Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Moonblade history?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
678 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  17:19:24  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I understood that a blade went dormant when you were the last (and unworthy) potential wielder of your House.

If there is a worthy wielder in a House, the sword will kill everyone who claims it until that worthy wielder does.

It also appears that a sword will "wait" for a worthy wielder (i.e. for the next generation) if there is no one available in the current House. This has been less well-explained in the sources though.

-- George Krashos

Didn't I just explain it?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5545 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  20:31:56  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I understood that a blade went dormant when you were the last (and unworthy) potential wielder of your House.

If there is a worthy wielder in a House, the sword will kill everyone who claims it until that worthy wielder does.

It also appears that a sword will "wait" for a worthy wielder (i.e. for the next generation) if there is no one available in the current House. This has been less well-explained in the sources though.

-- George Krashos

Didn't I just explain it?

Sorry Cards. Missed your illuminating response in all the excitement.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2133 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  21:31:47  Show Profile  Send The Masked Mage an AOL message  Click to see The Masked Mage's MSN Messenger address Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the only question we're not sure of is whether a dormant blade would become momentarily active to fry a wielder - one who is NOT the last in the family's bloodline - who tries to wield it regardless of it being dormant. For example - if Elaith tired to draw the blade AFTER if fell dormant but also AFTER he had a daughter.

I argue it would. The blade is dormant - not dead. Its purpose still holds and part of that is to only be wielded by those of the bloodline who are worthy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2019 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000