a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all!

I'm the child of a sun elf and a moon elf is either a sun elf or a moon elf, which surname do they use? The surname of the parent whose sub race they were born with?

Mod edit: Redirected from the ethers.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 05 Feb 2019 17:41:12

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2019 :  17:44:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall, it's the surname of the parent whose subrace they share. Though I'm not recalling any by name, I know there were examples of this in the novel Evermeet, and I believe the Evermeet sourcebook also had some in it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  02:51:43  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Varies, depending on what's "official". Some noble houses had elves of different subraces under the name.
Just from the "Noble Families of Cormanthyr": most are mainly one subrace, but many have "notable" elves of another listed, with the clan name.
Audark - Green, but Clan Archmage Unae Audark (moon); Durothil - Gold, but Clan Elder Uschymna Durothil (moon); Goadulphyn - Gold, but Clan Heir Thallan Goadulphyn (half-elf); Hawksong - Moon, but Clan Heir Otaerhyn Hawksong (green) and Arms-Captain Otaehryn Hawksong (green); Moonglamaer - Green, but Clan Archmage Raibyr Moonglamaer (moon); Starym - Moon/Gold.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Valen
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  02:46:08  Show Profile Send Valen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000