Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lore Request: The Maimed Wizard
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2018 :  00:42:38  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm looking for any sources of information on Eirhaun Sooundaeril, otherwise known of as the Maimed Wizard.

I am aware of the short story "How Wisdom Came To The Maimed Wizard," as well as his inclusion in the Spellfire Trilogy.

Does anyone know of any other appearances he makes in either fiction or in RPG?

Gareth
Seeker

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2018 :  01:03:24  Show Profile Send Gareth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's in some of the Knights of Myth Drannor trilogy, I cant remember which ones off the top of my head.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2018 :  04:05:03  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks - I'll look
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2018 :  04:43:17  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Briefly skimming, I found him in the second Knights book "The Swords of Dragonfire"

Near the end of the book, Eirhaun sends some low level Zhent wizards after the knights. Old Ghost and Horaundoon possess them into spell-fighting each other. Magic goes wild. Eventually they all attack Eirhaun - their magic explodes and his magical shieldings go wild and he is horribly disfigured. I assume this is how he became "the maimed wizard"

Then Sarhthor sends them all to the abyss and Eirhaun drags him along to. In Sarhthor's later report to Manshoon and the Shadowsil, he and Eirhaun make it back from the abyss. No information about whether Old Ghost and Horaundoon do as well, however.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000