Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New Races
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  15:52:59  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The Urgrok - Curious four-armed, gray skinned humanoids who enjoys adventuring.

People of the Sands - Well built humanoids that dwell in the deserts.

Aelfborn - Half-elves that have strange behaviors and magical tatoos.

Nightwing Elves - A mixture of Drow and Avariel elvish races.

Half-Dwarf

Half-Vampires - Cursed or gifted? These are the horrific offspring of vampires and mortals.

Feral Beastman - Powerful and ferocious race suited for barbarians.

Anyone wanna learn more about the above? More to come!

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  15:56:20  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salabasha
Aelfborn - Half-elves that have strange behaviors and magical tatoos.

I'll bite there. What details do you have on them?

quote:

Nightwing Elves - A mixture of Drow and Avariel elvish races.

And yes there too. Interested in hearing how this race came into being.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  16:12:39  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aren't these the races available for free download at the Community3e.com site?.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  16:35:22  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Aelfborn are a strange race of Elven and human offspring, but unlike normal half-elves, the Aelfborn are born with magical tattoos that keep them sane. The humans call them "The curse of the Aelfborn". Besides being born with a slightly unstable mind, the Aelfborn also have a couple other flaws. First, they lack the immortality of their Elven parents, ageing the same as men, Secondly, they are unable to reproduce. Also unlike their half-Elven relatives, they show a great increase in their abilities, most are faster and smarter then other half-elves, but a show a severe lack in charisma due to not only their appearance, but also very unstable attitudes.

Personality - Like before stated, the Aelfborn tend to have a very chaotic and have unstable personalties. Most, because of their birth defect, remain loners for most of their days, wandering the forest trying to find someone to take them in. Aelfborn are normally not known for their loyalty, but do have a great passion for the few things that they do care about. Aelfborn are very good to each other, being few and far between, they know they must stick togther.
When in a group Aelfborn are normally quite and do not talk unless it is absolutely necessary. They do not make close friends, and always keep people at a distance. Most hate talking about themselves and would much rather hear about someone else to see if they have any important information to give away.

Physical Description - No matter the stock of their human parent, Aelfborn always have fair, pale golden skin, although their hair is quite varied. The child's face also tends toward elvish features, although their eyes are non quite so large and their faces less sharp. Their large ears are distinctly pointed. Aelfborn inherit elf's sharp eyes and keen ears. If their faces favour the elf blood in them, then the bodies of the Aelfborn are more human-like. Aelfborn are shorter then most men, but remain taller then elves, as well as more muscular.

Other information.
Relations - The Aelfborn are hated by both elves and men and are rejected and ridiculed no matter which cities they visit. They do not see many dwarves, but tend to dislike them because of their own lawful nature. They do not share the same hatred for half-orcs as their human or Elven parents, because they know what it is like to be shunned and disrespected, however, they normally do not enjoy their company. Gnomes and halflings have neutral feeling toward Aelfborn.

Alignment - The unstable nature of the Aelfborn does no allow them to be any other alignment except for chaotic. Most tend to stay neutral, not caring about the good or evil things in this world, only trying to survive from one day to the next.

Lands - Aelfborn do not have may lands of their own, however, a small bunch of them might live together in a neutral section of the forest. Others live in the cities, sneaking through the streets in cloaks and stealing what they need.

Religion - Aelfborn almost always scorn all deities, for they feel like their curse was brought unto them by the gods. Others turn to religion for repentance, hoping that through praise of a deity they will be taken in and enjoy a much better afterlife. A very few Aelfborn will try to seek revenge on all human and Elven kind, worshipping gods of war and slaughter to take their scornful creators.

Language - Aelfborn speak both the common tongue of their human parents as well as the tongue of their Elven parent. They do have some trouble speaking Elven, but this is only noticed by Elves

Adventurers - Aelfborn are normally forced into adventure due to the dismissal of their parents. Most are forced into the forest living in solitude. Some earn a little money as spies, bounty hunters or thieves.

Names - Aelfborn usually use Elven names - Male ones - Ehlor, Amandel - Female - Celiden - Caliwen.

Racial traits
- +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Wis, -4 Cha. Aelfborn are naturally quick and intellectually gifted like their Elven parents, however, their mental instability, very chaotic nature, and bizarre appearance, makes them far less like by others
- Medium Sized
- Based speed of 30 feet
- Low Light Vision
- Immunity to sleep and similar effects.
- Saves - +1 Fort and Ref but a -1 Wis save. Aelfborn are quick and tough, but its unstable mind is very susceptible to mind influencing magic.
- +2 bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks
- Speak Common and Elven
- Preferred class - Wizard

Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  16:37:34  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed they are. For anone who doesn't know of the site, it is www.community3e.com

Check out the site if you want. The fourms are rather good.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  17:05:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Weren't the Aelfborn in a recent issue of Dragon?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  07:38:46  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I believe Alaundo prefers you to ask permission to repost information that isn't yours. Unless, of course, this author has already given permission?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  10:39:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Actually, I believe Alaundo prefers you to ask permission to repost information that isn't yours. Unless, of course, this author has already given permission?

Well met

Quite right, Bookwyrm. Quoting small parts of text from FR sources is fine, providing the "quote" function and source information is included.

However, please refrain from providing information developed by other sites.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  14:40:56  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Shrugs*

It is for the public to use, copy, and disect as they please.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  17:46:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salabasha

*Shrugs*

It is for the public to use, copy, and disect as they please.

Well met

If indeed the material from there is for general use, please remember to place the material in quotes and state the origins. Even though it may state on that site that it is for free use, it would be wrong to not give credit and would therefore likely be taken that it is your own work...which could lead on to all sorts of problems Thank ye

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 16 Apr 2004 17:47:48
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  18:11:07  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well think about it this way. I am sure people use there D&D manuals or novels as referrals on this site all the time. Yet, no quotations are used, even though the books and manuals are indeed copyrighted, although allowed for the public to use.

It is only copyright if I indicate that the information posted is mine, which I did not.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  18:56:28  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid that's not the way it works, Salabasha. Believe me, I know -- I had a professor who loved to assign papers, and was very strict on how you work citations. If you make a direct quote, you have to (when it's formal, at least), state absolutely everything. If it's not formal (such as around here), you simply state the basic source, whether that's author or book or something else.

In this case, you're not just quoting from, you're reprinting. As such, legally, you need to have the author's permission.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2004 :  00:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

A number of posts have been removed from this scroll. Salabasha, please refrain from giving outbursts to those who are merely pointing out etiquette for the use of material herein> It is merely advice in order to keep this place safe I will hear no more on the matter.

These new races mentioned herein certainly sound of interest though, and indeed gained my attention

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 17 Apr 2004 00:17:25
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2004 :  00:43:26  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Plagarism and cheating are always a serious problem when writing papers for school Bookwyrm, its the same everywhere. I remember once I wrote a 4 page paper for highschool history and half of it was quoted but I still managed to pull of an 'A' (must have used the right quotes).

I see you have added some new emoticons Alaundo ... that's good. You still haven't got a sarcastic smiley though.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2004 :  00:55:15  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, Lina, until something better comes along, the "rolling eyes" smiley shall have to convey sarcasm.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.

Edited by - Shadowlord on 17 Apr 2004 00:56:14
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2004 :  03:37:40  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I GAVE Alaundo a sarcastic smilie, though! And he said he'd put it up, along with the other three. But instead I found . . . these.

Notice, I haven't used a new one yet. I'm sure I will sometime, but for now, I'm holding out for the others.

Maybe if I altered the colors, he'd like them better?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000