Posted - 10 Sep 2018 : 07:00:24
My current FR game
1475 Dale Reckoning
Follows an Alternate Time of Troubles
• The biggest deific change is that Bane didn’t die and stay dead in the Godswar. Cyric didn’t become a god but a mad ‘prophet’ who was later slain by the Banite hierarchy.
• Myrkul and Bhaal are still around, too.
No Spellplague, no returned Abeir,
Present day notes, short form:
• Cormyr: divided into rival kingdoms, bandit and monster-controlled regions, and a Sembian Protectorate
• Sembia: laws reformed by Thorowald the Liberator a civil war nearly a century ago, limited terms of indenture and expanded franchise (property owners). Capital shifted to Selgaunt.
• The Dales: cooperating against Sembian land grabs, for now. Saurials allied to free Dales.
• Anauroch: The Shades returned but were ultimately defeated by powerful forces, both good and evil. Defeated, not destroyed; they work more subtly now.
Moander claims part of the forest, a rotted, hellish zone that spreads slowly outward.
Drow who worship Mask (Vhaerun as an aspect of Mask/god absorbed by Mask) claim another section.
Fiends and other monsters in Myth Drannor. (The Return? It failed. Myth Drannor remains a ruin, with the magic items of the dead crusaders added to the treasure hoards of the monsters that inhabit the fallen city.)
• Yulash: client state of Hillsfar, rebuilt from the ruined condition of the 1360s. Three-way struggle between Hillsfar-backed city gov’t, agents of the Zhentarim, and a burgeoning local cult of Moander
Edited by - BadLuckBugbear on 10 Sep 2018 07:04:06