Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Looking for "Flower" People
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2019 :  14:07:21  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ah, thank you. Yeah, I see that thingiverse is for that, but nothing I was reading in it says that the stl files can't be just painted virtually. That being said, I've been trying to find places that make STL files for download, and if turbosquid's a good site, then great. I don't think this one though would print easily though as well, so I'm also not sticking it up on thingiverse for that reason. I have made two mousefolk on al'mi'raj (again more to teach myself) that I think would print fine. I just wish that my current 3d printer wouldn't take like 3 days to print out a model of that size or I'd test it. Thinking some of the next things I do though will be playing with the scanning aspect of my 3d printer (which I've never used) and then reshaping them. I think I have some old ceramics that could be fun.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2019 :  08:48:37  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

That being said, I've been trying to find places that make STL files for download, and if turbosquid's a good site, then great.

Wings3D can both import and export STL, as well as other known mesh formats (OBJ+MTL, 3DS, and some of less common ones).
Blender does it too.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page