Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Xanathar and the Sewers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Celephais
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2018 :  22:11:26  Show Profile Send Celephais a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does he have a section of the Waterdeep sewers that he's marked as his own or does he more or less have control over the whole thing but only inhabits or patrols certain parts when he's on high alert or something to that effect? (I really need to read more than the 5E supplements and sign up for whatever the best current source of lore articles is).

Death's so quick but it can last so long.

Edited by - Celephais on 18 Oct 2018 22:15:28

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2018 :  01:44:43  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The sewers of Waterdeep are very complex/ A lot of ins and out and what have yous.

No one controls them all. The lords and their agents, the crime element - Xanathar 2.0 being just 1 of them, and various monstrous entities vie for control of regions.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2018 :  02:32:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

No one controls them all. The lords and their agents, the crime element - Xanathar 2.0 being just 1 of them, and various monstrous entities vie for control of regions.

Agreed. Though I'd say that in 100 years, we may be on Xanathar 4.0 or 5.0 by now. Crime lords are rarely known for longevity. (Note: if there's anything saying the current Xanathar is 2.0 and not another who assumed the name, then I've forgotten about it or never read it)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2018 :  17:25:56  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Agreed. Though I'd say that in 100 years, we may be on Xanathar 4.0 or 5.0 by now. Crime lords are rarely known for longevity. (Note: if there's anything saying the current Xanathar is 2.0 and not another who assumed the name, then I've forgotten about it or never read it)

More than that. Like, Xanathar the 100th or so. So many Xanathar's have existed after the Eye (the one from 3.x, who is the Xanathar 2.0), that the count is lost. There is an article in Dungeon 206 that updates the history of the Xanathar up to 4e, and AFAIK, the Xanathar of 4e is the same one in 5e (Zushaxx)—if we go by what is said in Volo's Guide to Monsters.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 19 Oct 2018 17:26:46
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2018 :  15:55:08  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

More than that. Like, Xanathar the 100th or so. So many Xanathar's have existed after the Eye (the one from 3.x, who is the Xanathar 2.0), that the count is lost. There is an article in Dungeon 206 that updates the history of the Xanathar up to 4e, and AFAIK, the Xanathar of 4e is the same one in 5e (Zushaxx)—if we go by what is said in Volo's Guide to Monsters.

Hmmm true, but the "End of 4e" is merely a few years from the official "Start Year" of 5th Edition, right? The events of 4e ends roughly around 1486. And 5th Edition campaign events begins roughly around 1490 (give or take one year). So very little time has elapsed between when 4th Edition ends and when 5th Edition begins.

Go to Top of Page

josephwatts
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2018 :  11:04:37  Show Profile  Visit josephwatts's Homepage Send josephwatts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy to end up here, actually I am in search of poem related forum and by accidentally visited here, but happy to be the part of this community. Your work is really good and doing better for your members and readers. Happily joined this forum. I am a passionate writer and blogger.

https://www.essayjaguar.com/
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2018 :  01:10:53  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fun fact: A beholder's mouth doubles as its port of exit for excrement, so it naturally smells like a sewer up close.

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2018 :  02:27:04  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by josephwatts

Happy to end up here, actually I am in search of poem related forum and by accidentally visited here, but happy to be the part of this community. Your work is really good and doing better for your members and readers. Happily joined this forum. I am a passionate writer and blogger.

Welcome Joe
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2018 :  14:37:39  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero

Fun fact: A beholder's mouth doubles as its port of exit for excrement, so it naturally smells like a sewer up close.

Adds a whole new visual to beholders "marking their territory". Also explains why they're often so cranky.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000