Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 TSR 1031 "Grey Box" Map
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

499 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2018 :  20:59:14  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So a few years back I got my hands on a copy of the old grey box set. One corner of the box was a little beat up but the entire contents were untouched, mint. I tucked it away in a pile till today.

I've been musing with getting my vast collection of gaming maps framed, laminated, etc. So then I remembered the old box in the corner. Sure enough the maps are still in there. I never realized how HUGE this/these maps were. I guess I could get them mounted separately. But that seems like a shame. Has anyone ever mounted/framed them as one giant piece?

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2018 :  21:05:33  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For me it's just too much surface area to lay out all at once.

But many other people have done and photographed/scanned the results.
https://www.google.com/search?q=forgotten+realms+grey+box+maps

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2018 :  00:27:43  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of my biggest wishes is that someone with the know how would scan them in, and fix the scan problems (page lines, etc) to all the old maps. Including those from the novels (these were great back in the day, and added SOOO much to the novels in my mind)
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2018 :  02:35:58  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's clever apps now which can automatically turn crooked, warped, twisted, bent, and off-angled images into perfectly straight and legible images. I use one on my phone every day, just take photos of receipts and signs and stuff, they turn into perfect text documents and letterheads, lol.
And there's clever apps which seamlessly correct/align/merge multiple images together. I use them to sometimes take panoramic-style photos of stuff.

I expect this sort of digital sorcery would probably work quite well on converting these into nice, clean, contiguous computer images.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000