Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 [Craig Vincent] My general thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divinity
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2018 :  00:03:40  Show Profile Send Divinity a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm creating this thread as a place I can post my cartography and various other 'stuff' as well as a place people can reach me with comments and questions. Please feel free to post here as you like.

So... I'm going to step into my some of my cartography. I looked through the code of conduct and it didn't say anything about not posting images, but, as of yet, I don't think I can recall any images ever being posted, so I'll keep it to posting links to everything; that seems to be the norm.

I'll start with some previous maps I've done and work into the current one I'm doing. A few of the previous ones I've done are my own realm, but I'll post links so you can at least see some of the styles I've used in the past, since, compared to most cartographers, I've not created too many maps.

Realm of Rhielōn
This is my own realm. It's based on the Forgotten Realms - as you'll be able to see. After some mapping of it, I mostly moved on, preferring to map areas of Faerūn.

Nordikana Continent
The central continent.

Trade Sea
The Trade Sea area of the Nordikana Continent. These are my favorite mountains. Unfortunately, I made them in a very long, complicated and destructive way that wasn't detailed. Doing them like this on a large scale would be terrible anyhow. My hope is I can replicate something similar using my current method of making mountains, however, so far, I've not been able to find just the right way.

Nation of Xortaal
A continent up in the northwest of the realm.

Forgotten Realms!

Alright, things you care about...

Cormyr 1
This was my first go at Cormyr. I've played nwn on a Cormyr persistent world since 2005 (though this specific edition was actually for another server where Cormyr was at war with Shade) so I have a lot of history in it. The map is based on Mike Schley's 4E map. This particular one has the 'dungeon' areas faded with emphasis on the war - purple being Cormyr and red being Shade. This was maybe the second map I ever made.

Cormanthor
This was another map I did for a server I briefly played on. I really like the cleanness of it.

Cormyr 2
This was my second attempt at Cormyr. I used the same style as the Cormanthor map. This was tailored to the server I've played on forever. It includes many server-canon locations and edits.

Faerūn+
This is a screen capture using the Windows snipping tool so the quality is bad. This is my current map! If you open the link and zoom in to 100%, that's at 12.5% in Photoshop. The map is based on the 3E map, however, there are lots of other changes. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how different a few main parts of this map are compared to other maps. Live and learn I guess.

Faerūn+ Details
This is another screen capture, again making things a bit blurry. This one has the terrain and some location labeling. White areas are consistently populated locations, yellow are generally unpopulated besides dungeon-like monsters. Once I finish locations, I'll head on to terrain names, as well as adding other locations I missed the first time through and road names. Lastly, I'll finish detailing the terrain, add bridges, etc. Part of me is content with the mountains, part of me wishes they'd look more like my previous ones. I have ideas on how to do it, but the work behind the changes makes me twitch so they'll probably stay.

So! There you are. Enjoy!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000