Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Other Worlds of the Forgotten Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Zeromaru X
Master of Realmslore

Colombia
1250 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2018 :  23:53:57  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering that the Nentir Vale was originally created to be part of the Forgotten Realms before they decided to make it its own thing instead, and that the lore in this setting is heavily influenced by Realms canon, I wonder if we should consider the Nerath world as one of the worlds of the Realms as well.

Long ago, in the distant past, they fell into decay. The philosopher’s path... The river of glory... Even the saints resting in the darkness rise up without response and block the way...
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2219 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2018 :  01:02:09  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes, yes we should

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3682 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2019 :  06:03:14  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone think the Ship of Lolth (which is Canon) would be something Lolth would rebuild even if it were destroyed by adventurers?

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7849 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2019 :  15:16:19  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Anyone think the Ship of Lolth (which is Canon) would be something Lolth would rebuild even if it were destroyed by adventurers?

Are we talking the spider ship from the old module? I do believe it got referenced in the 5 part novel series revolving around Lolth forming a new divine domain outside the abyss, but she left it behind... could be wrong.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

tmcvicar2
Seeker

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2019 :  18:58:46  Show Profile Send tmcvicar2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I recall correctly, in module Q1 Queen of the Demonweb Pits, Lolth's Plane had 8 doors to alternate worlds:

A. The Kingdom Of Caer Sidi.
B. The Frozen Lands.
C. The Great Ocean.
D. The Black Fen.
E. The Labyrinth Of Arachne.
F. Maldev.
G. The Nightworid Of Vlad Tolenkov. - Ravenloft?
H. Lolth's Prison.
I. The Spider Ship Of Lolth.

They aren't all full worlds. But some appear to be. I always wanted to include Maldev in a FR campaign. Ive been tossing it around as the actual homeland of the Dwarves of Toril.

Ancestors could hear
What is happening now
They would turn in their graves
They would all be ashamed
That the land of the free
Has been written in chains
And I know what I want
When the timing is right
Then I'll take what is mine
I am the clansman

Iron Maiden "The Clansman"
Go to Top of Page