Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Snippet of content from 'Complete Divine'
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2004 :  11:05:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Taken from EN World -
quote:
On a card I recently received they gave me the impression that the following will be in the Complete Divine (CD) by the notation they have made:

- New classes or reprints in the Complete Divine - Favored Soul, Spirit Shaman

- Prestige classes - Contemplative, Divine Oracle, Geomancer, Sacred Exoricst (guessing reprints of DotF)

- Feats - Augmented Healing, Disciple of the Sun, Glorious Weapon, Practiced Spellcaster

What's everyone think...?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2004 :  11:30:53  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Taken from EN World -
quote:
On a card I recently received they gave me the impression that the following will be in the Complete Divine (CD) by the notation they have made:

- New classes or reprints in the Complete Divine - Favored Soul, Spirit Shaman

- Prestige classes - Contemplative, Divine Oracle, Geomancer, Sacred Exoricst (guessing reprints of DotF)

- Feats - Augmented Healing, Disciple of the Sun, Glorious Weapon, Practiced Spellcaster

What's everyone think...?

hmmm not real impressed

Contemplative. Divine Orcale and Sacred Exoricst are repeat material from Dotf

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2004 :  12:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the Geomancer's a reprint from MotW , while the Favored Soul is a reprint from the Miniatures Handbook.

Remember, however, that the reprint quotient in the Complete X books has been quite high, as they are updates of older tomes to 3.5...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2004 :  13:03:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, and the 'Geomancer' class appears to be a possible reprint from the Masters of the Wild tome (sorry Arivia, my post spent about 10 minutes in the memory buffer...).

Looking over the snippet though, the only things from the CD that interest me so far, appear to be the 'Spirit Shaman' class, and the 'Disciple of the Sun' feat. Actually, if I remember correctly, the 'Spirit Shaman' class could be the old 2e class kit of the same name from an old PS tome. I'll have to compare it, once we know more.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2004 :  17:56:33  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's just the fact that we'd discussed such a thing a while back, but perhaps the Spirit Shaman is a spontaneous divine spellcaster?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2004 :  01:39:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Maybe it's just the fact that we'd discussed such a thing a while back, but perhaps the Spirit Shaman is a spontaneous divine spellcaster?

The Favored Soul already covers that role.
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2004 :  01:56:05  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are we sure that the geomancer is "merely" a reprint?

In my opinion the class had a lot going for it, but could use some serious tweaking.

The Complete Warrior contained quite a few reprints... but also had a lot of new material. Most of the reprints were balanced (for better or for worse).

I'm not going to get worked up about it until I have it in my grubby hands. If it is as good as Complete Warrior, I'll be satisfied.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2004 :  04:31:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've heard from other sources (both the WotC and EN World boards) that the 'Geomancer' will be a reprint yes...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000