Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Magister Talatha Vaerovree of Innarlith & Noumea
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2018 :  02:38:45  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I can't find the book. I suspect that it was packed with my daughter's books when she moved. Perhaps GK will drop in and offer some insight.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2018 :  02:45:09  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If no one does in the next day or two I'll dig em up and look... been a while since I've read Ed anyhow.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2018 :  07:15:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's actually a bit hard to say. She spews up blue flame after taking the shape of Larloch and Elminster comments that to get his permission would have been "costly". She then expires weeping blue tears. I guess in simple terms, the Spellplague burned her out.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2018 :  13:58:57  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

It's actually a bit hard to say. She spews up blue flame after taking the shape of Larloch and Elminster comments that to get his permission would have been "costly". She then expires weeping blue tears. I guess in simple terms, the Spellplague burned her out.

-- George Krashos

Ahh... even more intrigued... so it was not pre or post spellplague, but MID. I'll hunt this down tonight. It may not be, but this seems like some kind of gem we can do something with (as many things are until I actually get into the details).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2018 :  22:05:08  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it was WAY post spellplague. I think something about Larloch's magic is connected to the blue-fire of spellplague in Eds books. This is based mostly on the blue-fire items. However, perhaps his magical protections link him to the weave and dole out such punishments from those attempting to impersonate him - similar in many ways to Mystra's curse involved with coping another wizard's sigil.
Go to Top of Page

Gareth
Seeker

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2018 :  11:43:23  Show Profile Send Gareth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its in "The Many Murders of Manshoon" in the Realms of the Dead anthology.

The story starts 9 Kythorn 1385.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2018 :  12:59:51  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gareth

So about a month and a half after the Mystra's Death since it happened somewhere between the 16th-29th of Tarsakh according to the brotherhood of the Griffin novels.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 05 Jan 2018 13:00:23
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2018 :  17:41:12  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gareth

K - definitely not where I thought it was then :P
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2018 :  18:09:57  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So now this - and things bouncing-around in other threads - has made me reevaluate my theories on the 'colors of magic'.

I was way off-base thinking it is about Mystra and Shar, when really it was about Selūne (Silver) and Primordial RAW Magic (Blue).

We also have red & purple in the lore, so now I'm thinking its more of an 'alignment' kind of thing, then 'schools' or 'types', but not in the way we used to think about alignments - more like how 4e handled 'power sources'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000