Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Which campaign/mapping software is right for me?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

My Initials Are DM
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2018 :  23:35:31  Show Profile Send My Initials Are DM a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, everyone. I'm looking for an interactive atlas of Faerun in which I can create bookmarks, import textbox descriptions of locations, and maps of cities, dungeons, etc. as hyperlinks.

What I want to be able to do is go from the continent of Faerun, click on a location - say, Waterdeep - and have an interactive map of that location come up. Then, with the map of Waterdeep up, I can zoom in on a bookmark that contains a hyperlink of a local location - say, the Yawning Portal - and have an interactive map of the Yawning Portal come up. Then I can click on the well in the taproom and it takes me down to an interactive map of Undermountain, which will have bookmarks and hyperlinks to individual rooms and encounters.

Perhaps another way to describe it is if you could take the Faerun map from LoreMaps and edit it with your own bookmarks, text, and hyperlinks to additional maps.

There are several excellent campaign mapping tools available (CC3+, Fractal Mapper), as well as online campaign management tools (Obsidian Portal), but which one is right for what I want to do?

I'm currently using OneNote and a physical binder to organize my campaign, and it's working well enough, but I'd love an interactive atlas I can use for worldbuilding and campaign management. At the table, I have a legal pad of paper and my iPad behind the DM screen, and my campaign binder, 5e books, and general Realms sourcebooks next to me. I'd like to consolidate as much world information as I can into my iPad.

Any suggestions or tips are much appreciated.

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2018 :  23:56:19  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There used to be a Forgotten Realms Atlas that came out back in the days of 2ed that had all the maps in every FR product up to that point but I suspect outside of EBay you'll struggle to do it. If your looking for Table Top software theres always Roll20App or Fantasy Grounds

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

My Initials Are DM
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2018 :  00:15:17  Show Profile Send My Initials Are DM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds suggestion. I had associated those with virtual table top games, which I haven't been playing, but I poked around on their forums and saw recommendations for Realm Works. Looked into that, and it seems like Realm Works does the kind of thing I had in mind.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000