Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Trial of Asmodeus
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2018 :  15:53:12  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm reading through Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and in regards to Asmodeus it mentions "The most epic of all his achievements is chronicled in a play based on purportedly true events as researched by the aasmiar bard Anodius".

PLEASE tell me that this exists!!!!

I can't find it anywhere. =)

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2018 :  17:00:58  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The bard? Dunno.

You can read a version of the trial in the Fiendish Codex (3e book) about devils, but that version is different from what they published in MToF

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 30 May 2018 17:01:26
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2018 :  06:50:42  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably a teaser for a future product?
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2018 :  05:36:11  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've added it to my bucket list for DMsGuild. Something I'll work on while I'm taking walks for exercise (I carry a notepad).

I hope you like iambic pentameter.

:P

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2018 :  01:47:26  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could you make a note to message me when you finish?

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2018 :  01:50:23  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wenin

Could you make a note to message me when you finish?

Sure.

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2018 :  07:58:44  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How exactly does one put the King of Hell on trial?

Just trying to research him got poor William the Dogged splattered all over Sigil.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2018 :  08:39:56  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Just trying to research him got poor William the Dogged splattered all over Sigil.

You come up with a kewl idea and then without any further thought, or research, or consideration about the ramifications or consistency for the setting you write it down in a published work and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2018 :  14:22:07  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

If it’s part of his plan all along, quite easily. Well, not so easy that the powers at be get tipped off by his obvious compliance.

Don’t forget we also had a trial for Cyric, who was decidedly more chaotic.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2018 :  21:45:09  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard part of it involved a trial against that Aasimar bard, Anodius Jonnson (known as Jonny by his friends), for a golden violin of quickening against the soul of Anodius. Anodius apparently won the bout, and true to the contract, Asmodeus gave him the violin. This apparently was also used by Asmodeus to prove that he fully honors his contracts with all fairness.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 08 Jun 2018 21:48:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000